Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Tent smells of fish.

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues

Re: Tent smells of fish.

Post by Guest »

I never water run too much run off in soil, I never see the need. :idn:

I always wait out, keep placing my finger in top part of soil. Until it feels slightly dry, then I will think about watering again.

Just let it all dry out a bit.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:16 pm) • duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

Did you get that aloe vera...?
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 pm)

Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Herbalist »

MrNice wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:37 am
lol dead animal
It's a possibility lol. Thousands of field mice in my area and draw air from the cavity in my wall. Could be a dead mouse in the wall i guess. :idn:
2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:01 pm
Fishy smell could well be organic ferts, but a stinky bad egg methane farty type stink is usually a sign of root rot. Smell a bit of your run off and judge for yourself. If its a root rot methane, farty, bad egg type of stink then usually its most prominent around your roots and more so at bottom of your pots where rootage can become drenched, it will also stink up in run off.
Its definetly a fish sort of smell. When i water i sit the pots on bricks for 24hrs so they can drain properly. Will have a good sniff about the pots when lights come on this evening. I keep all of my runoff in a 10ltr ad-blue bottle until its full then i empty it in my WILD garden. Could have a sniff of that first but ill check runoff on next watering.
DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:05 pm
I never water run too much run off in soil, I never see the need. :idn:

I always wait out, keep placing my finger in top part of soil. Until it feels slightly dry, then I will think about watering again.

Just let it all dry out a bit.
Just the way i was "taught" back in the day. I do the same with my finger. Stick it in about an inch, when it starts feeling dry-ish thats when i water.
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post:
duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:30 pm)
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:21 pm
I actually got a message from my mate this morning saying my package had arrived. Can only be the aloe. Was going to pm you to say thanks once swing by his and grab it on the way home. Thank you again, sir.
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post (total 2):
Guest (Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:35 pm) • duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:30 pm)

Post by Guest »

Herbalist wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:30 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:21 pm
I actually got a message from my mate this morning saying my package had arrived. Can only be the aloe. Was going to pm you to say thanks once swing by his and grab it on the way home. Thank you again, sir.
Look on the store for dosage. It's very concentrated.

Only thing I can think is cleaning up has killed offmicrobes that were holding some bad ones off.
Herbalist (Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:38 pm) • duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:30 pm)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:36 pm

Only thing I can think is cleaning up has killed offmicrobes that were holding some bad ones off.
Interesting. You think it would be worth emptying the tent and wiping it all down with alcohol? I try to keep the tent as clean as possible but you cant kill everything i suppose. Maybe take the ladies out and slap an ozone generator in there for an hour?
Guest (Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:43 pm) • duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm)

Post by Guest »

Herbalist wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:42 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:36 pm

Interesting. You think it would be worth emptying the tent and wiping it all down with alcohol? I try to keep the tent as clean as possible but you cant kill everything i suppose. Maybe take the ladies out and slap an ozone generator in there for an hour?
I would just open the doors. Put fans in there and let it air out. But be mindful of weed smell.
Herbalist (Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:44 pm) • duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:44 pm

I would just open the doors. Put fans in there and let it air out. But be mindful of weed smell.
I live on an estate that constantly STINKS of weed lol ill chuck a big fan in the room later and leave the door open for a few hours. Will give it all a wipe down too. I did crank the ac infinity up last night to increase air flow but that was all i had the energy for 😆
Stickylemonz (Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:54 pm) • duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:32 pm)

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

Pulled them out and wiped down the tent with some antibacterial wipes, put them back and left a big fan blowing into the tent for about 3 hours. Police then swarmed the estate so closed the tent and the windows :lol: when i checked this morning the fish smell has definetly faded and im getting a grassy smell with minimal fish stink. Hoping it was just from leaving run off in there for a whole day. Will check again this evening when the lights come on and air it out again if needed.
Thanks for the help chaps and chapettes.
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post:
duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I keep all of my runoff in a 10ltr ad-blue bottle until its full then i empty it in my WILD garden. Could have a sniff of that first but ill check runoff on next watering.
So its prolly this if its not root rot, basically if you leave this stood in light and not aeriated its gonna become anaerobic i think is right term and become full of bacteria that will cause them to stink up bad, organic ferts dont stand too well once mixed before going off or and stinking up.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:22 pm) • duke (Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 pm) • sybarite (Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:11 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”