Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Run to waste high EC

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
RewisL19

Re: Run to waste high EC

Post by RewisL19 »

Hi mate, if you think the smaller plants are contributing to most of the run off then have your feed running 30seconds to a minute longer to make sure they all get a real good soaking.

This is what I do and I don’t get any issues with build up. Ph and EC are the same going in as they are coming out
These users thanked the author RewisL19 for the post:
duke (Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:48 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

duke wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:50 pm
hi ime those fabric sacks catch and hold on to the nutrient salts and so run of reads high all the time i would not jump to flushing myself just lower the ec going in to 1.2ec and add a little extra run of,i have had ec off the scale in the waste res several times and plants are just dandy its only when the high ec state is prolonged i see any problems,i use dutch pro grow and bloom and nothing else no additives and vary ph every feed and now ignore run of readings unless theres an obvious problem,good luck
Hey man, the run off has been significantly higher than the input for a long while. How do you get on with such a simple nutrient regimen? Do you ever suffer deficiencies? Do you repeat the same strain?

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

MafooFarms wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:38 pm
They look well taken care of. Nice setup you have!

If youre worried about it, I would follow Marcus’ advice.

Being in coco the plants should respond well to a flush and proper feed
Thanks mate, I'm happy with everything so far, pics below with lights on ImageImage
These users thanked the author Skywalker for the post (total 2):
Mafooo (Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:37 am) • Jayme Ream (Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:07 pm)

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

Honestly skywalker I dont want to encourage you to do something when I cant see any visible signs that they are unhappy.

Sounds like some other folks have chimed in with how to flush your coco and also some personal experience with fabric pots.

Perhaps just stay the course and at first sign of anything off you can flush and refeed.

The midflower flush is something a lot of people here do, but not everyone does. Right now Im a soil grower who reads about coco growers so I would value advice from coco growers more than myself.

That said, look at your stunning grow!! What a treat to see
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post (total 3):
Jayme Ream (Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:07 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:10 pm) • Skywalker (Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:36 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

3.0ec in run off isn`t gonna cause you problems it can climb quite a bit higher before it will, what may cause you problems is if you dont lower your feed ec as the grow goes on and plants start taking up less ferts then mid to late bloom fert salts will build up much faster and things could go wrong rapidly. Myself i would just lower my ec to around 1.0-1.2 after stretching in bloom is over.

If your running a medium that has a really high ec or lets say full of fert salts, you just have to keep on top of it a bit more and look out for early signs shit going south, but 3.0ec may sound high but the plants will be sound so long as it doesn't carry on climbing. But yes as said just drop your feed/fert ec back to around 1.0 now it should get to your end without you getting any problems and without it climbing any higher, if it does carry on climbing you may need to run some water through pots to lower it a bit.

Theirs no need to water in a fert EC any higher than 1.4-1.6 when your growing in coco and then that's only for first 3 to 4 weeks of 12/12 when they are stretching like mad before dropping right back to 1.0-1.2ec . A good vegging ec is 1.0-1.2 :running-around:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Skywalker (Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:36 pm) • Wardrobe Farming (Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:26 am) • Wrh (Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:44 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I wouldn't worry about the runoff EC if you are not seeing any problems with the plants and they are generally healthy and perky. What I usually do sometimes is a mid flower flush - 3 x pot size in Liters through each pot..or until I see the EC same as the what's going in. Sometimes I do it for the period of 2 days - I am in 10L pots so doing about 7.5 - 10 L of water through each pot 2 days in a row...
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
duke (Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:00 pm)

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

2-Scoops wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:36 pm
3.0ec in run off isn`t gonna cause you problems it can climb quite a bit higher before it will, what may cause you problems is if you dont lower your feed ec as the grow goes on and plants start taking up less ferts then mid to late bloom fert salts will build up much faster and things could go wrong rapidly. Myself i would just lower my ec to around 1.0-1.2 after stretching in bloom is over.

If your running a medium that has a really high ec or lets say full of fert salts, you just have to keep on top of it a bit more and look out for early signs shit going south, but 3.0ec may sound high but the plants will be sound so long as it doesn't carry on climbing. But yes as said just drop your feed/fert ec back to around 1.0 now it should get to your end without you getting any problems and without it climbing any higher, if it does carry on climbing you may need to run some water through pots to lower it a bit.

Theirs no need to water in a fert EC any higher than 1.4-1.6 when your growing in coco and then that's only for first 3 to 4 weeks of 12/12 when they are stretching like mad before dropping right back to 1.0-1.2ec . A good vegging ec is 1.0-1.2 :running-around:
That's really interesting, I was running 1.8 earlier and the plants were quite dark so backed off to 1.4 and they seemed better, I'll drop back to 1.2 this next feed and keep an eye on runoff 👍

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

2-Scoops wrote:

That's really interesting, I was running 1.8 earlier and the plants were quite dark so backed off to 1.4 and they seemed better, the buddah tree chart would have it at about 2.2ec now! I'll drop back to 1.2 this next feed and keep an eye on runoff 👍
These users thanked the author Skywalker for the post:
2-Scoops (Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:45 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Skywalker wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:40 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

That's really interesting, I was running 1.8 earlier and the plants were quite dark so backed off to 1.4 and they seemed better, the buddah tree chart would have it at about 2.2ec now! I'll drop back to 1.2 this next feed and keep an eye on runoff 👍
They are full of shit fert makers i swear they must want us all running crazy high EC so we buy more ferts :barmy: . If it keeps climbing go with 1.0ec or run them through with water. They really dont need a high ec like makers prescribe on their bottles. :rock:

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:50 pm
Skywalker wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:40 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

They are full of shit fert makers i swear they must want us all running crazy high EC so we buy more ferts :barmy: . If it keeps climbing go with 1.0ec or run them through with water. They really dont need a high ec like makers prescribe on their bottles. :rock:
Went to the shop over the weekend and they said if I was only running 1.4 lec I was doing something majorly wrong, they said I should be up at 2.4/2.6 my response was they are happy at that and they said I was sacrificing yield.... the guy is a proper douche. Think he was butt hurt because I pointed out his rebranded Ali baba lights did not use Samsung diodes as advertised!

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”