Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Show my Grow & Advice

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
SmokeyJoe

Re: Show my Grow & Advice

Post by SmokeyJoe »

So quick update guys.

Ive ordered me a loupe, should arrive tomorrow.

Also this canooing of the leaves seems to be getting worse, i think as we are getting towards chop time, they are feeling the cold more overnight. I have aoil heater in there but prolly still going quite cold.

I have a thermometer in there but not reset it since day 1, let me check it.

Current 21.3 C
Max 23.6 C
Min 13.2 C

Here is a pic taken just now.

Let me know what ya think.

SmokeyJoe

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

It's not actually that bad and I woundn't worry too much as you close to harvest but you're minimum temps are way too low. I'd try to get them around the 20s mate.The problem on your leafs that you're seeing in my opinion is too much intense light

SmokeyJoe

Post by SmokeyJoe »

Bulls wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:02 pm
It's not actually that bad and I woundn't worry too much as you close to harvest but you're minimum temps are way too low. I'd try to get them around the 20s mate.The problem on your leafs that you're seeing in my opinion is too much intense light
Thanks for looking.

Yeah the lights have been on full the last few weeks.

May be next time not have them as close, they have been around 1ft away, i did increase it a few days ago.

Ya know what tho, if i get through the drying and curing stages and end up with a smokable product ill be a happy chappy and hopefully run 2 is better than run 1.

Cheers again.

Back to my dry and curing research.

SmokeyJoe

Post by SmokeyJoe »

Hey People

Ive been using my loupe to look for the orange trichomes as i beleive im really close to chop now on week 13 from seed.

I have noticed a potential problem though, of my 2 plants one has started growing lots of like new pistols (if thats the right word) on all the buds. The other plany seems ok atm but i thnik it may also be starting to do the same.

Would really appreciate some comments, is this the start of bud rot or something major like that. Here are some pics of the buds.

Affected plant

Now here is the unaffected plant. (or maybe showing signs its going the same way but no where near as bad.

What do you guys think. Im thinking its chop time today.

Thanks as always for looking.

SmokeyJoe

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

could be very early signs of the plant somehow starting to re veg itself could be temps or lights fella what were the trichs like after observing with the loupe and how far into flush are you now pal ?????
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Just had a qucik glace through the thread and the forst thing that jumps out at me is the temp range over 10c apart is not good for these plants and also the range the plants are dropping to gives me real concern 13c is way to low infact its 10c away from the min range you don't really want temps dropping below 23 -20 max especially in flower get a couple of thermostats in there and check them more regularly environment is 50% of this game and needs attention for many successful harvests. i believe this is the cause of the re veg be careful as the plant will lose potency aroma and could possibly start to seed. In all fairness she looks almost there from what i can see, descsion time pal

Cheers

Smokes

SmokeyJoe

Post by SmokeyJoe »

Hey

Last 9 days have been pure water.

I find it pretty darn difficult to use the loupe but when i do get focus, i wasnt really seeing many if any orange trichs, mainly just cloudy, hence the reason why i hadnt quite yet chopped.

SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe

Post by SmokeyJoe »

DJ Smokey wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:14 am
Just had a qucik glace through the thread and the forst thing that jumps out at me is the temp range over 10c apart is not good for these plants and also the range the plants are dropping to gives me real concern 13c is way to low infact its 10c away from the min range you don't really want temps dropping below 23 -20 max especially in flower get a couple of thermostats in there and check them more regularly environment is 50% of this game and needs attention for many successful harvests. i believe this is the cause of the re veg be careful as the plant will lose potency aroma and could possibly start to seed. In all fairness she looks almost there from what i can see, descsion time pal

Cheers

Smokes
Hi Smokes

The temp part on this thread im not sure is 100%.

Reason i say this is previously the thermometer was on the floor and also i dont believe these devices like reset so they only show the lowest and highest ever reading, not necessarily somwthing thats happening every day.

Ive now hung it half way up the tent and temps seem to never drop below 20.

Im thinking chop today, i guess what im looking for from you guys is regarding the new growths and if they will be still good to smoke, or is it just chop, dry, cure and see how it smokes.

Should i trim all those growths off when i tidy them up to dry??

Thanks again guys

SmokeyJoe

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

If there is a stand out reason a bit of problem determination maybe required to see whats causing this issue 20 is prob the lowest you will get away with. The problem here is the reveg could have started a week ago or 2 days ago its hard to tell as i said this can affect taste aroma even potency but the damage doesn't look to bad in this case in all honesty and as long as you got milky trichs your almost there pal chop is your decision and I agree its a case of wait and see now i wouldn't pay attention to trimming the new pistils they will shrink during the drying anyway fella

SmokeyJoe

Post by SmokeyJoe »

OK DJ Smokey, thanks again

Ill check the loupe again but i feel like i should chop before they get any worse.

First ever time so i guess time will tell, ill keep you all updated on progress.

Now where are those gloves :)

SmokeyJoe

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”