Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

IWS help please

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Ja.Collie

Re: IWS help please

Post by Ja.Collie »

Twisted wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:14 am
Ja.Collie wrote:Could you not flip that setup from flood and drain to Rdwc would make for a much easier grow and less hassle if you ask me mate
Not sure what the difference is? Could u elaborate on why it would be easier?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Gone for a little copy and paste as it’s to early for my brain at the minute hope this helps explain it a little I’ll also post the link to this site so you can have a read you’re self. Feed I would up those feeds to at least 1ml per litre of water for those sizes cuttings mate

In a Recirculating Deep Water Culture system, also known as RDWC and recirculating DWC, the roots of the plants are submerged in a nutrient and oxygen-rich water solution 24/7.

The plant is grown in a net pot that is suspended from the bucket lid and contains suitable media such as clay pebbles. The clay pebbles provide support for the plant as it grows, as well as absorbs the nutrient solution for the plant roots.

As the plant grows, the roots grow and descend into the nutrient and oxygen-rich water solution. The solution is actively circulated via a pump through the buckets connected by pipe to the main reservoir, maintaining an even water level across all buckets.

The nutrient water solution only needs to be added to the central reservoir and all plants receive the recirculated oxygenated nutrient solution continuously.

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Ja.Collie

Post by Ja.Collie »

Twisted

Post by Twisted »

Marcus wrote:
Twisted wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:11 am
0.25ml per litre of the 3 part feed 5ml of katana roots and 2ml of the silver bullet roots.
5ml and 2ml per litre??? and what is the 3 part feed???

Are you hand watering or is the system turned on?

That silver bullet is h2o2 if you're giving them 2ml per L of that ... That will be your issue. The res will only need that adding at res change and then at about 1ml per 10 litres of water. h2o2 (silver bullet) is a bleaching agent for killing bad stuff.

I no nothing of 3 part feeds, but I'd get them on some food. They'd be on straight A+B for me and at about 1 or 1.5ml/L while settling in.
No the silver bullet im feeding 2ml per 10 litres the katana is 5ml per litre I've attached a picture of the 3 part feed im using.

Im hand feeding yes, but the pebbles/coco came so wet its not drying out hardly and I haven't fes much at all probably in the 2 weeks they been in I've watered little bits about 5 times.

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Coco is a hydroponic medium and needs to be wet. You shouldn't be waiting for it to dry out.

You only need the silver bullet in the res when the system is up and running to stop pathogens and root rot.

And I can;t see a word of that feed schedule so still don;t know what nutrients you're using.

I'd just double check ph is correct, double check the ec is where I want it and turn the system on lower the lights and stand back and let it ride. Check daily that the ph is where it needs to be.

They've got roots, they should be ok to be flooded once a day now, 1st thing at lights on.

Apart from that, I dunno.

Twisted

Post by Twisted »

Marcus wrote:Coco is a hydroponic medium and needs to be wet. You shouldn't be waiting for it to dry out.

You only need the silver bullet in the res when the system is up and running to stop pathogens and root rot.

And I can;t see a word of that feed schedule so still don;t know what nutrients you're using.

I'd just double check ph is correct, double check the ec is where I want it and turn the system on lower the lights and stand back and let it ride. Check daily that the ph is where it needs to be.

They've got roots, they should be ok to be flooded once a day now, 1st thing at lights on.

Thank you for your help pal, will get them flooding once a day

I will write the full schedule out for you once I'm home so u can have a check if u don't mind?

Twisted

Post by Twisted »

Marcus wrote:Coco is a hydroponic medium and needs to be wet. You shouldn't be waiting for it to dry out.

Hopefully you can see them a bit better mate.

My mate told me keep ph at 5.5 but I'm reading online needs to be 5.8 or slightly above at start?ImageImageImage

Twisted

Post by Twisted »

Sorry forgot this oneImage

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

What brand of nutrients are you using?

Where does that "schedule" come from? Did the guy who sold you the system invent it?

Yes your ph should be around 5.8-6.
I aim for 6 all through the grow and if it's a bit less one day and a bit more the next, I don;t worry about it.

Twisted

Post by Twisted »

Marcus wrote:What brand of nutrients are you using?

Where does that "schedule" come from? Did the guy who sold you the system invent it?

Yes your ph should be around 5.8-6.
I aim for 6 all through the grow and if it's a bit less one day and a bit more the next, I don;t worry about it.
He says he did invent it so the brand is the one in pic below its a 3 part.

My base ec is 0.1 when I add what he says it goes to 0.5Image

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

https://www.terraaquatica.com/wp-conten ... riPart.pdfImage

The tri part site says...

Grow 1.8ml/L
Micro 1.2ml/L
Bloom 0.6ml/L

I'd listen to the manufacturers and start there.

Probably flood the system every 2 days for the 1st week and then daily once they've started to react to the grub.

Get you lights lowered... you say 2 x 600w hps???
Use the back of your hand at the top of the plants as a guide. If the light feels a little burny on your back of the hand, then it'll feel like that to the plants. Raise it until it feels comfortable to your hand... Then raise it a bit more for luck.

(or dial it back to 250w if there's a dimmer on it).

Get the temps up over 25*C too.

Hopefully the start putting out some new nice green growth.

Fingers crossed and good luck!
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
Twisted (Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:35 am)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”