Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Changing light cycles mid flower?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Tictok
Known User

Re: Changing light cycles mid flower?

Post by Tictok »

Many thanks all, some great advice there. I like the 10am-10pm dark as this will still mean I can get in there early morning. It will no doubt throw the rythmn out for a bit but hopefully they will settle into a new one.

Thanks again all.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Keeno (Thu May 04, 2023 9:16 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Tictok wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:23 am
Many thanks all, some great advice there. I like the 10am-10pm dark as this will still mean I can get in there early morning. It will no doubt throw the rythmn out for a bit but hopefully they will settle into a new one.

Thanks again all.
Just a case of keeping a close eye. I've never had a herny from doing it but that doesn't say it can't happen. In my head there is more stress of continued high temps rather that 1 light change and good temps.

The 10 - 10 is a lovely one. Gets all the work out the way early or late, normally when the house, and still gives some play time while avoiding the hottest/coldest parts of the day depending on season.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
duke (Thu May 04, 2023 10:30 am) • Tictok (Fri May 05, 2023 7:37 am)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Keeno wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:20 am
Tictok wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:23 am

Thanks again all.
Just a case of keeping a close eye. I've never had a herny from doing it but that doesn't say it can't happen. In my head there is more stress of continued high temps rather that 1 light change and good temps.

The 10 - 10 is a lovely one. Gets all the work out the way early or late, normally when the house, and still gives some play time while avoiding the hottest/coldest parts of the day depending on season.
Cheers Keeno, especially for the 10-10 time, never thought of that and it will help a load in summer.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Im on team dark also, would probably be ok doing it the other way but why risk it. Either give them an extra bit of darkness or just ride it out till the end and change it then would be my approach.
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Tictok (Sat May 06, 2023 9:45 am)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Science n shit...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... eir%20life.

"Plants can measure time and predict coming change through their endogenous clock entrained to environmental time cues"
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Vador (Fri May 05, 2023 11:01 am) • GMO (Fri May 05, 2023 6:35 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:55 am
Science n shit...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... eir%20life.

"Plants can measure time and predict coming change through their endogenous clock entrained to environmental time cues"
Nice, thanks Marcus. So the article cites an increase in dark cycle will potentially cause a starvation of starch and carbon due to the disruption of that rythmn.

What we don't know is the rate in which cannbis does this, how quickly this returns to normal functioning or the longer term effect on yield/quality.

This needs to be weighed up with the impact of increased temps and their effect on terpine preservation/quality.

So basicslly still down to guesswork and taking a chance.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”