Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Need help diagnosing

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Re: Need help diagnosing

Post by Josh »

I've been ph'ing from 6.8-6.3 like the company recommends. Think I'll just give a descent flush tonight and see what happens afterwards
There's a possibility I'm getting nute burn I'd think. I've never had issues with this soil but I've also never fed at full strength
Bulls wrote:Hard that one mate. It's not much coco in there but will still inbalance the pH of the soil. You see two different mediums there and both require different pH. Not sure what be the best to do really. One option is to flush the soil completely until it becomes an inert medium .. or just carry on as it is, having the odd pH issue here and there.
Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Flush and go 1/4 strength nutrients mate for feed. Then increase when plant demands it :)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Bulls wrote:Flush and go 1/4 strength nutrients mate for feed. Then increase when plant demands it :)
Will do, thanks for the help

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:18 pm
I'd say at least 3/4 soil
Bulls wrote:How much coco & how much soil buddy?
Oioi Josh adding coco to your soil doesnt effect ph mate, its still soil and will behave like soil. Remember soil is a mixture of organic material. Dont feed any more N for a while, 1ml ltr of calmag every feed mate. Give the N a break for a week. Remember calcium is not a mobile nutrient so you are gunna see the worst effected to get a bit worse bro. Its also gunna be a bit slower to correct in soil. Try to avoid flushing soil if ya can mate, upsets things.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Oioi Josh adding coco to your soil doesnt effect ph mate, its still soil and will behave like soil. Remember soil is a mixture of organic material. Dont feed any more N for a while, 1ml ltr of calmag every feed mate. Give the N a break for a week. Remember calcium is not a mobile nutrient so you are gunna see the worst effected to get a bit worse bro. Its also gunna be a bit slower to correct in soil. Try to avoid flushing soil if ya can mate, upsets things.
Thanks for the reply hobbit, I was just about to water. Lmao
Ok no worries I'll give calmag only this feed and then continue with a light nute regimen here out. Underfeeding last time, now I'm over feeding hopefully I'll find the sweet spot on my next run

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:10 pm
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

Ok no worries I'll give calmag only this feed and then continue with a light nute regimen here out. Underfeeding last time, now I'm over feeding hopefully I'll find the sweet spot on my next run

its very common problem mate. I found when using store bought nutrients, 1 feed followed by 2 plain wter was fine. Give it a1ml calmag in every water for a wek mate. leave your veg nutes out. When things run back on track cut the calmag to 0.5 in every feed and water. I find an EC pen is a handy tool mate, will help you find the sweet spot, you will find it this run mate. Got a whole plant shot??

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

I'll get you one right now, just have to turn the light off. So when should I continue with the bloom nutes you think? I'm on day 30 of flower, was about to cut the veg nutes anyways since the bloom nutes and calmag contain a bit of nitrogen still
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:
Hobbit wrote: Oioi Josh adding coco to your soil doesnt effect ph mate, its still soil and will behave like soil. Remember soil is a mixture of organic material. Dont feed any more N for a while, 1ml ltr of calmag every feed mate. Give the N a break for a week. Remember calcium is not a mobile nutrient so you are gunna see the worst effected to get a bit worse bro. Its also gunna be a bit slower to correct in soil. Try to avoid flushing soil if ya can mate, upsets things.

its very common problem mate. I found when using store bought nutrients, 1 feed followed by 2 plain wter was fine. Give it a1ml calmag in every water for a wek mate. leave your veg nutes out. When things run back on track cut the calmag to 0.5 in every feed and water. I find an EC pen is a handy tool mate, will help you find the sweet spot, you will find it this run mate. Got a whole plant shot??

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

As you can see a few of the fans are a bit yellow and crispy on the edges and tips

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

integrajosh wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:31 pm
I'll get you one right now, just have to turn the light off. So when should I continue with the bloom nutes you think? I'm on day 30 of flower, was about to cut the veg nutes anyways since the bloom nutes and calmag contain a bit of nitrogen still
Hobbit wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

Mate ida started the bloom nutes already. Most people know that plants use more P,K, cal,S. What most dont realize is that flower formation begins way before you can see flowers. We flipped our scrog 2 days ago, we be starting PK tomorrow. Same deal mate wait a week for that plant to balance back out and go in with bloom nutes followed by 2 waters with calmag. Try not to think about it like coco or you will come unstuck. soil has a much higher CEC than coco.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Hobbit wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:18 pm
integrajosh wrote:
Hello mate. I haven't said that coco changes the pH of soil. What I said is that soil is auto buffering the pH and feering what u Feeding gives the coco high pH and roots are still there trying to feed but feer is not available. Don't know why people mix soil with coco amd make life difficult, just use perlite imo.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”