Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Help me please!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: Help me please!

Post by Josh »

grumpygrower wrote:
Spartangrown wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:59 am
I have and still use optic foliar overgrow with the lights ON and have never had a problem. That's under DE HPS, CMH, and several different LEDs and have never had an issue with it doing anything to the leaves. The reason you can spray this product with the lights on is because it dissolves the waxy layer of your leaf an penetrates into the leaf, you won't have water sitting on your leaves for long periods.

Is it on only one leaf or multiple?
Very interesting information Spartan! There are a few photos in the original post. The sporadic damage makes me still think it's spraying or bugs.

How does transport work if you don't mind me asking? I've read several different things online this morning? I know nonylphenol ethoxylates will break down the waxy cuticle but that's not unique to this product and I think most non-ionic wetting agents will do the same? The other two things I've read is transport aids the transportation into the mesophyll layer but the mode of action is unclear and the final thing was it opens up stomata to improve uptake.

I'm just skeptical of anything in the hydroponics market that release these products, claiming big things but with no actual explanation around how it works. When I read big claims like this I immediately default to skepticism :)
If GH made it you'd have a gallon on standby

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
Minty (Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:12 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Josh wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:55 am
grumpygrower wrote:
Spartangrown wrote:
I have and still use optic foliar overgrow with the lights ON and have never had a problem. That's under DE HPS, CMH, and several different LEDs and have never had an issue with it doing anything to the leaves. The reason you can spray this product with the lights on is because it dissolves the waxy layer of your leaf an penetrates into the leaf, you won't have water sitting on your leaves for long periods.

Very interesting information Spartan! There are a few photos in the original post. The sporadic damage makes me still think it's spraying or bugs.

How does transport work if you don't mind me asking? I've read several different things online this morning? I know nonylphenol ethoxylates will break down the waxy cuticle but that's not unique to this product and I think most non-ionic wetting agents will do the same? The other two things I've read is transport aids the transportation into the mesophyll layer but the mode of action is unclear and the final thing was it opens up stomata to improve uptake.

I'm just skeptical of anything in the hydroponics market that release these products, claiming big things but with no actual explanation around how it works. When I read big claims like this I immediately default to skepticism :)

Hahaha I only use one GHE product! And I ran out and bought that hippy shit you suggested too so I'm not that hard to sway! Just give me something to understand how it works and I'm happy.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

grumpygrower wrote:
Josh wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:55 am
grumpygrower wrote: Very interesting information Spartan! There are a few photos in the original post. The sporadic damage makes me still think it's spraying or bugs.

Hahaha I only use one GHE product! And I ran out and bought that hippy shit you suggested too so I'm not that hard to sway! Just give me something to understand how it works and I'm happy.
I hear ya man, if we never tried anything different this hobby would be boring as hell

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
Minty (Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:13 am)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

Spartangrown wrote:

Hi Spartan, thanks for the knowledge mate. It has happened to 2 leaves on the one plant and it looks like the plant next to it has a very minor case of it coming on. Not as much as the plant in the photos tho

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:08 am
Looks like spider mite damage to me dude.

If you can't find any on the underside of the leaves though... :idn:

Edit - scratch that... zooming in on the pics looks like she's eating herself.

It's a deficiency of something.
Thanks mate would much rather it be a deficiency that mites!
These users thanked the author Gward20 for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:21 am) • Minty (Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:13 am)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

Does anyone have any advice on going forward ? What should I be doing ? Keep feeding as I am or try and treat a deficiency?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Gward20 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:47 am
Does anyone have any advice on going forward ? What should I be doing ? Keep feeding as I am or try and treat a deficiency?
Sorry Gward20, this must be very confusing for yourself as it looks like everyone has different opinions. I'm sticking to my original diagnosis but I'll reserve the right to change my mind pending Spartangrown's reply. I mean it could be a deficiency but it doesn't fit or look like one to me. Tell us a bit more about your feeding schedule please. That may highlight something. It's always best to provide as much information as possible when asking for help with these edge case problems.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Minty (Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:14 am)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

grumpygrower wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:18 pm
Gward20 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:47 am
Sorry Gward20, this must be very confusing for yourself as it looks like everyone has different opinions. I'm sticking to my original diagnosis but I'll reserve the right to change my mind pending Spartangrown's reply. I mean it could be a deficiency but it doesn't fit or look like one to me. Tell us a bit more about your feeding schedule please. That may highlight something. It's always best to provide as much information as possible when asking for help with these edge case problems.
I appreciate everyone’s opinion mate it’s nice to know everyone’s thought on this. I mixed up a 30L flexi tank with 40ml A 40mlB 15ml silicon and 60ml rhizotonic. I leave it in the flexi tank with a air stone in and water as needed. I think I may have watered a little too much as each day I went to check on them the coco was still moist but I gave a feed anyway. I looked on the internet and seen that light burn can you leave with purple stems and that’s what mine are doing at the moment. My next feed will be jus A&B maybe a bit of rhizo. Thanks for taking the time to help mate I appreciate it 👊
These users thanked the author Gward20 for the post:
Minty (Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:15 am)

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

50L flexi tank I meant filled upto 40L

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

grumpygrower wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:44 am

https://www.facebook.com/OpticFoliar/vi ... 322315234/

The above link is the best info I could find on the product as far as what is actually in it, obviously they aren't really giving us all the secrets, but you can start connecting some dots. For example, they include amino acids, which helps the plants uptake calcium, which helps build stronger plants and helps ward off some PM. So they don't get right out and say how, but they just say, helps with PM. In the video, they allude to some "pathway" that is exploited to get absorption into the mesophyll layer.

It is good to be skeptical. I just got a free sample, used it, and liked it.

Also, I wanted to point out that the overgrow product that was sprayed is a few products all in one, it includes Transport, Rev, and Watts. Far cheaper if you buy the 3 concentrates separately and mix yourself, over buying the ready to use overgrow.

#growerslove
These users thanked the author Spartangrown for the post (total 3):
Gward20 (Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:46 am) • Minty (Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:57 am) • seymore_budz (Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:43 am)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”