Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

First time grower, HELP

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Cam

First time grower, HELP

Post by Cam »

ImageHowdy all! This is my first grow and I have a couple questions. First photo is a crystal candy xl auto. 3 weeks old, looks to have a deficiency of some sort? And hasn't hardly grown in the last 2 weeks. She is in 5 gal, coco coir. Amended with Gaia green 444 as per the recommendations on the tub, some perlite, and a very small amount of worm castings. Under a 1200w led. Temps are 75-78f i do have a dome over it to keep humidity up. Its on 18/6 light cycle. Water ph is 6.3. Any insight is appreciated. Also my photo plants seem stunted. 2 weeks from planting the seed and they still look like this? At first I had the light too far away and they stretched. I removed some coco from the bottom of the cups and buried them deeper 6 days ago. They are also in a propagation dome and don't seem to growing very quickly
These users thanked the author Cam for the post (total 2):
The Shanchez (Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:27 pm) • kbag (Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:27 am)

TommyT
Known User

Re: First time grower, HELP

Post by TommyT »

Try to take a picture without your burple light on. Just use regular lights and your flash on the camera.
I can't see any deficiency in this picture.
Are the tips curled down?
These users thanked the author TommyT for the post (total 2):
Guest (Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:59 pm) • Cam (Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:10 pm)
Purple Punch From Seedstockers
The other day when I was high I solved one of the world's greatest problems.
Unfortunately five minutes later I forgot what I was doing.

Post by Guest »

As far as I am aware things that stunt growth are a lack of vital minerals or nutrients, not enough light, carbon dioxide and a decent air supply in.

There could be a lot of tihngs to point the finger at. Give everyone as much info as possible?

Im only on my 3rd grow in, 2nd organic one. I think worm castinbgs you should be using lots of, it's hard to overdo on that apparently.

Also the 444 won't be enough. You'll probably need a few other amendments to get the 17 vital nutrients for growth, but there is upwards of 60 different minerals and nutrients that the plant can uptake. Kelp is a big winner, with natural growth hormones and contains all the macro and micro nutrients you need pretty much, although you'll need a good supply with no heavy metals or contaminants.

@GMO has started his 1st organic amended grow. Maybe head over to his grow. Searc him out. Here is what I tend to use:

Kelp
Dynomyco or a michorazae innoculant of sorts, great white is another good one.
Alf alfa meal
Neem meal
Krill
Malted Barley Powder
Insect frass
Bone meal
Blood meal
Worm Castings

Also @GHO will help. His website is in the scrolling bar down below. His website has a very good recepie, so take note that I'm tweaking my list of amendments around this guys recipe.

Hope things workj out and this helps.

P.S I'm assuming you're in US or Canada having Gai Green?
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
The Shanchez (Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:29 pm) • Cam (Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:10 pm) • wutang (Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:38 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

TommyT wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:49 pm
Try to take a picture without your burple light on. Just use regular lights and your flash on the camera.
I can't see any deficiency in this picture.
Are the tips curled down?
Which light is it too? That would tell a lot.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Cam (Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:10 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Agree on the can't use too much castings buddy, a lot of people advocate being stingy with them however you'll get good growth in castings and it's very available. If you need amendments info etc let me know.
I don't mess with Coco but I'm sure there'll be some good Coco guys on here that can advise.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 3):
The Shanchez (Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:30 pm) • Cam (Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:09 pm) • wutang (Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:38 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Lack of ferts mate. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 pm) • Cam (Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:09 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Cam

Post by Cam »

Thanks everyone for all the info!!!!

The light is a maxbrhydro 1200w set at roughly 40% and approx 26" above the photo seedlings, and 20" above the auto

This is the auto with the blurple light off. No curling tips. The other 3 are my photo period red mandarin. One has upward curling leaf tipsImage

Sorry for the blurple being back on for the last pic, its just to show the curling tips. Do you think this indicates a deficiency of some sort? Or maybe just a characteristic of this plant? The photo seedlings are on a heat mat
These users thanked the author Cam for the post:
TommyT (Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:42 pm)

Post by Guest »

@Cam Whenever I've heard anyone mention heat mats they say never to use them straight under the seedlings. They get too hot.

Leaves curling up=heat stress (generally)

Leaves curling down (clawing)=Nitrogen toxicity/root problems
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
wutang (Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 pm) • TommyT (Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:42 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:54 pm)

Cam

Post by Cam »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:28 pm
@Cam Whenever I've heard anyone mention heat mats they say never to use them straight under the seedlings. They get too hot.

Leaves curling up=heat stress (generally)

Leaves curling down (clawing)=Nitrogen toxicity/root problems
Thanks! Tent Temps are between 75 and 78f. Ill remove the mat! No issues with clawing down. They're just a bit light in color and not growing very quickly

Post by Guest »

Try searching clackamas coots recipe. In fact you can buy a kit here:

https://www.kisorganics.com/products/cl ... trient-kit

Assuming you're US or Canada? ....talking in Fahrenheit?

In fact online he's sold out, so it must be a popular choice, but you can use this as a guide and re pot?

In organics, the bigger the pot, the better. The Michorazae fungi take exudates from the roots and show the roots where to find new nutrients. For this reason I would go at least 5 gallon or 20L pots. It seems big, but it will pay off. If all you have is smaller pots then don't worry. Just ensure to top up with ferments or compost teas, this would only be necessary later on in flowering stages usually. Of you needed help then I'd be happy to point you in the right direction or to someone who could help.

GMO is the ferment guy really, I tend to do a little bit of both.

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”