Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Is this a male?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Autogrower420

Is this a male?

Post by Autogrower420 »

I decided for shits and giggles to grow I seed that I got from a bag of weed and everything is going good buds are forming great so far but I think it’s a male?

Sorry for the bad quality pics I can get better if needed!

Will I throw it out or?

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Is this a male?

Post by GMO »

i think its pretty likely from the pic but if it was me id wait a few more days to be 100% sure

it does have the traditional "crab claw" look your get with male shoots
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Autogrower420

Post by Autogrower420 »

GMO wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:42 pm
i think its pretty likely from the pic but if it was me id wait a few more days to be 100% sure

it does have the traditional "crab claw" look your get with male shoots
First time I’ve dealt with anything male/hermie!

I don’t think it does from what I can see but I’ll be checking everyday from now on!

It’s in a tent with my fem plant, I’ll be the only one smoking it, what is the worst that will happen? Reduced yield/quality? If so I’ll take it out...
These users thanked the author Autogrower420 for the post:
GMO (Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:10 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

its looks like its going to be full male if it is male. you have a good few weeks before its going to be throwing out pollen anyways buddy. dont sweat it too much right now

if it were to seed some of the fems there may be seeds throughout, some say that plants seeded produce less frost but i havent noticed this. yield could be affected but its hard to define cos by weight seeds will add to your end weight but by smoking product youll probably only lose so little ya wouldnt know the difference besides the possible free seeds to grow out at another time

so yeah chill buddy 8-) got a while to work out what ya wanna do

Autogrower420

Post by Autogrower420 »

GMO wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:13 am
its looks like its going to be full male if it is male. you have a good few weeks before its going to be throwing out pollen anyways buddy. dont sweat it too much right now

if it were to seed some of the fems there may be seeds throughout, some say that plants seeded produce less frost but i havent noticed this. yield could be affected but its hard to define cos by weight seeds will add to your end weight but by smoking product youll probably only lose so little ya wouldnt know the difference besides the possible free seeds to grow out at another time

so yeah chill buddy 8-) got a while to work out what ya wanna do
Cheers man! I wouldn’t mind a couple of seeds for the future.. I don’t really care If I lose a little quality/yield cause I’ll be the only one smoking it and it’s the only fem I’m doing for awhile! Critical haze x north thunderfuck! I thought I was running out of time to throw it out or not lol!

Hands down best weed forum I’ve been on so far!
GMO (Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:52 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Looks like a male and if it is a full on male plant left in your room with your other female at worse it will fully seed the fem, well it will do, but if you remove it when you`ve seen one or two pods opened up, that`s if you catch it lucky like that then you`ll just get a shit load of seeds on female and some buddage to smoke too full of crackly seeds popping and at a reduced strength. I don`t your thinking on keeping it inside your room if it`s bud your wanting, but each to their own.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Autogrower420

Post by Autogrower420 »

Cheers for the replys.. I removed the plant in the end to be safe!
2-Scoops (Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:05 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”