Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Yellow spots - No sign of bugs/mites

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Mafooo
Known User

Re: Yellow spots - No sign of bugs/mites

Post by Mafooo »

To me it looks like a microbe is doing that to your plant. The lesions look too large to be spider mites in my opinion.

To me it looks like early onset leaf rust but it could also be powdery mildew.

Have a look and see if anything else here pops out at you

https://agri.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/agrin ... gement.pdf

https://blueskyorganics.com/top-five-cannabis-diseases/

Philzon   Vape4Ever
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

gingerb wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:05 am
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:58 am
Any chance of a crisp clear close up shot, mate?
Added some more close up shots, see what you think.
I've never seen anything like that before. From a distance it looked like spider mites, but those coloured spots have flummoxed me. Sorry.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

What are your feed levels and if possible can you check the EC in vs the EC coming out of the pots. i think 2-scoops may have sussed it with calcium lockout from what i can see
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Def not spider mites imo. Think you find it is where the feed is too heavy, the leaves do look rather dark, but then some canna plants are darker than others. Best thing, as said previous, give her a flush through then a dose of low feed.The spots already there will stay but look to new and older unaffected leaves. There is another thing it might be but lets see if what advise works first.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post:
GMO (Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:56 pm)

gingerb

Post by gingerb »

I think my water PH was way too high from the tap, only have the PH test droplet solution and I was roughly getting a very blue test result of about 8.5 or 9.
After some adjustments by adding vinegar to my water go it roughly to 6 to 6.5 PH, the run off water from plant seems to be at about 5.5.
I may have to invest in proper PH tester, the droplet solution stuff is very hit and miss.

Anyway have flushed and will slowly at nutes with correctly PH water of about 6 to 6.5 from now on.

Taken plant out of tent and checked over alot of leaves and still see now signs of bugs/thrips or spider mites.
These users thanked the author gingerb for the post:
GMO (Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:56 pm)

gingerb

Post by gingerb »

Thanks for all the comments suggestions help everyone, will post an update in a few days. Really need a good crop from this ammi auto, my jars are empty currently!!
These users thanked the author gingerb for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:42 am) • GMO (Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:56 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I thought PH for this. I had some similar marks, just larger. Turned out to be PH. I look forward to seeing if its worked.

gingerb

Post by gingerb »

Sorry another update on this troublesome Ammi, to make matters worse I've come down with COVID this week.

So flushed like I said I was going too and left for a good 4 to 5 days, then gave it a very slight bit of feed. The day after feed I get some leaving clawing on just a few of the top leaves, I know its not heat stress but have no idea what else it can be.
Ever since the very low feed I don't feel the plant has been been growing or developing at all, the buds are getting bigger. I've completely ruled out bugs, I've gone over the plant so much and as you can see in one of the pics I've an other plant in the tent that does't
have any spots on leaves and I feel if bugs were in the tent or on the ammi plant it would of transfer on to the other smaller plant i have in there.

Going forward I've been watering with PH water at around 6.5, trying watering from bottom also, but nothing seems to want to reactivate the growth on this ammi plant. It seems like its got a total lockout of some kind.
Do I flush again but in a heavy duty way?

If you see in the photos you can see some clawing on the top leaves, no clawing can be related to a lot of things, heat stress, underwatering, overwatering etc etc but I've no idea why its just effecting top leaves of the plant.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm techically on week 7 of flower so feel I've only got a few weeks to try and adjust this.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

No need to flush again ginge, but the 2nd picture looks a bit heat stressed
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

gingerb

Post by gingerb »

Yes claw leaves don't make any sense as the other plant in there is totally fine, I've opened an other vent on the tent to see if makes a difference. Claw leaves usually do mean heat stress.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”