Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Anyone know what this could be ?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Gward20

Re: Anyone know what this could be ?

Post by Gward20 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:45 pm
Yes some of those leaves do look dodgy @Gward20 So if it is overfeeding it`s hardly a problem yet but im not sure if it is tbh, what medium is he using to grow in and ferts used ?
He is using canna coco mixed with charge and dynamyco. They are drinking 2 litres everyday and are bone dry every time it comes to feeding. He is currently feeding them pk 13/14 at 0.25ml and A&B at 2ml.
These users thanked the author Gward20 for the post:
Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:27 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

i agree with 2-scoops. check the underside of the leaves with a loop. the shite is black and any lil light colour dots try study for a lil while see if anything moves
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 4):
2-Scoops (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:19 pm) • Gward20 (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 pm) • MrNice (Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:22 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:27 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

He`s hardly overfeeding at that if he`s getting run off and slinging it down shitter rather than letting em, sit in it, but pk boost is pretty harsh stuff, but even that used @ 0.25ml is hardly nothing although you do get odd dodgey leaf lopoks burnt using it, i always do. But i can see your point looking at odd leaf tip, then i see those spots and to me that`s not looking like overfeeding at moment. I`m just not sure cus it still looks buggy in some pics and even the first picture i thought mold of some sort when i first saw it, that`s where my heads at. Can you get your hands on ec pen and check run off and its high drop fert strength and if not just flush pots through anyhow, but that won`t tell you if it is that but it won`t hurt anything to do it. Tbh i can`t see why it would be overferting with that amount of ferts he`s using with those big plants. Maybe they`re picky fookers.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:30 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:14 pm
He`s hardly overfeeding at that if he`s getting run off and slinging it down shitter rather than letting em, sit in it, but pk boost is pretty harsh stuff, but even that used @ 0.25ml is hardly nothing although you do get odd dodgey leaf lopoks burnt using it, i always do. But i can see your point looking at odd leaf tip, then i see those spots and to me that`s not looking like overfeeding at moment. I`m just not sure cus it still looks buggy in some pics and even the first picture i thought mold of some sort when i first saw it, that`s where my heads at. Can you get your hands on ec pen and check run off and its high drop fert strength and if not just flush pots through anyhow, but that won`t tell you if it is that but it won`t hurt anything to do it. Tbh i can`t see why it would be overferting with that amount of ferts he`s using with those big plants. Maybe they`re picky fookers.
I have grew this strain twice now without any complications. He is feeding at ph 5.9-6.0 and Ec 1.6 so I can’t see it being overfeeding. I’m thinking of putting 10L of ph’d water through them tomorrow and just seeing if that does anything. I bought some fly stickers earlier on and gonna see if anything sticks to them. I’m hoping it is just burning from foliar feeding. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks all for the advice 👍
Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:31 am)

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Before scrolling down i thought he has been spraying these with the lights on, scrolled down and there was the answer you had said he was spraying them whilst under the 600w HPS. I would also take Jimmy's advice to check the underside of the leaves for mites as a precaution. You can place white paper on the pots and shake the plants often mites will drop on it and its easier to see them.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 4):
Gward20 (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:30 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm) • MrNice (Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:23 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:32 am)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

GMO wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:10 pm
i agree with 2-scoops. check the underside of the leaves with a loop. the shite is black and any lil light colour dots try study for a lil while see if anything moves
I already have mate and couldn’t find anything. When he flipped them to flower he stripped about 70-80% of leaves and branches as he is aiming for head buds only. Maybe the heavy defol could be the issue ? But then again I butchered mine to death on day 1 flower and never had a problem.
GMO (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:43 pm)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

kbag wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 pm
Before scrolling down i thought he has been spraying these with the lights on, scrolled down and there was the answer you had said he was spraying them whilst under the 600w HPS. I would also take Jimmy's advice to check the underside of the leaves for mites as a precaution. You can place white paper on the pots and shake the plants often mites will drop on it and its easier to see them.
Good idea mate I will give that a try tomorrow. This optic foliar shite says on the bottle “can be sprayed with lights on” but I’m not gonna do it again
These users thanked the author Gward20 for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm) • GMO (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:43 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:34 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Yes i`ll go with what Kbag said after reading your last post Gward.

Dropping fert strength to 1.6 to around 1.0-1.2 after 4 or 5 weeks on 12/12 won`t hurt and prevent salt build up, but 1.6ec for stage they are at stretching like mad isn`t high, but yes i suppose it`s worth checking run off too int it before slinging lots of water through pots, cus then you`ll get your answer as to whether you are or aren`t overfeeding.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
GMO (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:43 pm) • Gward20 (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 pm)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm

Dropping fert strength to 1.6 to around 1.0-1.2 after 4 or 5 weeks on 12/12 won`t hurt and prevent salt build up, but 1.6ec for stage they are at stretching like mad isn`t high, but yes i suppose it`s worth checking run off too int it before slinging lots of water through pots, cus then you`ll get your answer as to whether you are or aren`t overfeeding.
Thanks @2-Scoops I will keep everyone dated. I will go and feed them tomorrow at a lower Ec and collect the run off of a few plants and test it
These users thanked the author Gward20 for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:47 pm) • Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:35 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Gward20 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm

Thanks @2-Scoops I will keep everyone dated. I will go and feed them tomorrow at a lower Ec and collect the run off of a few plants and test it
Use same strength you`ve been using for a true`R reading mate, at end of shift as said 1.6 int high for stage they are at as you know they are walloping ferts down atmo for 3 to 4 weeks on 12/12.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:35 am)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”