Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Root Rot and Heat Stress? Or something ELSE (as well)?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Root Rot and Heat Stress? Or something ELSE (as well)?

Post by Minty »

One of them didn't make it through the water change and root 'trimming' but she was by far the worst:-

Rest In Peace - Queen Seeds Royal Dwarf Auto. I didn't mean to kill you!

She had a harsh up bringing into this cruel world, was neglected due to infrastructure issues (they both spent 3 week in the airing cupboard in hydro pebbles being hand feed), and ultimately died to a failing environment - I wasn't ready, but pushed forward to join the Invisible Sun Comp and glad I did because the mistakes are good lessons.

All totally my fault and due to my in experience with hydroponics, while still developing the automation side, and some really bad timing with the UK's notorious heat waves!

While the chiller did arrive on time, half the order was missing. The Air conditioner has now apparently shipped but I suspect it's in a container, on a slow very large boat from China. But you know, shit happens, and then there was Covid19. Anyway, lessons learnt and we move on.

The other plant, Queen Seeds Easy Bud, has now got worse but going to leave her in there until the supplies arrive or she also dies.

I kinda just want to rework the GRoom anyway and push the two hydro pots to the side where the res comes into the tent, to make room for a couple of Auto Pots for the new grow and to take the tent capacity up to 4 (2x Cocco, 2x RDWC) for a balance. Still not giving up on the RDWC but to be honest I am not good enough for this to be my only grow to get me off street weed.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Minty wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:20 pm
captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:53 pm
imo i`d get on the oxy plus rampantly :oik!: in water its worth its weight in gold. :Stoned:
Appreciated mate, pretty much the same advice from everyone is to get some type of peroxide, the problem I have is that none of the ones mentioned are available on Amazon, and I already have a £30 bottle of 'Pythoff' I ordered 6 days ago that has still not arrived.
get a sack of decent compost a nice 1 part fert,jobs a good un i just potted 6 up in 5 ltr pots follow along ewe wont go far wrong....btw ive got the cooked chicken but i aint needing no stuffing !!!! :oik!: 6 plants 5 ltr pots 3 oz each suits me. :oik!: good luck whatever ewe choose bach. :Stoned: oh btw growing yourself a smoke aint rocket science see imho. :idn:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Minty (Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:37 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 pm
One of them didn't make it through the water change and root 'trimming' but she was by far the worst:-

Rest In Peace - Queen Seeds Royal Dwarf Auto. I didn't mean to kill you!

She had a harsh up bringing into this cruel world, was neglected due to infrastructure issues (they both spent 3 week in the airing cupboard in hydro pebbles being hand feed), and ultimately died to a failing environment - I wasn't ready, but pushed forward to join the Invisible Sun Comp and glad I did because the mistakes are good lessons.

All totally my fault and due to my in experience with hydroponics, while still developing the automation side, and some really bad timing with the UK's notorious heat waves!

While the chiller did arrive on time, half the order was missing. The Air conditioner has now apparently shipped but I suspect it's in a container, on a slow very large boat from China. But you know, shit happens, and then there was Covid19. Anyway, lessons learnt and we move on.

The other plant, Queen Seeds Easy Bud, has now got worse but going to leave her in there until the supplies arrive or she also dies.

I kinda just want to rework the GRoom anyway and push the two hydro pots to the side where the res comes into the tent, to make room for a couple of Auto Pots for the new grow and to take the tent capacity up to 4 (2x Cocco, 2x RDWC) for a balance. Still not giving up on the RDWC but to be honest I am not good enough for this to be my only grow to get me off street weed.
wtf did ewe do bach . :Stoned:
Minty (Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

duw duw get a sack of decent mud ffs......... :idn:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Minty (Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 pm) • TTL (Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:25 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

4 pots of dope and 13 weeks that tent would be rammoed :idn: all this faffing about creases me to fuk + back mun....... god bless the establishment :clap:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 3):
Minty (Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:53 pm) • TTL (Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:25 pm) • flip (Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:47 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

here potted up today from half ltr pots into 5 ltr ones.....

within 10 days they will be flipped and give me plenty of smoke :idn: i think rthis hong kong flu has fuked peeps minds....... !!!

then 8 weeks later ill get this kind of shit dripping from me walls.....

yeah yeah i know thats ^^^^ soiless but the mud aint to far behind bach.........trust me ive grown a few..... !! :Stoned:
Minty (Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:51 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:28 pm
get a sack of decent compost a nice 1 part fert,jobs a good un i just potted 6 up in 5 ltr pots follow along ewe wont go far wrong....btw ive got the cooked chicken but i aint needing no stuffing !!!! :oik!: 6 plants 5 ltr pots 3 oz each suits me. :oik!: good luck whatever ewe choose bach. :Stoned: oh btw growing yourself a smoke aint rocket science see imho. :idn:
I'm going to quote you now, because just like the advice I received from Josh, I will be referring back to this post in the future and saying both "Josh was Right" & "Captain was Right".

But I need to learn and part of that is making mistakes mate. That is pretty much the only way I remember that shit is when it was a hard lesson to learn.
captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:32 pm
wtf did ewe do bach
Don't ask mate, not proud, and made a mistake. Let's just say lesson learnt and move on from that one.
captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:33 pm
duw duw get a sack of decent mud ffs.........
Swear to god, within 12 months MAX I will be back to thank you for this advice.

But let me have a play first and help me out if you can.

Thank you Captain mate.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
Captain Beefheart (Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:55 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

ooops my finger slipped / did a wobbly on the keyboard. :idn:

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Minty wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:51 pm
captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:28 pm
I'm going to quote you now, because just like the advice I received from Josh, I will be referring back to this post in the future and saying both "Josh was Right" & "Captain was Right".

But I need to learn and part of that is making mistakes mate. That is pretty much the only way I remember that shit is when it was a hard lesson to learn.
captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:32 pm
wtf did ewe do bach
Don't ask mate, not proud, and made a mistake. Let's just say lesson learnt and move on from that one.
captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:33 pm
duw duw get a sack of decent mud ffs.........
Swear to god, within 12 months MAX I will be back to thank you for this advice.

But let me have a play first and help me out if you can.

Thank you Captain mate.
god bless + good luck with your exams....... :oik!:

Beef

Post by Beef »

Minty... Dont be so hard on yourself with this one.... Cant predict a heatwave like we had and if roots temp rocketed then thats just nature....its all good experience and mistakes you wont in the future!
These users thanked the author Beef for the post:
Minty (Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:24 am)
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man....

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”