Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Little plant in the back got a Potassium deficiency

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Groot

Little plant in the back got a Potassium deficiency

Post by Groot »

Awrite there folks just noticed this the other day when I noticed it in my diary pics and it took hold quite quickly over a week.
Last week.
Tuesday. Image
And this morning.
I thought light burn to start with but it’s spreading so gonna start flush tonight but only got 30l of water ready so I’ll finish by tomorrow night and see how she gets on from there
Ps. The only thing that has changed last week was the nutes I’ve been using I changed from canna a and b to advanced nutrients a and b plus I’ve added additives aswell from Green planet there resin and massive maybe just complicated things for myself
Last edited by Groot on Fri May 27, 2022 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Groot for the post:
Keeno (Fri May 27, 2022 12:54 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Little plant in the back got a Potassium deficiency

Post by 2-Scoops »

What typo ferts are you feeding and how much ? Generally its a simple fix of just upping your base ferts.

If you flush pots through they need to go back on ferts straight away or as soon as possible, when i used to feed stupid high ec i just flushed pots through weekly with water and then fed asap straight after flushing pots through. :nice:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Fri May 27, 2022 12:54 pm) • Groot (Fri May 27, 2022 12:54 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Groot

Post by Groot »

2-Scoops wrote:What typo ferts are you feeding and how much ? Generally its a simple fix of just upping your base ferts
I’m in coco and she’s been getting fed every 2 days 2scoops and just listed the nutes above mate
2-Scoops (Fri May 27, 2022 1:40 pm)

Groot

Post by Groot »

I’ve only been feeding ec1.2 ph5.7-6.0. I went upto ec1.3 and noticed a little tip burn on most plants so I cut it back to 1.0then over a couple of days worked it back upto 1.2.
2-Scoops (Fri May 27, 2022 1:55 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Groot wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:56 pm
2-Scoops wrote:What typo ferts are you feeding and how much ? Generally its a simple fix of just upping your base ferts
I’m in coco and she’s been getting fed every 2 days 2scoops and just listed the nutes above mate
Ahh my lazy ass i must read full posts in future :surrender: But Canna A&B is cheap and made and tested for UK water unlike Advanced which isn`t and more a US/Canadian typo fert that is way overpriced, not that it should have anything to with your problem here.

But yes cool just flush them through if your gonna do that, dont worry about water so long as its not freezing cold straight from tap works sound, yes ph it first and then drop everything except A&B and go with 2ml a litre till they look better which wont be instant. Feed as soon as you`ve flushed cus they need ferts and letting them stood without a few extra days will only add to deficiency. :nice:
Herbalist (Fri May 27, 2022 5:16 pm) • Groot (Sat May 28, 2022 1:13 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Groot wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:59 pm
I’ve only been feeding ec1.2 ph5.7-6.0. I went upto ec1.3 and noticed a little tip burn on most plants so I cut it back to 1.0then over a couple of days worked it back upto 1.2.
See you using other additives their that will really effect your ec and yet still your running a low ec so in effect theirs not enough A&B base ferts in that mix to keep plant happy, which is backbone of your feeding schedule, if your gonna use additives that effect ec you prolly should be setting your base ec first with just A&B to around 1.0-1-2 and then add rest and then you`ll be running quite a bit higher ec, but you need to bare in mind ec is gonna be higher when you use additives. Also when you flip to bloom up your base fert ec to around 1.4 for 3 to 4 weeks when they stretch like mad before dropping back a wee bit. But end of shift i really think you`ve been underfeeding your A&B base ferts and their in lies your problem. :nice:
Herbalist (Fri May 27, 2022 5:16 pm) • Groot (Sat May 28, 2022 1:13 pm)

Groot

Post by Groot »

2-Scoops wrote:
Groot wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:56 pm
Ahh my lazy ass i must read full posts in future :surrender: But Canna A&B is cheap and made and tested for UK water unlike Advanced which isn`t and more a US/Canadian typo fert that is way overpriced, not that it should have anything to with your problem here.

But yes cool just flush them through if your gonna do that, dont worry about water so long as its not freezing cold straight from tap works sound, yes ph it first and then drop everything except A&B and go with 2ml a litre till they look better which wont be instant. Feed as soon as you`ve flushed cus they need ferts and letting them stood without a few extra days will only add to deficiency. :nice:
120Ls later and 2 plants flushed I’ve got the ec down to 0.1 runoff i can’t manage to get it to 0.0 but I’m happy with that and my ec is 0.0 from tap to start with so just needed to ph. 5.8.

I’ve also fed them
a and b 3ml
Calmag 0.75ml
Ec.1.3
Ph.5.8
Plus I’ve also lifted the bottom of the pots off the trays noticed a lot of roots popping out the bottom of the pots.
Once again thanks guys for all your help
2-Scoops (Tue May 31, 2022 10:38 am)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”