Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

low ph in root zone

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
2xtt

low ph in root zone

Post by 2xtt »

Hello, i groving two strains in 2 wilmas systems and i got problems whit my ph. Now on 12/12 4 weeks and same problem is on both wilmas what ph lvl drops till 5.5-5.6 after day. System watering 4 times by 15mins, every day i rise ph till 6.0-6.2 but after day ph drops down till 5.5-5.6. Thing is what ec is stable, didn't got any problems with plants, they look good, but i don't know how they look if i not rise ph daily. There is 60/40 mix, reused second time. Any advice how to rise root zone ph. Thanks if someone got any working idea in advance

Greenfingers
Known User

Re: low ph in root zone

Post by Greenfingers »

@seymore_budz should be able to help you with this mate. .... :dance:

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

What EC are you running?

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

What are you using to get your ph up?

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

What’s your run off ph reading?? have you tried rising ph to 6.5 to see if that makes a difference as of the compensation, I mean like if you up it to 6.0-6.2 and goes go 5.5-5.6 would 6.5 change it to like 5.8-5.9?
Where the salts go, the water will follow

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

2xtt wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:36 am
Thing is what ec is stable, didn't got any problems with plants, they look good, but i don't know how they look if i not rise ph daily
If plants look good i wouldn`t be too bothered personally speaking, but ph drifting up and down does happen growing in hydro quite often its nothing out of ordinary and its gonna happen more so with a recirculating system like the one your using, its nothing out of the ordinary tbf.

Just go by what plants saying and if it looks good your good to go, just carry on regardless doing as you have been doing, but yes if it looks good your doing summink right cus if ph was way off you would know cus plant would tell you in form of deficiencies. It`s not such a bad thing letting ph drift around a little so long as its in right scale between 5.5 and 6.2 or 6.5 at a push.

Next time you use new or reused clay-balls it might be an idea to buffer them in a calmag mix around 1.2-1.4 ec at ph5.8, basically just soak them overnight and in doing so ph should hold steady wee bit longer. Doing this i also notice plants grow stronger a wee bit faster but i use mainly coco/perlite mix.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

2xtt

Post by 2xtt »

Treetrunk wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:41 am
What EC are you running?
Ec 1.3-1.5

2xtt

Post by 2xtt »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:52 am
What are you using to get your ph up?
Grow technology, ph up

2xtt

Post by 2xtt »

ncrypta.core wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:38 am
What’s your run off ph reading?? have you tried rising ph to 6.5 to see if that makes a difference as of the compensation, I mean like if you up it to 6.0-6.2 and goes go 5.5-5.6 would 6.5 change it to like 5.8-5.9?
I can't measure the run off, as it's wilma system, recirculating, that's the reason why i asking, because the system use same nutrients after run off. If i watering simply i didn't take so much attention to that, but now happens what time to time watering is whit low ph, as should be in 12/12 bit bigger then in veg

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

2xtt wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:35 pm
ncrypta.core wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:38 am
I can't measure the run off, as it's wilma system, recirculating, that's the reason why i asking, because the system use same nutrients after run off. If i watering simply i didn't take so much attention to that, but now happens what time to time watering is whit low ph, as should be in 12/12 bit bigger then in veg
Are you changing the water and feed weekly or just topping it up?

Ph swings are normal, they can play to your advantage. The drop everyday is a pain in the bum, but at least you know it happens and the plants are fine, so I;d just roll with it.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”