Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Humidity problems (?)

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
frankthirtyspears

Humidity problems (?)

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Hi guys, my lady is at 38 d/o and in the second week of flowering (it's a bubble kush auto from rqs so it should be done in around 3/4 weeks or so i guess). Yesterday i was checking the buds to see how they were going and i noticed that there were a couple of them showing some brownish and shriveled hairs than the rest (you can see what i'm talking about in the photos). Is it a problem? I ask it because i've been having some issues at keeping the rh in check and it's about 50-55% during day with 26-28 °C. I would like to be sure that it's not the beginning of bud rot or some disaster like that so i prefer to ask quickly in order to avoid damage. I also bought a small dehumidifier from amazon but it doesn't seem to reduce the humidity at all so i guess i'm going to give it back. The area is well ventilated from an oscillating but if anyone has a way to reduce humidity without spending too much it would be great. Thanks as usual :)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Wizard
Respected Member

Re: Humidity problems (?)

Post by Wizard »

50 to 55 rh is fine in flower imo ,, the hairs will turn color as flowers mature, doent look like any rot to me
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:57 pm)
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I can`t see why it would be budrot at this stage especially running with rh your at, usually big mofo buds that you seeing rot on not little pom pom things early on.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:57 pm) • Wizard (Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:26 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Your RH is okay, nothing to worry about. There is only that much you can do sometimes.For a dehumidifier to work properly it must be rated at least 10L per 24 hrs. The small ones won't help much. The hairs can turn brown very early - nothing to worry about. It could be number of factors but sometimes it's just genetics. Keep doing what are you doing and look well after the lady and she will finish nicely. Get plenty of air movement in there!
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:35 am)

frankthirtyspears

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Actually i checked again today and all the calyx's pistils are completely brown and dry but of the normal bud hairs only a few have started becoming yellow/brown. Now i'm at 3 and a half weeks of flowering and at 42 days. Technically this strain should be ready in about 7/8 weeks (at least from what rqs said) so i'm starting to cut off all the nutes (she had a very mild nutrient burn with only 3/4 leaves' tips showing a small burn). So it is normal for the pistils to have become dry this quick?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

hey buddy,

Calyx pistils will brown off and die back as you progress. The odd one or two ain't a problem but keep an eye out for male flowers at this stage.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:09 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”