Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Spider mites

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Nastyhabitz_

Spider mites

Post by Nastyhabitz_ »

Afternoon everyone i recently got a clone of friend which is riddled in spidermites. Which have now spread to my other plants. Ive been using a product called dermetec which is killing the mites but not the eggs. Can anyone recommend a product too kill the eggs?
Cheers

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

crzg

Re: Spider mites

Post by crzg »

Neem oil typically will work. Ive been battling them this grow too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Your wanting summink systemic that goes into plant, it doesnt kill eggs but kills mites as they hatch and munch on your plant. Summink like Killermite or Avid (abemectin) will be a one off treatment or anything bug killer with abamectins in it for that matter. They`re nasty stuff are systemic bug killers and should only be used on a vegging plant and not on young small plant or flowering plants. Anything that`s not a systemic bug killer i would think your gonna be fighting mites most of the way possibly right up to chop and you`ll be having to repeat the spraying every 5 or 6 days to keep mites in check.

Pretty sure Harkers Mectin works ok on plants too, im not sure on doses though you`d have to goggle that one, but generally it`s used for mites on pigeons and is systemic.

If you wanting summink less harsh look for summink with pyrethrums in the ingredients, you can pick them up cheap at places like BnQ, but they`re not systemic and treatments will; prolly need repeating 2 or 3 times over say 10 days. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Nastyhabitz_

Post by Nastyhabitz_ »

jimmi2scoops wrote:Your wanting summink systemic that goes into plant, it doesnt kill eggs but kills mites as they hatch and munch on your plant. Summink like Killermite or Avid (abemectin) will be a one off treatment or anything bug killer with abamectins in it for that matter. They`re nasty stuff are systemic bug killers and should only be used on a vegging plant and not on young small plant or flowering plants. Anything that`s not a systemic bug killer i would think your gonna be fighting mites most of the way possibly right up to chop and you`ll be having to repeat the spraying every 5 or 6 days to keep mites in check.

Pretty sure Harkers Mectin works ok on plants too, im not sure on doses though you`d have to goggle that one, but generally it`s used for mites on pigeons and is systemic.

If you wanting summink less harsh look for summink with pyrethrums in the ingredients, you can pick them up cheap at places like BnQ, but they`re not systemic and treatments will; prolly need repeating 2 or 3 times over say 10 days. :)
Thanks mate il look into them . Im currently in veg so i want to get them them sorted before flower time

Nastyhabitz_

Post by Nastyhabitz_ »

crzg wrote:Neem oil typically will work. Ive been battling them this grow too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive used neem in the past and it has always burnt my plants and left a weird waxy shiney coat on them

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”