Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Light has been coming on 15min everyday half way through dark period. What happens now?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Benjic93

Light has been coming on 15min everyday half way through dark period. What happens now?

Post by Benjic93 »

So I've got my plants in week 5/6 of flower. There under 2 LED boards. 1 plant has been flowering so slow, not much pistils for her age and still producing heft amount of leafs. This plant is directly under the light that's been coming on.

I went to test my timer to make sure its in working order and have only just realised a notch is flipped at about 1pm. Now the light are scheduled 4am off 4pm on. I must of knocked it at some point but I don't know how long it's been going on. 3 other plants seem to be well into flower but certainly not a 5 week flower

It's seemed to have cause no herms, but it seems like she's trying to revege. I've rectified the timer but I feel I've wasted 5 weeks of time and electricity.

Do they go back into flower and I have to wait another 8-9 weeks? Are they going to be worth the hassle or be monstrous.

I just don't know. Proper deflating.
ImageImage

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Light has been coming on 15min everyday half way through dark period. What happens now?

Post by GMO »

Ive done this myself mate

the ones that have started to reveg will start the flower cycle all over and your likely to see another 2 weeks of stretch before true flower really kicks back in

Your gonna have to throw out your weeks count and just go by the look of the plants and the trichomes if you choose to carry on with them. i have carried on in the passed and had acceptable yields but i also had other plants and a stock of bud at the time so didnt mind waiting
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Benjic93

Re: Light has been coming on 15min everyday half way through dark period. What happens now?

Post by Benjic93 »

GMO wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:40 pm
Ive done this myself mate

the ones that have started to reveg will start the flower cycle all over and your likely to see another 2 weeks of stretch before true flower really kicks back in

Your gonna have to throw out your weeks count and just go by the look of the plants and the trichomes if you choose to carry on with them. i have carried on in the passed and had acceptable yields but i also had other plants and a stock of bud at the time so didnt mind waiting
Dam, thankyou for the response. Honestly, if these would of stretched another week they'd be hitting the light. I don't think I can afford another 3 weeks lol. Oh man. Can't believe it. Over 3 months gone. There goes the Christmas presents.

By looking at that pic would you say its trying to reveg? I can kind of tell by the leafs on top. The other 3 don't seem as bad but I'm guessing they've been affected.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

She doesnt know what she is doing. it looks like reveg but like she wants to push through

sorry pal

But wait on killing em for another few peoples opinion as maybe someone else thinks otherwise

Benjic93

Post by Benjic93 »

GMO wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:37 pm
She doesnt know what she is doing. it looks like reveg but like she wants to push through

sorry pal

But wait on killing em for another few peoples opinion as maybe someone else thinks otherwise
Yeh it seems shes trying. But its litteraly halted the past week or so and just exploded with leafs.

Youve pretty much verified what I thought would happen. I'm going to give them a few days the other 3 doesn't look like that. They seem more mature with actual bud sites but I'm guessing there probably still going through the re veg process.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Definitely looks like a reveg.

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

bugger starting over at this point id supercrop as much height off the stems as possible so allowing for another stretch period without hitting the light,
my grasslin timer has a flip up plastic cover for just this reason as i too have upset a timer more than once,hence spending rather more than id like but better that than troubles. and as theres reveg the bending and scropping is less likely to severely shock it,good luck
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Oh nooo Benji I’m sorry that’s no fun at all! You can save em tho.. just sucks
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

I'd do what Duke says and give them a good bending here and there.

They'll probably be cracking plants come chop time.

Fingers crossed for a New Year chop maybe???

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

I've had bad plants come out just fine...I'm the king of ugly....

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”