Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Healthy yet slooow

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Pet G

Healthy yet slooow

Post by Pet G »

Been cracking seeds in paper towels..Seedstockers gear..bursting out of their shells in a day..ready to go into which In now regretting..Miracle grow seedling/cutting mix..which has their don't need to feed for a while additives in their.So..they popping up fine and then just stalling..nice and healthy looking up top but I think the fing miracle grow is lacking or weird ..their not burning.Ive flushed through with a good compost/Wormcasting extract trying to change the biology..rid of in my mind toxic salts in the mix.The took the flush well but aren't feeding..waiting for the medium to dry back and hopefully they'll move.tiny atm...got some in there a cookie cross..popped three weeks ago and just sat there just above the ground since???HELp🤪Image
These users thanked the author Pet G for the post (total 3):
duke (Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:30 pm) • fabi420 (Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:45 pm) • camkush (Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:41 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Re: Healthy yet slooow

Post by duke »

hi mg is too hot for the seedling roots and damages the feeding tips it takes time to regrow, and the worst thing you can do is firing more water at it,result is as you are seeing slow growth.
i would expect given time they will recover,are they growing in or outdoors?cold night temps slow recovery as well.
as they do not look like there dying id just soldier on and trust your eyes as your best placed to see,going forward be careful as i think the mg is slow release ferts.good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Herbalist (Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:22 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Pet G

Post by Pet G »

duke wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:39 pm
hi mg is too hot for the seedling roots and damages the feeding tips it takes time to regrow, and the worst thing you can do is firing more water at it,result is as you are seeing slow growth.
i would expect given time they will recover,are they growing in or outdoors?cold night temps slow recovery as well.
as they do not look like there dying id just soldier on and trust your eyes as your best placed to see,going forward be careful as i think the mg is slow release ferts.good luck
Cheers Duke..They get a mix of in and out..small full spec..white LED board indoors and putting them out for a little bit in the morning..temps wise they don't get cold..it's still 80 at night with like 77 Rh..I'm just wanting them to dry out and get enough growth to pot up to some nice soil.Tje auto are just gonna have to root through the bottoms..which I made very easy..melted big holes in the solos..Lets hope.

Pet G

Post by Pet G »

duke wrote:
Sorry Duke..As for root damage..would an aloe or coconut water foliar be of any help? cheers matey
These users thanked the author Pet G for the post:
duke (Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:37 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Pet G wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:14 pm
duke wrote:
Sorry Duke..As for root damage..would an aloe or coconut water foliar be of any help? cheers matey
hi bud,its hard to do much that aids roots recovery in a wet medium esp with slow release types,
a friend by accident bought amended coco coir and fried 56 autos out of the 100 he started with in 10 days! no amount of flushing will reduce there ec and some last 6 weeks for tomatoes and the like.
id not water or feed at all till there either growing new green leaves or not then decide if foliar is a gamble worth taking.
next time just buy a bag of coco and use hydro nutes just the first 3-4 weeks go easy on both water and nutes and you have plane sailing as its you in control not slow release.
good luck

Pet G

Post by Pet G »

duke wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:45 pm
Pet G wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:14 pm
duke wrote:
hi bud,its hard to do much that aids roots recovery in a wet medium esp with slow release types,
a friend by accident bought amended coco coir and fried 56 autos out of the 100 he started with in 10 days! no amount of flushing will reduce there ec and some last 6 weeks for tomatoes and the like.
id not water or feed at all till there either growing new green leaves or not then decide if foliar is a gamble worth taking.
next time just buy a bag of coco and use hydro nutes just the first 3-4 weeks go easy on both water and nutes and you have plane sailing as its you in control not slow release.
good luckCheers Duke.Left them alone...no more burning and moving a bit more...they have few hours in the door way each day...good for the dry back..I'm in Caribbean so temps good.Gonna full some 1/2 gals with a light mix castings lovely compost..areation..I'll wait till I see something out the bottom of the solos..except the couple autos,which I'll just bury the solo. Half way and they can root through.cheers.
duke (Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:39 pm)

Pet G

Post by Pet G »

ImageImageImage inImage@duke I'm seeing progress..bit of Sun and dryback..how they looking to you Duke?When I rehydrate them..their getting light... how would you go about it..amounts wise?cheers.
duke (Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:45 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

they are doing fine and soon you will see roots at the drain holes this is your signal to repot ,keep them nicely moist not too wet.
as much sun as is safe and they will soon speed up,good luck buddy.peace

Pet G

Post by Pet G »

Image@duke still jamming along nicely
These users thanked the author Pet G for the post (total 3):
easy-t (Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:06 pm) • Marcus (Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:33 pm) • duke (Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:15 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

They look fine mate. Personally, I would say they're slow due to light deprivation or maybe lack of fresh air. They look healthy but the leaves are small and the plants look weak at the stems like they just don't have the required energy to grow rapidly. If it was a soil/uptake issue you'd see some damage normally.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Pet G (Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:00 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”