Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Possible calcium or magnesium issue

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Possible calcium or magnesium issue

Post by GMO »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:25 am
GMO wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:10 pm
looks like over watering combined with too much light for the growth stage

900 ppm is roughly 1.8 EC which i think most here would agree is fairly high for the growth stage

Id say reduce everything except temps and get some airflow over the pots to help em dry out
Thank you bro really appreciated, what would recommend in terms of calmag? 0.5ml/L or drop it completely?
Yeah same as Marcus said mate. the nutrient companies put alot of time and work into having a complete balanced nutrient. the only time (alot of people) use calmag is front loading it at flip, usually a foliar at flip and one 2 weeks after to make sure they glide through flower with no issues

:oik!: :harvest:
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Id prolly look at letting the pots really dry out and start feeding back A&B at 2ml a litre which isn't a high dose for those size plants now. Possible cause of this is your roots are or were too wet, cold and soggy. Fix is let the pots really dry out to kick roots back to life and start back feeding 2ml per litre of A&B every 2 to 3 days. 2ml per litre of those ferts i doubt is 1.8ec and more like 1.2ec. But im not totally sure and i cant be arsed to check myself but yes either way 2ml a litre of A&B on its own of those ferts for that size plant isn`t over the top.

Odd leaf in your picture does like a wee bit like calcium def but if it was you would have it all over plant on older leaves and on newer stuff up top of plant more so.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

grownnotflown420

Post by grownnotflown420 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:36 am
grownnotflown420 wrote:
GMO wrote:

900 ppm is roughly 1.8 EC which i think most here would agree is fairly high for the growth stage

Id say reduce everything except temps and get some airflow over the pots to help em dry out
Thank you bro really appreciated, what would recommend in terms of calmag? 0.5ml/L or drop it completely?
Have a look at the back of your A+B bottles for the ingredients... It's full of calcium and magnesium already.

There is no need to add any more.

ImageImage
Thank you sir!!!
--------GrownNotFlown--------

--------Bloody Skunk Auto DWC--------

grownnotflown420

GMO wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:03 am
grownnotflown420 wrote:
GMO wrote:

Yeah same as Marcus said mate. the nutrient companies put alot of time and work into having a complete balanced nutrient. the only time (alot of people) use calmag is front loading it at flip, usually a foliar at flip and one 2 weeks after to make sure they glide through flower with no issues

:oik!: :harvest:
My brother! Appreciate the help, I’ll hold off calmag now then and back off the a&b

grownnotflown420

So I’ve fed today as pots were really light and I was seeing the slightest droop starting
I’ve dropped the calmag entirely and fed at 1.1ec which was about 1.75ml/L my theory here is less is more lol…

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:31 am
So I’ve fed today as pots were really light and I was seeing the slightest droop starting
I’ve dropped the calmag entirely and fed at 1.1ec which was about 1.75ml/L my theory here is less is more lol…

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞
Less is always more brother. This way we learn more. Working with loads of different nutrients and factors just makes it difficult to identify what the issues are. Goodluck with the rest of your grow.

grownnotflown420

They seem to be coming around!!! One of the plants has been swapped out for another pheno of the same strain

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Nice and greeeeen

grownnotflown420

@2-Scoops @Marcus @wutang
Any suggestions on how long I should wait before I flower the bitches?
I’m currently fertigating daily with 2ml/l (700ppm), enough until run off, should I increase this once I flip or leave as is?

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

grownnotflown420 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 pm
@2-Scoops @Marcus @wutang
Any suggestions on how long I should wait before I flower the bitches?
I’m currently fertigating daily with 2ml/l (700ppm), enough until run off, should I increase this once I flip or leave as is?
Up it just before flip (I go to 3ml/L normally) and then keep it there for about 2 weeks after flip (could be 3) all depending on when it stops stretching (sort of), then I drop it back to 2ml/L (ish).

You can just bollock them with grub now they're big enough though and keep it on through flower, just keep an eye on them to check they are happy.

There's no rules, you'll soon find your groove.

I;m a cautious scaredy cat though and prefer the lighter side of feeds.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”