Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Root Rot and Heat Stress? Or something ELSE (as well)?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Root Rot and Heat Stress? Or something ELSE (as well)?

Post by Bulls »

I've just not noticed you're constantly running very low pH. Why is that mate?

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Bulls wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:44 am
I've just not noticed you're constantly running very low pH. Why is that mate?
To be honest mate, I used to run it at 6.2 but then read it should be between 5.3 and 5.8 for Hydro and seeing as they were not doing so great at 6.2 and it naturally comes out about 5.5 - 5.7 without adjustment I thought I would see what they did.

No idea what the PH should be to be fair ;o)

Lady_dwc
Has thanked: 0

Post by Lady_dwc »

Minty wrote:OK, Water drained and changed as much as could at this time of night, luckily the drain pumps are quite until the water runs out but they certainly can't drain out every last bit. There are 3 pumps, 1 in each pot and one in the res so they do get most of it but you know.

I cut off the dodgy looking roots but I think that might have been a mistake as they had white roots within all the slime stuff but couldn't arsed with em anymore and cut em for me own science and learning. If the Pythoff had arrived in a sensible time frame I think that would have saved them for sure but now I am just thinking of learning from the mistakes and replacing them. I have enough seeds to not waste the lights and nutrients on these anymore.

refilled with RO water and dosed to the week 5 schedule and not added any PH adjustments yet but and the stats after the water change are:-

Gonna give them a couple of days and then shut it down and move the Hydro to one side to share the tent with some Coco grows. Not giving up on the Hydro just think it might be time to call it quits on these Auto's who are already on week five?

:idn:

If I could create a Forum Vote to see if they live or die, I would...
Get some silver bullet 4 ml. Per 10 litres.. I use it religiously and put a frozen water bottle in your brain to try an get water temp to 19

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Lady_dwc for the post:
Minty (Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:02 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I was always led to believe it`s actually an airbourne disease that attacks showing roots just above ground or the water line when conditions are right , spores and all that shit ?
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Minty (Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:02 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Lady_dwc wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:47 pm
Get some silver bullet 4 ml. Per 10 litres.. I use it religiously and put a frozen water bottle in your brain to try an get water temp to 19
Thank you Lady_dwc.
I have a proper water chiller now so can change the temp, just wasn't sure what it should really be. There is also about a 1℃ difference between what my software says the water temp is compared to the actual temp display on the water chiller. I have set it to 19℃ now but it will probably still show as 20 via the other temp sensor. Out of interest my notes state that 18℃ is the min so would you say that is correct?

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:58 pm
I was always led to believe it`s actually an airbourne disease that attacks showing roots just above ground or the water line when conditions are right , spores and all that shit ?
For me mate it was the water temperature hitting over 30℃ (was up to 37℃ at one point). They had plenty of oxygen but the heat fecked em.

Lady_dwc
Has thanked: 0

Post by Lady_dwc »

Minty wrote:
Lady_dwc wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:47 pm
Thank you Lady_dwc.
I have a proper water chiller now so can change the temp, just wasn't sure what it should really be. There is also about a 1℃ difference between what my software says the water temp is compared to the actual temp display on the water chiller. I have set it to 19℃ now but it will probably still show as 20 via the other temp sensor. Out of interest my notes state that 18℃ is the min so would you say that is correct?
Yeah no lower than 18 I have 3 chillers I run them at 19 I did do 20 but found the kids preferred 19... Silver bullet will last 5 weeks I think it is tho I use it with every res change

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Lady_dwc for the post (total 2):
Point 5 (Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:13 pm) • Minty (Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:43 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

imo i`d get on the oxy plus rampantly :oik!: in water its worth its weight in gold. :Stoned:

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

+ keep the water at 20 ... ph`d at 6 :oik!: is my advice.
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Minty (Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:05 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

captain beefheart wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:53 pm
imo i`d get on the oxy plus rampantly :oik!: in water its worth its weight in gold. :Stoned:
Appreciated mate, pretty much the same advice from everyone is to get some type of peroxide, the problem I have is that none of the ones mentioned are available on Amazon, and I already have a £30 bottle of 'Pythoff' I ordered 6 days ago that has still not arrived.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”