Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Bloody white widow

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Goblin

Bloody white widow

Post by Goblin »

Good evening Gr420

Now that I've had my site induction, I'm looking forward to finding out how I can maybe save this covid19 infected white widow. Lol.

I won't waste any time so..

I'll get right on it...

I'll start with the usual stuff.

This Strain is an:
Auto white widow by dope seeds

Medium:
BQ verve + 20% perlite

Feeding programme so far:

It was week 5 where I noticed a slight change of colour in the leaves. This is where I started to introduce nutes. I'm now on week 8 where I've flushed and so far only given the plant 2ml of bloom. Things haven't yet improved as the leaves are continuing to wilt yellow and die. Things did seem to improve @ week 6 although now she is starting to yellow more showing darker blotches. Fuck sake does she need the entire bottle of cal/mag.

Week5:
1ml cal/mag
2ml bio grow per litre
Water
1ml cal/mag per litre.

Week6:
Water
2ml bio bloom + 1ml topmax per. L
Water
2ml bio bloom

Week7:
Water
2ml bio bloom + 1 ml topmax per. L
Water
1ml cal/mag per litre

Week8:
Flush
2ml bio bloom per litre

Plant age:
Day 65

Pot size:
12 litres square

Darkness:
4 hours

Additional heating:
1600w oil radiator. I always feel there should never be additional heating unless it's winter.. My partner was telling me that our nrg bill is sky high. No fcuking wonder. Running an oil rad 24/7 because the led boards generate little heat is an issue. This will be my next thread as I need a new light.

Lights on temp: 27
Lights out temp: 23

Rh lights on 35-40%
Rh lights off 50-60%

Light: Invisible sun 4 X ISH120

Ventilation: 6 inch extraction with
Passive intake

PH /EC aren't measured here.

Currently this light is sat just 2 inches away from the top of the main cola. I know what you're going to say lol.

It's funny because I've seen previous tops almost touch the leds and they didn't show any signs of light burn, tacoing etc. Even at full power the invisible sun ISH120 boards don't seem to bother flowering tops that get 8 inches too close.

Plants acting this way is a new thing for me ever since I upgraded my grow light. But i can't blame invisible sun for that. Maybe if I started doing pH tests and what not this kind of thing could be avoided. But you know after a quick pipe I'm now thinking that i need to come away from 12 litre pots and go back to 8 litre. We'll see

I am getting closer to doing video clips as this whole fciking post has took me almost 4 hours to compile. I keep pausing, getting sidetracked. Agitation is here an so is bloody ang zye etea.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Goblin on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Goblin for the post:
GMO (Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:35 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Bloody white widow

Post by GMO »

Add some grow buddy

sounds like the amount of nitrogen in bloom alone isnt doing the job. id think maybe 2ml grow wouldnt hurt but its very hard to say without pics man
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Glynne420
Respected Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Glynne420 »

By the sounds of it your using Bio-Bizz nutes...
Ok.... i used biobizz nutes for a few grows back in the day and they are a pain in the arse but after 3 grows i kinda got to know them (i would never use them again, they are pretty useless).. dont follow the schedule cos its crap imho. You must add grow to your feed all the way through the grow, just in different amounts depending on how old your plants are... pics would help massivly but if youve just given them a flush i would add 2ml/L of grow to your 2ml/L of bloom next feed to give them a shot of Nitrogen to green them up....or at least stop them eating themselves anymore so they can put a bit of weight on before harvest.... they say 10 weeks to harvest for these but you can probably go to 12 or 13 weeks so you havent really got much time left...
Best thing i can advise is nurse them to finish, get a harvest then invest in Oldtimers Grow, Bloom and PK4/8 for next grow (its cheaper and much much easier to use) or Canna Bio Grow, Bloom and Boost if you can afford it.

2ml Grow + 2ml Bloom...next watering
Then....1ml Grow + 2ml Bloom + 1ml Topmax till final flush...
Thats about the best you can do as i think you are too far through with autos.

I love growing autos but any problems can really affect your yield as you have no time to sort any problems in veg as you know.
Hope this helps mate...
Do you ever grow photo's or only autos?

P.s.... do not PH your feed... its not needed in soil and will just cause you problems.

Dex
Known User

Post by Dex »

Not sure on the nutes you use but you mentioned led and to me the great typo and plant bleacher sounds like Light is too close buddy led light burn looks like cal mag deff and at same time very bad hunger issues

Every time i light burn its the older fan leafs that go first ...

To raise temos in groom using led especially in winter i would change the way you traditionally extract air with hps

Instead of drawing cool in from bottom of tent draw it from top and extract thro the bottom it helps me out and seems ti reduce humidity a tad ... im using COB LED but they kick out just the right amount if heat ...

Im no pro on cal mag but i do know from experience if you use too much you can cause a whole bunch of lock outs lol

I would raise the lights a little God knows on your feeds and hope you manage to pull this auto back buddy, i killed a few plants from forgetting to raise lights

Are your lights blurple ? If yes sorry my question is pointless

If no this is not great thing and not sure on type of LED lights you use as ive only ever used chips on board LED.. but there is an android app called lux meter ( has a light bulb of app pic )i use that for reference for my self of when i seen negative results i checked the lux and set a string to the right hight ...

Tho not all plants like the same amount of lights

Hope this helps and hope your ww recovers buddy

Goblin

Post by Goblin »

Thanks everyone.

I totally forgot about posting this. I was too spangled last night.

Hey GMO she's had her 2ml of bio grow. And the pics will follow when I reach that 10 post count. In the meantime I'll arrange for a video because lately I'm starting to get very lazy. Fucking corona virus

@ Glynne.
Thanks for that dude. Yea bio bizz. I was skint an was needing cheap nutes. So I saw a bio bizz sample pack for a 10r. I had read on another forum how the bio bizz stuff wasn't rated anymore. But for 3 x 500ml bottles of grow bloom and tmax I couldn't complain eh. It will be plant magic's old timers bloom next time for sure. Ill need to up the amount of nutes I feed as I'm always totally apprehensive about nutrients. It's probably a case I wonder of me not feeding enough nutrients and that's what is causing this lady to lose her colour and rust.

As for growing photo's. I've only done so once. It was an experiment outdoors that turned out really well and probably had my eyes looking at the best plants I'd grown. And the smoke afterwards was phenomal lol. The strain was kc brains 44 or 45. I remember having to take them off the Scottish hill they were growing on because it was September and they were still in veg, they had the fattest looking stems I'd ever seen on a plant. There were 5 of them. Lol. Ill be sure to switch to photos one day. Autos are just too convenient as I can squeeze in a fair amount of grows in a year.

Yo Dex.

The leds are invisible sun. I'm running 4 x ish120.. I think there're 60watts each. Atm the dimmer is at a position I'd call 70% so not at full power. You know I'm glad you mentioned the light maybe being too close. Because ever since I upgraded to the invisible sun led my yields have increased but so has my problems. It's a light that I still have yet to figure out what the best height is, As I'm surprised the light doesn't show me the light burn symptoms I'm looking for with my grows. But what you said about the fan leaves going first is new to me. And I buy that.

Just strange how 3 weeks ago there were 2 other auto's that were ultra close to the my lights and they shared no similarities with this ww in her current state.

As for the light metre app I think I used that before and it drove me nuts lol.

Thanks everyone and stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”