Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drooping Leaves on Autos - Please Help!!!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
HowardMarks

Re: Drooping Leaves on Autos - Please Help!!!

Post by HowardMarks »

Keeno wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:08 pm
It's coco so not much thst can't be fixed. Any chance of measuring the ec and pH of run off.

Either way a good flush will sort them imo. Your nutrients are solid and have everything you need. Looks like cold or possibly your ph is put in medium, measuring your run off will confirm if its pH or lock out.
I have just measured the EC and PH run off from the last feed, EC coming out at 0.7 (1.4 going in), PH is 7.1 which seems damn high, going in it is 5.9. So the high PH could be the issue? Few questions but would love to understand how / why the run off PH is so high.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

You want the water temp up around 18c really. In coco even up around 22c is perfect

Also how are you checking the ppfd?

I'd say combo of cold roots from cold watering (ather than room temp) and then compounded by high light levels of the pace they could uptake nutrients

Momma B can vouch

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:12 pm) • HowardMarks (Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:22 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

HowardMarks

Post by HowardMarks »

GMO wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:39 pm
You want the water temp up around 18c really. In coco even up around 22c is perfect

Also how are you checking the ppfd?

I'd say combo of cold roots from cold watering (ather than room temp) and then compounded by high light levels of the pace they could uptake nutrients

Momma B can vouch

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle
Thanks pal. On measuring the PPFD, I'm using the Photone app on my phone, have purchased the additional LED option for a fiver and using the paper made diffuser. Not sure if this is the best way, but saw it recommended by a few others.

The cold roots, seem to make sense. As if I look at the airpot it looks fine, whereas all others are in contact with the saucers which are on the floor. I have some RTA stands arriving soon to manage my run off, hopefully this will help along with warmer feed temp.
These users thanked the author HowardMarks for the post:
GMO (Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:20 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

I'd be inclined to reduce the light till they start to recover and slowly bring it back up once the leaves are looking happy again
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:22 pm) • Hmr81 (Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:40 pm) • HowardMarks (Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:22 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Just had another thought, is your tent on a cement floor? that can some times do similar
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
HowardMarks (Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:11 am)

HowardMarks

Post by HowardMarks »

No the tent is not on a cement floor, it’s actually on a wooden floor in an outhouse that is very well insulated. Ambient temp in the room is 17c even in this weather. Lowest the room ever got was 12c when it was -5c
These users thanked the author HowardMarks for the post:
GMO (Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:50 pm)

MrHash
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by MrHash »

Overwatered/fed imo... Possibly a lockout due to such. But opinions.... You know what they say bout those.

:idn: I'm not in coco. :puff puff:
These users thanked the author MrHash for the post:
HowardMarks (Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:40 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Are they drooping like this all time and looking like this none stop or do they perk back up at lights on and become droopy last 4 or 5 hours and towards end of day ? Cus i find that's just standard practice for full sized weed plants on long lighting hours like 18 or 20 hours on. Fuck knows why but it doesn't seem to effect yield or plants one bit. Tbh you dont really see it happen with photoperiods plants in bloom on 12/12 lighting, but its more noticeable with photoperiod typo plants when they are a fair old size vegging on 18/6 towards end of day. I've never done auto`s but im putting same principals to a large full size auto plant. Basically dont sweat it if this is case.

It doesn't look like underwatering and if your feeding daily why would it be. But it does look a bit like overwatering, but its a fully grown plant in coco so why would it be, i find you can really hammer it down their throats with multiple feeds daily without overwatering a full sized plant growing in coco. Its defo not over or underfeeding cus plants look tip-top on that score and EC is sound too.

Id prolly get fert temps up a little and take note of droopy look and whether its a constant thing or summink like i describe in first paragraph. But if it persists then maybe try them 24hours without a feed and take note of how they are looking and react before and after feeds etc. I'm thinking its a combo of watering too much, cold feed and longer lighting hours.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
HowardMarks (Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:13 am) • GMO (Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:05 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

That light is too much for them. Stick it at the top of the tent at 40-50% and see how they go. Ignore these daft apps, your phone cannot measure PAR or PPFD.

Any reason why you use RO water?
Tap water is fine. No need to add all the stuff you are adding, just tap water and A+B is all they need.

Also no need for humidifier or dehumidifier, save yourself some electric. Keep you internal fans running 24/7 same as your carbon filter and extraction. Also no need for inlet fan, the outlet will draw air in.

Keep it simple and they will flourish.

That isn't a phosphorous issue, I see no deficiencies on them plants apart from a bit of overwatering stress maybe and a tad hungry. Mine look like that after a potting up and a drowning when the roots can;t handle it.
All the stuff you're throwing at them is probably pushing base nutrients away that they are craving.

A+B at Ph6 and 1.2 EC should get them through just fine.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 4):
Rawreefer (Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:03 am) • Herbalist (Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:04 am) • HowardMarks (Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:11 am) • GMO (Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:05 pm)

HowardMarks

Post by HowardMarks »

Hi all, thanks for all your helpful responses, most informative. So I think I've rectified the issue with your help. Yes the plants droop just before lights out and then perk back up again and certainly after a watering, but at the time they were drooping all the time. I think the broken heater had an affect on them which showed up later than expected, I've also dialled in the temperature management in the room and keep it at a min of 20c during lights off, and min of 23c during lights on. Although I have read somewhere that optimum temperature is 24-28c.

Exhaust fan runs 24/7 and the circulation fans only turn off when the temps drop below, 20c but then come back on at 22c. On the RO front, I have a choice of either softened water or RO water, no tap water I'm afraid. The softened water is bad for plants due to the sodium content, so it has to be RO water.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”