Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Thrips eating my plants.

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Keeno
Site Admin

Thrips eating my plants.

Post by Keeno »

Wassup GR420

In all my years growing the wonderful cannabis plant ive never had pest issues. This being my first full summer in a out building i should have suspected something to pop up and therefore been prepared for it. GMO noticed some damage in my diary to some leaves, he told be to get the loupe out, so i did....

Having never dealt with them i turned to gmo as he had noticed them, so if this dont work and he suddenly disappears he is banned :lol:.

Ive ordered the following 2 products along with enough of the yellow sticky fly paper to cover wembley twice:

Pyrethrum 5 EC

"Naturally occurring Pyrethrins are insecticides deriving from dried Chrysanthemum flowers that have been trusted through the ages for fast and effective pest control. Pyrethrum 5 EC finally gives indoor gardeners a safe way to harness the power of Pyrethrins whether youre growing edible or non-edible plants!

Just one of several exciting products to come from Agropharm, a leading name in professional pest control, Pyrethrum 5 EC targets an impressive array of insects including Aphids, Blackfly, Greenfly, Whitefly, Thrips and Spider Mites. By blanket spraying your plants with a solution made up from this concentrate, all unwanted visitors will quickly be destroyed and pleasingly no toxic residuals are left over in the aftermath! At a dilution rate of 4ml per 1 litre of water, this 100% natural foliar application offers tremendous value whether you select the 250mls or 1 litre size and also proves suitable for organics!"

Hotshot no pest strips

"Keep bugs where they belong: out of your home. The Hot Shot unscented hanging insect repellent kills flying and crawling insects with a penetrating, odorless vapor. Just hang or stand the strip up in attics, garages, storage areas and other spaces, including boats, RVs and cabins (when not in use).
Clean, Odorless Insect Protection
Kill flying and crawling bugs in attics, garages, storage spaces, boats, RVs, and cabins with Hot Shot No-Pest Strip. This hanging insect repellent uses advanced controlled-release technology to slowly diffuse a deep, penetrating vapor throughout the enclosed treatment space for up to four months. Its clean, odorless vapor is evenly distributed, killing both visible and hidden insects on contact and preventing new insect infestations. Because it continuously emits vapor, Hot Shot No-Pest Strip is designed to be used in areas occupied by people less than four hours per day, such as garages, attics, or sheds. You can also hang one in your vacation home, cabin, mobile home, or boat while it's not being used."

The hotshot strips are not available in the UK so will take some time to arrive, the EC5 should be here tomorrow. Ill hit the plants with a heavy foliar feed as soon as it arrives and also spray my entire groom down at the same time.

Ill update this thread as i deal with the little shits.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Thrips eating my plants.

Post by Bulls »

Bloody next thing that might happen to you is big mutated spiders smoking your buds :lol:

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Bulls wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:22 pm
Bloody next thing that might happen to you is big mutated spiders smoking your buds :lol:
I'm having some luck eh ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I heard if you drop a fan on your plants it'll kill all pests.
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Viz wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:23 pm
Love the hotshot No pest strip. If you came across a good deal please let me know. I hate having to pay nearly ยฃ15 each.

STEPS ON APPLYING DE TO KILL THRIPS
Clean up any dead plant material on or around plants to prevent other varieties of insects that may cause harm to your plant. In my experience bugs that eat my plants are drawn to the dead plant material. So if you are greenhousing it this year, get your room cleaned and disinfected before you start really growing.
Apply Diatomaceous earth, in a visible fashion, to the entire plant and be sure to focus on tight areas or areas where plant foliage may be folded. Be sure to get the underside of the leaves
Apply a 1 inch think layer of DE on the grounds from the center stem out a few inches past the drip line of the plant. This step is super important to be sure we get any of the dormant nymphs that come to the ground to develop into adults. This action prevents the nymph from becoming an adult, where adults fly to the canopy and lay eggs.
As a prevention you may do this action every 2 weeks in your grow. But during an infestion its best to keep up on the application on a weekly basis.
Be sure to reapply after every rain or watering as DE will get washed away. Just be sure its visible, very important
Repeat steps 1-6 as needed throughout the growing season
Of course Viz, thanks for the info.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 pm
I am known to drop a fan/light or 3 Lordy, I'm yet to experienced it this grow but knowing my luck it wont be long :lol:

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I'd use acid
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Two parts Agent Orange. One part DDT. Works every time.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Candyman
Has thanked: 0

Post by Candyman »

You get a predator called Orius leavigatus they work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gone »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote: โ†‘
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 pm
no he found a better way and thats to drop his entire light on his plants :laugh: :laugh: :barmy: :barmy: :barmy:

Return to โ€œCannabis issues and help sectionโ€