Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Anyone know what this could be ?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Gward20

Re: Anyone know what this could be ?

Post by Gward20 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:50 pm
Gward20 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm
Yes i`ll go with what Kbag said after reading your last post Gward.

Dropping fert strength to 1.6 to around 1.0-1.2 after 4 or 5 weeks on 12/12 won`t hurt and prevent salt build up, but 1.6ec for stage they are at stretching like mad isn`t high, but yes i suppose it`s worth checking run off too int it before slinging lots of water through pots, cus then you`ll get your answer as to whether you are or aren`t overfeeding.
Thanks @2-Scoops I will keep everyone dated. I will go and feed them tomorrow at a lower Ec and collect the run off of a few plants and test it
Use same strength you`ve been using for a true`R reading mate, at end of shift as said 1.6 int high for stage they are at as you know they are walloping ferts down atmo for 3 to 4 weeks on 12/12.
Ok mate I will do that. It’s just weird that every plant has it on some leaves. I don’t think it is nute burn as it’s not every tip that is affected. Its mainly the dots on the leaves I’m concerned about.
These users thanked the author Gward20 for the post:
2-Scoops (Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:04 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Gward20 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Gward20 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks @2-Scoops I will keep everyone dated. I will go and feed them tomorrow at a lower Ec and collect the run off of a few plants and test it
Use same strength you`ve been using for a true`R reading mate, at end of shift as said 1.6 int high for stage they are at as you know they are walloping ferts down atmo for 3 to 4 weeks on 12/12.
Ok mate I will do that. It’s just weird that every plant has it on some leaves. I don’t think it is nute burn as it’s not every tip that is affected. Its mainly the dots on the leaves I’m concerned about.
Your very first picture in the thread i was thinking mold spores or summink like looking at leaves then others looked like bugs as well as some toasty leaf tips. But yes point being now you`ve mentioned you were foliar spraying, which can cause more bollox than what its worth so i can`t see why peeps do it if plants looking healthy, but yes back to first picture that defo looks like the residue left behind look you get from foliar spraying as do the bleached dots and mottles on leafage and tbh the toasty leaf tips too if your over doing it. So it all adds up to cause being foliar feeding mukka, it just didn`t cross my mind till you mentioned foliar feeding and Kbag mentioned it.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:11 pm
Gward20 wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:
Your very first picture in the thread i was thinking mold spores or summink like looking at leaves then others looked like bugs as well as some toasty leaf tips. But yes point being now you`ve mentioned you were foliar spraying, which can cause more bollox than what its worth so i can`t see why peeps do it if plants looking healthy, but yes back to first picture that defo looks like the residue left behind look you get from foliar spraying as do the bleached dots and mottles on leafage and tbh the toasty leaf tips too if your over doing it. So it all adds up to cause being foliar feeding mukka, it just didn`t cross my mind till you mentioned foliar feeding and Kbag mentioned it.
I’m hoping it is off foliar feeding mate I can’t see it being pests. I’ve just been there and it looks more like burns on the leaves. I just gave a feed at 1.7ec and collected run off and it was reading at 2.3! I gave each plant 2l of ph’d water and will continue doing so for the next week or so. Foliar feeding can piss of from now on!
2-Scoops (Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Gward20 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:00 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:11 pm
Gward20 wrote:

I’m hoping it is off foliar feeding mate I can’t see it being pests. I’ve just been there and it looks more like burns on the leaves. I just gave a feed at 1.7ec and collected run off and it was reading at 2.3! I gave each plant 2l of ph’d water and will continue doing so for the next week or so. Foliar feeding can piss of from now on!
2.3ec is high but still its hardly kill a plant high, i used to grow plants from start to finnish in flower running at 2.8ec many years ago till realised it was just a waste of £.

Tbh i wouldn`t be giving water for a week cus you may start to get underfert symptoms as different ellements of your ferts gets depleted, your run off can still be high but if theirs no N or P in that medium cus plants used it, shit can happen, maybe just give water feeds only for 2 or 3 days but use more water and once run off hits say 1.4ec then start back up on ferts at 1.4 ec, drop it back after stretching is over.

Just a note about flushing say you flush pots back in one go you can then give them a feed straight away at fert strength you need and nothing on plant will get any worse from those ferts you`ve just fed, once pots are flushed back jobs a good en, theirs no need for long drawn out feeding of water for a week which is possibly gonna cause other complications, but yes i understand why peeps do it that way at times cus it can be hard to get rid of daft ammounts of water in one go. Myself if i had similar problems i`d just do it over 2 or 3 days till it was brought back to ec im gonna start feeding at. But yes they in early bloom stretching ? So need more ferts than usual

Theirs really no need to go ever go over 1.4 ec and that`s just for mad stretching for 3 weeks before you drop it back down again or you`ll see run off climbing again in no time as plant gets older and slows down on taking up ferts.

As a matter of interest are you using hard or softwater ?

Cheers
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:23 am)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

So should I give each plant 5 litres of ph’d water for 3 days and then crack on at 1.4 again ? The Ec of the tap water is bouncing between 0.2 and 0.3.
Getting rid of large amounts of water isn’t a problem as he has a run to waste system with the drain end in the toilet. The only thing he is struggling with is with his drip system. The pump doesn’t seem to be strong enough as it’s dribbling out the end instead of a nice flow. He cut the stakes off the end and that didn’t seem to do much either. So it would take a long time to give all 12 plants a good amount of water in one go as he will have to mix up about 12 buckets.
I need to try and sort his drip system as he has a 450l flexi tank that would be perfect for this situation. The joys of growing 😂
2-Scoops (Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:20 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Gward20 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm
So should I give each plant 5 litres of ph’d water for 3 days and then crack on at 1.4 again ? The Ec of the tap water is bouncing between 0.2 and 0.3.
Right cool if getting rid of water int a problem just do it one hit, get run off ec right down as much as you possibly can and if with your water is around 0.2 carry then on feeding all in at > water + fert = 1.6ec for first 4 weeks of 12/12 and then drop it back to 1.2 should do you right to chop should that, tis always best to do flush them in one hit if you can and by sounds of it you can.
Getting rid of large amounts of water isn’t a problem as he has a run to waste system with the drain end in the toilet. The only thing he is struggling with is with his drip system. The pump doesn’t seem to be strong enough as it’s dribbling out the end instead of a nice flow. He cut the stakes off the end and that didn’t seem to do much either. So it would take a long time to give all 12 plants a good amount of water in one go as he will have to mix up about 12 buckets.
I need to try and sort his drip system as he has a 450l flexi tank that would be perfect for this situation. The joys of growing 😂
I don`t know mate maybe you need a more powerfull pump to do jobby. Im clueless with that. :)
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:22 am)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm
Gward20 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm
Right cool if getting rid of water int a problem just do it one hit, get run off ec right down as much as possible and if with your water around 0.2 carry on feeding at 1.6 all in water + fert ec for first 4 weeks of 12/12 and then drop it back to 1.2 should do you right to chop should that, tis always berst to do it one hit if you can and by sounds of it you can.
I don`t know mate maybe you need a more powerfull pump to do jobby. Im clueless with that. :)
Thanks for all the help @2-Scoops i really appreciate it mate.
2-Scoops (Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:30 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

kbag wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 pm
Before scrolling down i thought he has been spraying these with the lights on, scrolled down and there was the answer you had said he was spraying them whilst under the 600w HPS. I would also take Jimmy's advice to check the underside of the leaves for mites as a precaution. You can place white paper on the pots and shake the plants often mites will drop on it and its easier to see them.
Awesome Tip. Thanks @kbag

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”