Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

1 sad plant out of 8

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
RewisL19

1 sad plant out of 8

Post by RewisL19 »

Hi guys. I’m running 8 Photoperiods in canna coco pro plus (Orange Runtz Cake)

Started these in BioBizz lightmix and potted up to coco 5 days ago.

I’m using Canna coco A/B at 0.8EC and 5.8pH

I’m using my own homemade irrigation drip system and they are all getting the exact amount of feed per day with plenty of run off. Out of the 8 I have 1 plant that doesn’t look too great at the moment, is this a magnesium deficiency?

Here’s the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post (total 3):
Inactive account (Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:42 am) • Jayme Ream (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:09 pm) • Stickylemonz (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:44 pm)

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: 1 sad plant out of 8

Post by kbag »

More than one thing going on here RewisL19 . Have changed the environment ie moved from one tent to another? All of them look hungry to me or need a more consistent feeding regime. I wonder if you under watering whilst they were in the light mix. Also you need to give them time to settle into the coco.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 2):
RewisL19 (Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:15 am) • Jayme Ream (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:09 pm)

RewisL19

Post by RewisL19 »

kbag wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:10 am
More than one thing going on here RewisL19 . Have changed the environment ie moved from one tent to another? All of them look hungry to me or need a more consistent feeding regime. I wonder if you under watering whilst they were in the light mix. Also you need to give them time to settle into the coco.
Thanks for chipping in kbag, I appreciate it.

Yes I have changed the tent/environment from a small prop tent now to this 4x8. They only had 1 light feed in the light mix and now getting fed daily of 0.8ec (background EC is 0.0/0.1) do you think o should just leave them do they’re own thing for a few days and go from there?
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post:
Jayme Ream (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:09 pm)

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

RewisL19 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:17 am
kbag wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:10 am
Thanks for chipping in kbag, I appreciate it.

Yes I have changed the tent/environment from a small prop tent now to this 4x8. They only had 1 light feed in the light mix and now getting fed daily of 0.8ec (background EC is 0.0/0.1) do you think o should just leave them do they’re own thing for a few days and go from there?
Personally that is what i would do give them some time to establish their roots in the coco, adapt to the environment. The plants looked like they were throwing a hissy fit from a change environment tbh why i asked the question.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 2):
RewisL19 (Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:25 am) • Jayme Ream (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:09 pm)

420mFuk

Post by 420mFuk »

Hard to completely diagnose and provide advice with the information given but I will try to help.
RewisL19 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:59 am
is this a magnesium deficiency?
Yes with the evidence being red veins and red main stem in picture 1, however as kbag mentioned there's more going on than just a simple mag def.

Observations I've made.
8 sad plants, it's just one looks worse,others soon will follow.
red pinstripe main stems.
red leaf veins.
serrated leaf edges curling (canoeing) upwards.
bottom leaf sets show calcium def.
generally over watered.
generally underfed.

Id focus here:
serrated leaf edges could be high temps but I suspect your lighting is too intense.
Everything else I've listed above can be solved by changing your EC and watering schedule.

What I would do
Id dim my lights or if you can't then raise them up.
Feed and watering.......Firstly allow the pots to dryback to 50/60% then at this age I would feed the following to 20% runoff. A+B 1.0 EC / tiny amount of epsom salts for extra mag 0.2 EC & finally canna calmag at 0.3 giving me a total 1.5 EC. Bear in mind I use RO water so you might not need the canna calmag.
Now Id leave them alone for 4 days with no further waterings, lift the pots feel weight & if needed repeat the above feed again. It's important to let it root out.
I would keep repeating this (feeling how heavy the pots are etc) until I was feeding everyday then i'd switch on the automation.

==============
like i say its hard to say for sure it could be something else (environmental) but I've gone with what's most likely given what i see in the pictures, I think if you follow this advice your plants will be green in a week.

Let us know how you get on
These users thanked the author 420mFuk for the post (total 3):
Tictok (Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:47 pm) • RewisL19 (Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:31 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:09 pm)
┌∩┐(_)┌∩┐
1ԼƠƔЄ ۞ Ξ√ΩLUT↑☼N
(_̅_̅_̅(̲̲(̅_̅_̲̅м̲̅a̲̅я̲̅i̲̅j­­­­­­­­­­­̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n̲̅a̲̅_̅_̅_­̅­(­)­ڪ­ ­ڪ­ے­~

RewisL19

Post by RewisL19 »

420mFuk wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:02 pm
Hard to completely diagnose and provide advice with the information given but I will try to help.
RewisL19 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:59 am
is this a magnesium deficiency?
Yes with the evidence being red veins and red main stem in picture 1, however as kbag mentioned there's more going on than just a simple mag def.

Observations I've made.
8 sad plants, it's just one looks worse,others soon will follow.
red pinstripe main stems.
red leaf veins.
serrated leaf edges curling (canoeing) upwards.
bottom leaf sets show calcium def.
generally over watered.
generally underfed.

Id focus here:
serrated leaf edges could be high temps but I suspect your lighting is too intense.
Everything else I've listed above can be solved by changing your EC and watering schedule.

What I would do
Id dim my lights or if you can't then raise them up.
Feed and watering.......Firstly allow the pots to dryback to 50/60% then at this age I would feed the following to 20% runoff. A+B 1.0 EC / tiny amount of epsom salts for extra mag 0.2 EC & finally canna calmag at 0.3 giving me a total 1.5 EC. Bear in mind I use RO water so you might not need the canna calmag.
Now Id leave them alone for 4 days with no further waterings, lift the pots feel weight & if needed repeat the above feed again. It's important to let it root out.
I would keep repeating this (feeling how heavy the pots are etc) until I was feeding everyday then i'd switch on the automation.

==============
like i say its hard to say for sure it could be something else (environmental) but I've gone with what's most likely given what i see in the pictures, I think if you follow this advice your plants will be green in a week.

Let us know how you get on
Hi mate, the other 7 plants actually look decent compared to the one in question. There’s a few damaged leaves but they’ve been like that since potting up.

My environment is bang on, well temps could be a little lower but we’re at about 30/31c. I know not ideal but it’s all I can do at the moment.

I have just been to check run off from the feed and the pH coming out is around 6.5 compared to the 5.8/5.9 going in. And EC in is the same as EC out, so from this I believe like you’ve mentioned I’m not feeding enough and they could do with more feed. I have also upped the time for feeding a little to get a big more run off.

Il leave it like this for a few days and update :)
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post:
Jayme Ream (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:10 pm)

RewisL19

Post by RewisL19 »

6 days since my initial post, this plant is looking somewhat better but still the new growth is not great. She’s definitely growing though so that’s a plus I suppose. It all seems to be new growth at the top of the plant though and not the side branches

Here’s the rest of the gang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post (total 2):
420mFuk (Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:28 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:10 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

They all look sound man now, i wouldn't sweat it too much, you`ve cracked it now theirs loadsa rootage to take what you throw at them Rew. :nice:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
420mFuk (Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:28 pm) • Jayme Ream (Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:11 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Jayme Ream

Post by Jayme Ream »

not a coco guy, but your in good hands bro! looks a lot better. thanks for sharing!!

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”