Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

upper growth problem

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
frankthirtyspears

upper growth problem

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Hi guys, i'm having difficulties with the diagnosis of my Bubble Kush, she had a bit of overfeeding (nitrogen) and i've stopped feeding her completely by almost 2 weeks since from what the seedbank said she should be ready in about a week or so. Now i'm not understanding if the yellowing i've been noticing on the upper part is normal (or due to the past nute burn) or it's something else i should worry about.
Here i post 2 photos, if more are needed please tell me. Thanks as usual :)

Donkey222
Has thanked: 0

Re: upper growth problem

Post by Donkey222 »

The tips I would say were from nute burn nothing to worry about now and the overall colour looks about right if you've stopped feeding it as the plants using up its remaining stocks, have you checked the trichomes using a luope I find that the best way to tell when its harvest time , the pistals still look like they could go longer

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Donkey222 for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

they look like deficient tips to me bud. probably cos ya not feeding the plants moving all the mobile stuff outta the older bits
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Just a note about overfeeding, so once you`ve noticed this happening, it`s as simple as running pots through with x2 or x3 their size in water only and then starting ferts back up at lower doses.

In coco you flush pots right back then start feeding straight away or next feed time.

In water you change your rezz out for a lighter EC and bingo your medium is flushed right back to brand new, i don`t know why peeps put them on water only tbh, they`re asking for under-ferting troubles imo .

In soil just flush pot`s right back and let them dry out a few or more days before firing back up on a lower dose ferts.

8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 4):
frankthirtyspears (Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm) • seymore_budz (Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:22 pm) • IMO (Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:25 am) • Elijah Growz (Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:32 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

frankthirtyspears

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Under these circumstances given the nutes are organic should i add some of them back or not?

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

Do you have red stems ? The top 2 leaves seem to and while hard to see in pic it looks like some lower stems may as well. what ph are you feeding at?
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:02 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

They not far off done maybe a week to ten days and im sure they`ll get that far on water only now. Maybe sling into your tank some simple sugar like dextrose/glucose for an instant readily available carb type boost, you could even use some sucrose (white table sugar ) which is fructose (added taste) x glucose (simplist form of sugar and an ideal instant carb boost) basically fructose x glucose = sucrose or white table sugar. 1 t-spoon per liter sounds about right, myself if im using it i go with a mix of dextrose and sucrose or one of those whichever is at hand, it depends what ive got, but usually i have plenty of dextrose in the type bodybuilders or those gym types use for an instant boost. It has to be simple carbs at this point and not complex carbs like molasses:) .
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:36 pm)

Terp_Pharmer

Post by Terp_Pharmer »

A little tip burn can happen when you overfeeding nutrients or also when you have nutrient dense media and the plants get a little too dry. I wouldn't worry about. If you are that close to harvest just enjoy the fade =)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Terp_Pharmer for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:41 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”