Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Extraction question

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
CDX101

Extraction question

Post by CDX101 »

Ok so iv had everything up and running for a few weeks now, however.....

all plants are at veg stage and my question is when is the extractor supposed to be turned on?

i was originally told once they start to smell but that sounds a bit funny for a sealed tent.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Extraction question

Post by Herbalist »

My extraction fan runs 24/7 my understanding is that you should replace the air volume in your grow space every minute or so. Each to their own though.
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

24/7 man, hasn't been off in a good 2 years lol
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

CDX101

Post by CDX101 »

dang it lol, will need to get mine turned on then, next question: extractor inside the tent pumping out or outide the tent pulling out?

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Yup, plants need to breathe too....
Extraction generally sits inside the tent along with the carbon filter but there is no reason it has to, as long as air is getting extracted, most generally are designed to hang up in the tent though
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

CDX101 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:54 pm
dang it lol, will need to get mine turned on then, next question: extractor inside the tent pumping out or outide the tent pulling out?
Either or is fine mate, I have mine outside the tent. In my mind the less connections inside the tent the better. Filter inside or outside is another question, if you have the filter outside the tent it'll still work and many do have it outside if space is an issue. Filter life maybe be a little reduced though. I have my filter inside the tent personally, once connected properly you really shouldn't have any issues. However, don't skimp on a filter. Ever.

Ec fans will save on juice, phonic trap ducting works, viper filter are well priced and do the job

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

What temperatures were you reaching in there with no extraction?
I like to keep my fan in the loft where I don’t notice the noise as much, I tapped into the stink pipe and it pumps the air outside, the ducting the runs through a hole in the ceiling right next to the light rose.
When I need to pack away I put a light up that covers the hole, from there the duct runs straight down in to the top of the tent and into the carbon filter.
Get yourself a fan speed controller with a temperature probe and it’ll maintain the temperature for you a bit better, for example when the light goes off you don’t want the fan running flat out, the fc will notice the drop in temperature and automatically slow the fans, save you some electric at the same time
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Trippster62 (Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:12 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

CDX101

Post by CDX101 »

Vador wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:52 pm
What temperatures were you reaching in there with no extraction?
I like to keep my fan in the loft where I don’t notice the noise as much, I tapped into the stink pipe and it pumps the air outside, the ducting the runs through a hole in the ceiling right next to the light rose.
When I need to pack away I put a light up that covers the hole, from there the duct runs straight down in to the top of the tent and into the carbon filter.
Get yourself a fan speed controller with a temperature probe and it’ll maintain the temperature for you a bit better, for example when the light goes off you don’t want the fan running flat out, the fc will notice the drop in temperature and automatically slow the fans, save you some electric at the same time
usually around 21-22 degrees, plants are growing fine etc, just curious as to everyones methods

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Another thing worth knowing is it’s good practice to maintain negative pressure in your grow area, this can be as simple as a fan sucking air out of the room, you can have an inlet fan but many don’t bother as it’s not really needed. If you do you’ll want a fan that less powerful than the exhaust fan, the sides of your tent should be sucking in rather than blowing up like a balloon.
Just a fan sucking air out and another fan in the grow room circulating air above the tops of the plants is all you really need and is all most people seem to use.
I’ve tried both ways and it seems to work better with no inlet fan
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
CDX101 (Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:55 pm)

CDX101

Post by CDX101 »

Vador wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:43 pm
Another thing worth knowing is it’s good practice to maintain negative pressure in your grow area, this can be as simple as a fan sucking air out of the room, you can have an inlet fan but many don’t bother as it’s not really needed. If you do you’ll want a fan that less powerful than the exhaust fan, the sides of your tent should be sucking in rather than blowing up like a balloon.
Just a fan sucking air out and another fan in the grow room circulating air above the tops of the plants is all you really need and is all most people seem to use.
I’ve tried both ways and it seems to work better with no inlet fan
perfect mate, never knew about that, will get that sorted immediately .
These users thanked the author CDX101 for the post:
Vador (Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:54 pm)

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”