Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

AutoPot and the Shed

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
wutang
Known User

Re: AutoPot and the Shed

Post by wutang »

I'm running it without in my system..Still works...I only used it when I noticed bits of salt in my res..then I realised it was me being a fool by overfeeding lol.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Oh wait do you mean air pump? If so I don't use that either. Just a layer of pebbles and the. Straight coco coir

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Just pop the res a couple of inches higher than the auto pot base and fill it when it calls for filling. That valve in them is magic how it can stay shut and give them a dry cycle.

No need to heat or bubble it unless you really want to. The feed sits in the tray and warms in the tent as it works it's way up the plant.

I suppose if it is freezing in your shed the pipe may freeze up? Dunno though. Only issue I can think of you having.

I did ponder these when I ran the autopot... https://autopot.co.uk/all-products/airdome/airdome-kit/
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
wutang (Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:24 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:16 pm
Just pop the res a couple of inches higher than the auto pot base and fill it when it calls for filling. That valve in them is magic how it can stay shut and give them a dry cycle.

No need to heat or bubble it unless you really want to. The feed sits in the tray and warms in the tent as it works it's way up the plant.

I suppose if it is freezing in your shed the pipe may freeze up? Dunno though. Only issue I can think of you having.

I did ponder these when I ran the autopot... https://autopot.co.uk/all-products/airdome/airdome-kit/
I'm only running 2 of the 4 pots in my 1.2x1.5m tent and put the res inside the tent. Seems to keep it around 19c.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Marcus (Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:34 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Thanks lads. I didnt really mean like an air pump, i was thinking of keeping the water moving really. but i guess i dont need to really.

@Marcus you make a good point ref water temp, my current 20ltr container gets left in the shed anyway so perhaps im just over thinking it. I did look at the air dome thingy, but tbh i didnt really get what it was for so thought sod it lol.

I was gonna lag the 47ltr tank with some hot water container insulation to protect it as much as i can anyway, and any exposed pipe i would make sure had some protection.

Would it be ok if the tank is a lot higher than the pot? just thinking of putting it on a shelf outside the tent which would prob be a good 6 inch higher than the pot i think.
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

wutang wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:52 pm
Oh wait do you mean air pump? If so I don't use that either. Just a layer of pebbles and the. Straight coco coir
So pebbles in the pot and then coco? Int he manual it says to use the maric disc in and then coco.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I use marix disk, 1inch layer of clay pebbleS, then coco coir canna Pro plus on top. Some also add perlite or other stuff to aerate it further.
Hmr81 (Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:33 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Cheers mate. Think I'll follow that method
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post:
wutang (Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:43 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Hmr81 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:33 pm
Cheers mate. Think I'll follow that method
It's worked for me on my last grow dude. I'm no expert BTW. I'm on my second autopot run now so making a few tweaks here and there where I messed up before :) happy growing dude.
Hmr81 (Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:19 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”