Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

New grower

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Vador
Known User

Re: New grower

Post by Vador »

Whoa there, id advise you not to do anything just yet.

What makes you think you need dolomite?
That leaf tip looks burnt, have you overdone it on nutrients?
The other leaf possibly necrosis?
Have you been setting your ph in the water/ feed before giving it to the plants?
How many ml/L have you been feeding and how often are you feeding at the moment?
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Jamie182861
Has thanked: 0

Post by Jamie182861 »

Vador wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:31 am
Whoa there, id advise you not to do anything just yet.

What makes you think you need dolomite?
That leaf tip looks burnt, have you overdone it on nutrients?
The other leaf possibly necrosis?
Have you been setting your ph in the water/ feed before giving it to the plants?
How many ml/L have you been feeding and how often are you feeding at the moment?
1ml per litre 10 litres made up my ph was 5.9 that was me searching on net

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:30 pm
Don't want to tread on anyone's toes but...

For my 1st grow, I'd grow it out without fucking about too much, just to see how they grow and to understand the basic life cycle of these plants.

It becomes easier to understand why folks tell you to do stuff like chop their heads off or when to give them more food then.

But that's just my thoughts on what I'd do if it was my 1st grow.

What's the strain(s) of them plants BTW?
Get what your saying but i feel like flowering the soil one with the coco ones will bring lots of problems for him.
By the time the coco ones are big enough to flower the soil one will be huge and out of control.
Ive been trying to encourage him to learn different things and given plenty of keywords to search for so he can go into this with some confidence.

In my eyes he has a couple of viable options that can save him a headache later.
1. train the soil one and keep it low while the coco ones catch up, then when the coco ones are ready flower them all together.
2. Keep the soil one for a mother and keep her seperate while flowering out the coco ones
3. Ditch the coco ones now and take cuts from the mum and get them going straight away to replace the coco ones. Forget coco and stick with soil

Personally if it was me and my 10 week old plants were still this size i would choose option 3, each to their own though. totally get what your saying though and he needs to learn one way or the other but just trying to make life easier on him in the long run.

Theres always more than one way to skin a cat so feedback much appreciated

I can imagine whats its gonna look like in there if he leaves it till the coco ones are ready to flower, thats all that worries me. Those coco ones are going to need at least another month veg.

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

Vador wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:33 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:30 pm
Don't want to tread on anyone's toes but...

For my 1st grow, I'd grow it out without fucking about too much, just to see how they grow and to understand the basic life cycle of these plants.

It becomes easier to understand why folks tell you to do stuff like chop their heads off or when to give them more food then.

But that's just my thoughts on what I'd do if it was my 1st grow.

What's the strain(s) of them plants BTW?
Get what your saying but i feel like flowering the soil one with the coco ones will bring lots of problems for him.
By the time the coco ones are big enough to flower the soil one will be huge and out of control.
Ive been trying to encourage him to learn different things and given plenty of keywords to search for so he can go into this with some confidence.

In my eyes he has a couple of viable options that can save him a headache later.
1. train the soil one and keep it low while the coco ones catch up, then when the coco ones are ready flower them all together.
2. Keep the soil one for a mother and keep her seperate while flowering out the coco ones
3. Ditch the coco ones now and take cuts from the mum and get them going straight away to replace the coco ones. Forget coco and stick with soil

Personally if it was me and my 10 week old plants were still this size i would choose option 3, each to their own though. totally get what your saying though and he needs to learn one way or the other but just trying to make life easier on him in the long run.

Theres always more than one way to skin a cat so feedback much appreciated

I can imagine whats its gonna look like in there if he leaves it till the coco ones are ready to flower, thats all that worries me. Those coco ones are going to need at least another month veg.
Was thinking is coco ones to far gone change them over to soil or Iam too late

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Jamie182861 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:48 pm
Well it is possible to do that but you’ll most likely find it’ll stress the plants and cause them to stop growing for a bit adding more time to your grow.
After this amount of time the roots must have spread through the coco.
Just seems weird that they are going so slow, did you let the coco dry out?

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Hmr81 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:50 pm
why do you need to add silicon?
Summink im very rarely without and it gets used the whole grow except last few weeks when i cut ferts out too. 8-)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Jamie182861 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:29 pm
Ok, and are you still using ‘start’ or have you moved over to a+b now?

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

Vador wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:06 pm
Jamie182861 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:48 pm
Well it is possible to do that but you’ll most likely find it’ll stress the plants and cause them to stop growing for a bit adding more time to your grow.
After this amount of time the roots must have spread through the coco.
Just seems weird that they are going so slow, did you let the coco dry out?
Yeah roots at bottem coco never let it dry out when lights are off go to 20c got oil radiator keep temperature up cold in attic

Jamie182861

Post by Jamie182861 »

Vador wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 pm
Jamie182861 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:29 pm
Ok, and are you still using ‘start’ or have you moved over to a+b now?
Still got one feed left off starter I be finished that

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Jamie182861 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:12 pm
Yeah roots at bottem coco never let it dry out when lights are off go to 20c got oil radiator keep temperature up cold in attic
No dude let the coco dry out like we told you, your not at the stage where they need to be saturated yet, probably only feed once a week at the moment.
That’s probably half the problem why they are going so slow.
Also the temperature in the attic might not be helping, are you ducting air in from a warmer room or just using the cold loft air?

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”