Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Early sign of a problem?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Early sign of a problem?

Post by 2-Scoops »

integrajosh wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:46 pm
Found some info on oyster shell flour, apparently it is used in place of dolomite lime in some mixes. Says 1 cup per cubic foot as a top dress.
I'll add 2/3 of a cup, water it in, and spray with epsom just before lights on

Thanks again for the quick diagnosis guys you're awesome

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
The ES is more than enough in your foliar spray mix no need for adding other things, you could do the top dress thing or add a bit to your fert regime with the cal/mag cus this will take time to start working properly. The ES spray is more an instant fix and the feeding the organic cal/mag is a slower process, so a few sprays a day for a few days then start feeding cal/mag or top dress the soil with oyster shells should hold it at bay hopefully till chop time.

Ignore spraying at lights out rumbling that`s total bollox imo, it needs spraying early at lights on and just before lights out so plant can take it in through undersides of leaves which are open (stomata) and able to do so when lights on and your plants are awake, in the dark it can`t do that. Only worry you may have is odd scorch on leafs which is no bioggi what so ever. Maybe raise light 12 inches to try to cut the odd scorched leaf effect out then lower again in a day or so after you`ve done plants, but it`s not essential.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I here bat shit (guano) is good for added stickyness and flavour if your mad on organics Josh, summink to do with added terpene production and such like . :)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:46 pm
Found some info on oyster shell flour, apparently it is used in place of dolomite lime in some mixes. Says 1 cup per cubic foot as a top dress.
I'll add 2/3 of a cup, water it in, and spray with epsom just before lights on

Thanks again for the quick diagnosis guys you're awesome

The ES is more than enough in your foliar spray mix no need for adding other things, you could do the top dress thing or add a bit to your fert regime with the cal/mag cus this will take time to start working properly. The ES spray is more an instant fix and the feeding the organic cal/mag is a slower process, so a few sprays a day for a few days then start feeding cal/mag or top dress the soil with oyster shells should hold it at bay hopefully till chop time.

Ignore spraying at lights out rumbling that`s total bollox imo, it needs spraying early at lights on and just before lights out so plant can take it in through undersides of leaves which are open (stomata) and able to do so when lights on and your plants are awake, in the dark it can`t do that. Only worry you may have is odd scorch on leafs which is no bioggi what so ever. Maybe raise light 12 inches to try to cut the odd scorched leaf effect out then lower again in a day or so after you`ve done plants, but it`s not essential.
Ah ok, ya I was just worried about scorching them.
I realize that the epsom is more of a quick fix so I was thinking the top dress might get to the actual root of the problem.

No worries though, I'll spray right when I get home then. Do you think 2 hours after lights on is too late for the open stomatas?? Lights won't go off again until I'm at work tomorrow

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

jimmi2scoops wrote:I here bat shit (guano) is good for added stickyness and flavour if your mad on organics Josh, summink to do with added terpene production and such like . :)
I have crustacean meal. should be the same just lower npk levels, no?

Guano is 9/3/1 I believe and my crust meal is 4/2/1

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

You can spray any time at lights on, its hardly gonna kill your plants mate, as said maybe odd scorch mark but again the washing up liquid may help with cutting that down if you can cut it down cus really ive only ever noticed odd pock mark when ive foliar fed before. Iv`e foliar fed many times when lights are on at any time of day it`s just tis cooler at lights on and just before lights out same applies, but no sweat mate yes get on it just don`t spray scorching bulb ;)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

integrajosh wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 pm
jimmi2scoops wrote:I here bat shit (guano) is good for added stickyness and flavour if your mad on organics Josh, summink to do with added terpene production and such like . :)
I have crustacean meal. should be the same just lower npk levels, no?

Guano is 9/3/1 I believe and my crust meal is 4/2/1

Feck knows but i doubt it, i mean im no organic type person in every walk of life from eating Asda lettuce to growing weed. But it was summink i read on another site .

Here`s a read about it https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-ba ... ients-n763

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Not all guano is the same. You get high N guano and high P guano.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

grumpygrower wrote:Not all guano is the same. You get high N guano and high P guano.
I realize that,but jimmi said it added stickiness and flavour
So just wondering if guano has a magical ingredient that does these things??

Because if so, I've missed the ship

For me to get it it's also really expensive, main reason I didn't use it

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

integrajosh wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:12 pm
grumpygrower wrote:Not all guano is the same. You get high N guano and high P guano.

There's no magic as far as I'm aware. Just a great source of nutrients and a few other benefits. I buy the soil with it already mixed in. That way I don't have to do anything. Just feed them water for 6 weeks then start with the plastic bottles. I do use clean water with no chlorine and bacterias to help break it down though. You need to make sure your soil is teaming with good bacteria to get the most out of organics so I'm told.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

grumpygrower wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:12 pm

There's no magic as far as I'm aware. Just a great source of nutrients and a few other benefits. I buy the soil with it already mixed in. That way I don't have to do anything. Just feed them water for 6 weeks then start with the plastic bottles. I do use clean water with no chlorine and bacterias to help break it down though. You need to make sure your soil is teaming with good bacteria to get the most out of organics so I'm told.
Gotcha. I found a worm farmer near me that has pretty good earthworm castings. Hopefully between that and the myco powder/tea my soil life will start to pick up

It's a new mix though, so it might take a grow or two for it to be truly teeming with life I'd imagine

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”