Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Spider mites!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Spider mites!

Post by GMO »

So I've got em but atleast it's given me the chance to get up close and personal for everyone here

This is an old dead body

This is some mature buggers

And I caught this one on its last legs after second stage drench

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:35 am) • Thrasherdude (Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:13 pm) • MrNice (Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:23 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Donks
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Spider mites!

Post by Donks »

Nices pics gmo. I've never had em mate so watching with interest

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

To give you all an idea of the size we are talking about

This is the chilli leaf used for the above pics

And the little black dot centre RIGHT ( the blurry spot) of the leaf is the dead body

Your never gonna see these dudes first. Always you will see little light colour dots forming either side of the leaf veins then ya turn the leaf over and you'll see lil black dots which are mite skatImage

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Buddonkey wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:35 pm
Nices pics gmo. I've never had em mate so watching with interest
I had to find a silver lining to having mites lol

hopefully few days of treatments - 5ec drench then iso/water and dish soap drench for 3 days should finish them off. mites can be a right bugger tho so yall may get to see me open up the arsenal lol :ak: :ak:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
MrNice (Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:12 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

ach y fi the fukas shit all in yuh buds to they are a nightmare good luck ridding them bach. :Stoned:

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

captain beefheart wrote:ach y fi the fukas shit all in yuh buds to they are a nightmare good luck ridding them bach. :Stoned:
Thanks bach

Luckily there is little to no sign on my canna plants atm... be burning them with fire if they make it that far

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Oioi Gmo, you could be pushing shit up hill trying to eradicate them with that method, extremely adaptable are the mite. I just finished posting in Hoppers thread same subject mate. You might wanna take a look what i wrote there bro.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:23 pm
captain beefheart wrote:ach y fi the fukas shit all in yuh buds to they are a nightmare good luck ridding them bach. :Stoned:
Thanks bach

Luckily there is little to no sign on my canna plants atm... be burning them with fire if they make it that far

Trust me when i say its not a matter of if mate its when , they make it to your weed. Id destroy those chilli plants bro, drop em in a bucket of water overnight, drop in 2ml/ltr of ph down just to really fek em up, bag em and bin em mate. You touched your chilli plants , you enter your groom, so damage may already be done bro. They are A sexual so only takes 1. Spray every nook in your tent with 2ml/ltr of ph down as well mate.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Hobbit wrote:Oioi Gmo, you could be pushing shit up hill trying to eradicate them with that method, extremely adaptable are the mite. I just finished posting in Hoppers thread same subject mate. You might wanna take a look what i wrote there bro.
I'll check that out this even before I bother drenching again
Hobbit wrote:
GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:23 pm
Thanks bach

Trust me when i say its not a matter of if mate its when , they make it to your weed. Id destroy those chilli plants bro, drop em in a bucket of water overnight, drop in 2ml/ltr of ph down just to really fek em up, bag em and bin em mate. You touched your chilli plants , you enter your groom, so damage may already be done bro. They are A sexual so only takes 1. Spray every nook in your tent with 2ml/ltr of ph down as well mate.
Thanks dude. Yeah, all the affected house plants are either outside plants now or in the bin

I'm treating everything, wall,floors ceiling and plants

I'll have a read and keep ya up to date dude

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

outside aint far enough bro lol. Id drench all your house plants in that ph solution foliage and all bro. Batten the hatches and dig in bro. You might remember from my thread in another place that I welcome bad insects into my garden as part of my IPM nd diversity. Not the mites mate lol.

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”