Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Help me please!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Help me please!

Post by seymore_budz »

So, taking an educated guess with ALL the information provided, I'm going to say it was the silicon. If you see clouds, mix everything again. Or even better, don't bother with the silicon :) Now I need to hide from all the silicon lovers :lol:
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

Haha bulls is coming for you. I do like silicon but it’s a pain in the ass to mix it as it always makes my mix go cloudy. I think I may drop the silicon and rhizotonic and just feed A&B from now on. Also the dosidos x gelato plants seem to like a higher ec in veg as I found out last run. What would you suggest my Ec be at now ? Last feed it was 1.3 but I may up it to 1.6

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

They don't look hungry so don't change the EC yet. And don't drop the rhizotonic either. There's a reason why many nutrient suppliers don't have a silicon product in their range.

There are alternatives like amino treatment from House and Garden and Buddahs tree that use monosilicic acid and not potassium silicate. Monosilicic acid won't change the PH and solves the precipitation issue and is "apparently" more accessible to the plant but there's no evidence for the later.

Good luck buddy :strong:

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

grumpygrower wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:46 am
They don't look hungry so don't change the EC yet. And don't drop the rhizotonic either. There's a reason why many nutrient suppliers don't have a silicon product in their range.

There are alternatives like amino treatment from House and Garden and Buddahs tree that use monosilicic acid and not potassium silicate. Monosilicic acid won't change the PH and solves the precipitation issue and is "apparently" more accessible to the plant but there's no evidence for the later.

Good luck buddy :strong:
Thanks for everything gg you have been big help mate 👍👍

Post by Guest »

TommyT wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm
I'm just throwing this out there. I'm not sure. You decide.
I had very similar spotted leaves. Mine turned out to be magnesium deficiency or lockout from my soil being too hot.
I was growing in soil.
I ended up mixing ½ of my soil with ½ coco coir. That fixed my issues for my later grows.

This is what it started like:

Then a week later it looked like this:
isn't this heat stress too from the clawing?

Maybe just locked out from stress?
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:57 am
TommyT wrote:
I had very similar spotted leaves. Mine turned out to be magnesium deficiency or lockout from my soil being too hot.
I was growing in soil.
I ended up mixing ½ of my soil with ½ coco coir. That fixed my issues for my later grows.

Heat stress would be curling up not clawing. Clawing is normally overwatering or excessive N. The trouble is very rarely you get just one symptom as things have a knock-on effect and you will see a mix of issues.

IMO, he has a couple of issues showing here. Firstly the mg def but those leaves in the background look like Iron deficiency. But what you have to bear in mind is 9/10 a deficiency isn't lack of that element and normally something else affecting the uptake of those elements. Every case is different and that's what makes diagnosis so difficult.

Post by Guest »

grumpygrower wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:06 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:57 am
TommyT wrote:
I was growing in soil.

Heat stress would be curling up not clawing. Clawing is normally overwatering or excessive N. The trouble is very rarely you get just one symptom as things have a knock-on effect and you will see a mix of issues.

IMO, he has a couple of issues showing here. Firstly the mg def but those leaves in the background look like Iron deficiency. But what you have to bear in mind is 9/10 a deficiency isn't lack of that element and normally something else affecting the uptake of those elements. Every case is different and that's what makes diagnosis so difficult.
Oh right cool. I remember it being clawing, so that has tested my knowledge already. Thanks GG. I have some yellowing of leaves and thought this be Nitrogen def so its good to know what excess is too.

Basic lock out then?

Maybe some trichoderma and michorizea would help?

Hope you all sort those issues out anyway.

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

I don't have time to put down a proper well laid out response here, but I want to get something down so you know what to do.
This is a string of issues that feed into each other. I am confident if you dump your res, or let it run dry, and remix up your nutrients in this order, Silica in first (mix well, waiting won't help unless the water is moving), then add Cal Mg (trust me, add Cal MG), then your base nutes (A and B) then any additives if you are using them. If you are in coco PH to 5.8 to 6.0 in soil, go with 6.4-6.7.

Keep an eye on them, the damaged leaves may never change, but keep looking at all the new growth and judge by them the health of your plant. I will try and get back on later after the GML show and update some of the why behind all this.

If you have the silica continue to use it. Stop using the optic foliar for now, it's not that I think that it was the cause, but I like to eliminate as many variables as I can for now. #growerslove

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

Spartangrown wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:18 am
I don't have time to put down a proper well laid out response here, but I want to get something down so you know what to do.
This is a string of issues that feed into each other. I am confident if you dump your res, or let it run dry, and remix up your nutrients in this order, Silica in first (mix well, waiting won't help unless the water is moving), then add Cal Mg (trust me, add Cal MG), then your base nutes (A and B) then any additives if you are using them. If you are in coco PH to 5.8 to 6.0 in soil, go with 6.4-6.7.

Keep an eye on them, the damaged leaves may never change, but keep looking at all the new growth and judge by them the health of your plant. I will try and get back on later after the GML show and update some of the why behind all this.

If you have the silica continue to use it. Stop using the optic foliar for now, it's not that I think that it was the cause, but I like to eliminate as many variables as I can for now. #growerslove
Thanks for the help mate. I gave the plants a new feed today of (10L mix) 15ml A, 15ml B, 20ML rhizo & 5ml amino treatment. Ec 1.3 PH 5.7. Fingers crossed they get better.

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

Gward20 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:30 am

Thanks for the help mate. I gave the plants a new feed today of (10L mix) 15ml A, 15ml B, 20ML rhizo & 5ml amino treatment. Ec 1.3 PH 5.7. Fingers crossed they get better.
Perfect! Keep that up for a while, things should improve. I would still use the Silica and the cal mag if you are in coco, almost a must if you are using RO or distilled water on the cal mag.

Happy to help, I want to see those girls happy!

#growerslove

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”