Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Dex need your input

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Keeno
Site Admin

Dex need your input

Post by Keeno »

Howdy Dex,

i remember you saying about adding epsom salts to feed. something ive never done, i always foliar feed to load up. What ratios do m you use and does it have the same effect in flower as the foliar feed in late veg and early flower, to make more available to the plants at root level.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Minty (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:08 am)

IMO
Known User

Re: Dex need your input

Post by IMO »

One question that was on my mind thanks Keeno watching with interest 👍
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 pm) • Minty (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:08 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

i load up with foliar feed of epsom with a calmg feed in feed, but someone in late flower its not possible.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Minty (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:08 am) • Joker59 (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:44 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

with a higher background i got a lot in there already, but momma who has same background has very little calcium. Omina by Raw is really good as this but not cheap and a fooker to store.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

I cant give you the explanation but i always used 1 tablespoon per gallon if i planned to use more than once a month. Of course i grow in soil so... In hydro id be mindful of ph
These users thanked the author camkush for the post:
Minty (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 am)
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I must relisten to I think it was the last dank tapes when a you explained what you did re calmag loading it made sense to me but I didn’t make notes so I need to relisten and take notes. I’ve not had to really deal with those issues in soil so it’s something I’m going to have to watch when I move to coco
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hey keeno, I'm using gh flora series which is 3 part. I noticed that the micro has plenty of calcium, but no magnesium

So instead of using their cal/mag product that contains hardly any mag, I opted to go with 1 gram of epsom per gallon added to my reservoir and cut out calcium additives completely

This is my first grow trying this and really liking the results so far. I'm on tap water by the way, 0.3 background

According to my water report there's not much mag available at all, so I'm sure it depends where you live

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 3):
weedabix (Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:16 pm) • Minty (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:08 am) • MommaB (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:54 am)

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

I will feed epsom salts in my feed water for flowering at 1 gram per gallon of water like Josh suggested before me. This is a low rate that could be added to every feed not really a big dose. You can start with that and go up from there if you like. The one thing with Mag is that a high level of it will increase the plants demand for P (phosphorus), and if you go too heavy on the P, you are going to lock out calcium.

What does all that mean? When increasing mag, you may see what looks like a P deficiency and if you over correct that, you will likely start seeing those rust spots from a Calcium deficiency. Just be cautious of that and keep a keen eye out.

Keeno wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:30 pm
with a higher background i got a lot in there already, but momma who has same background has very little calcium. Omina by Raw is really good as this but not cheap and a fooker to store.
I prefer this solution way more if the issue is you wanting to get more calcium in the plants. Omina is just amino acids (actually the same company sells a more refined and cleaner version called Amino Acids) and they are amazing in helping your plants uptake calcium. In fact they can help the plant take up calcium up to 1000 times faster than simple osmosis.

Hope that helps! #growerslove
These users thanked the author Spartangrown for the post (total 3):
Minty (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:08 am) • MommaB (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:54 am) • 2-Scoops (Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:06 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Nice reply Spartan. Given my background was very heavy in certain elements i actually had issue where the larger particles were getting clogged up in my upper layers.On another forum i was displaying both lockout and hunger. This plagued my soil growing for a year or 2, nobody could work it out. The resident guru on that forum had me wash the soil of a 6 week old plant i veg and transplant to coco. The problem persisted, everyone was scratching their heads. It wasnt until a grower who lived 9 miles away from with the same water supply looked in my diary ans recognised the problem. Told me to get straight on omina and yukka and done the job, breaking down the elements and making them more available to the plant.

The reason i asked is point 5 is late flower and is feeding a pretty high feed, i do not believe they are locked out or lacking food. I do believe that whats she is feeding isnt being made available. I load up my plants by feeding 0.5ml calmag on top of my feed 2 weeks before flip amd 3 weeks after along with a foliar feed of Epsom salts to help really absorb it all, this normally lasts through flower with no mag or cal def.Obviously id not recommend she foliar feed anything onto buds in late flower so i though instead if sped 30£ on the omina ive heard Dex i think and now more of you adding it to feed for the same reason. you learn something new every day. Also her feed is at 5.8-6.0, for the late stage of flower ive recommended she start at 6.0 and let it drift to 6.2 maybe even 6.3 while the plants load up again.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
MommaB (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:54 am) • The Aspie Toker (Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 am) • Spartangrown (Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:00 am)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Keeno wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:46 am
Nice reply Spartan. Given my background was very heavy in certain elements i actually had issue where the larger particles were getting clogged up in my upper layers.On another forum i was displaying both lockout and hunger. This plagued my soil growing for a year or 2, nobody could work it out. The resident guru on that forum had me wash the soil of a 6 week old plant i veg and transplant to coco. The problem persisted, everyone was scratching their heads. It wasnt until a grower who lived 9 miles away from with the same water supply looked in my diary ans recognised the problem. Told me to get straight on omina and yukka and done the job, breaking down the elements and making them more available to the plant.

The reason i asked is point 5 is late flower and is feeding a pretty high feed, i do not believe they are locked out or lacking food. I do believe that whats she is feeding isnt being made available. I load up my plants by feeding 0.5ml calmag on top of my feed 2 weeks before flip amd 3 weeks after along with a foliar feed of Epsom salts to help really absorb it all, this normally lasts through flower with no mag or cal def.Obviously id not recommend she foliar feed anything onto buds in late flower so i though instead if sped 30£ on the omina ive heard Dex i think and now more of you adding it to feed for the same reason. you learn something new every day. Also her feed is at 5.8-6.0, for the late stage of flower ive recommended she start at 6.0 and let it drift to 6.2 maybe even 6.3 while the plants load up again.
If I’m having issues with elements not being chelated into an available form I’ll use beneficial bacteria to break it down and obviously try and inoculate with myco at the same time using a good old compost tea :) forgive me if that’s already been suggested, I’m not sure what some of the names you guys brought up are lol hows the EC of her water and does she use a softener?
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm)
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”