Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Spider mites!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Re: Spider mites!

Post by Hobbit »

This is what it looks like if your doin it right ,haha.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Spider gits
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Lukeypoo
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lukeypoo »

Been trying to get ontop of a mite problem on my critical kush for 2/3 weeks now.. After reading this thread I've thrown her in the garden 😭 I spotted a small infestation and brought some byemites and treated her daily for like 15 days as advised then got my hands on some ladybugs and poured them over the sickly plant to no avail really.. The problem hasn't got worse but its not getting better either.. Gmo advised me in the chat to use more then one product but I feel like I've missed the chance now..
Just been gifted some nevilles haze x killer malawi and got my og mother pretty much ready to flip and would hate for it to spread to these too
✌️
✌️Lukeypoo✌️

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Lukeypoo wrote:Been trying to get ontop of a mite problem on my critical kush for 2/3 weeks now.. After reading this thread I've thrown her in the garden I spotted a small infestation and brought some byemites and treated her daily for like 15 days as advised then got my hands on some ladybugs and poured them over the sickly plant to no avail really.. The problem hasn't got worse but its not getting better either.. Gmo advised me in the chat to use more then one product but I feel like I've missed the chance now..
Just been gifted some nevilles haze x killer malawi and got my og mother pretty much ready to flip and would hate for it to spread to these too
Agreed! Spread would be disastrous mate

Clean with bleach mate. Everything, inside and out of intake and outtake ducting, under the splash mat if your growing in a tent, if you have a dust cover on your carbon filter give it a hot wash as well

Nothing is over kill when dealing with spider mites

I would also suggest if you have the treatment spray still, that you treat your new plants maybe once a week for till your ready to flip them just to be confident nothing has been affected

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Lukeypoo

Post by Lukeypoo »

Yeah man as I mentioned what you said about using to different treatments, going to get down my local shop this weekend and pick up 2/3 separate treatments..

How would you recommend I used them? I mean like should I for example use product 1 or day one and product 2 on day two then product 1 day three ect ect or use each for a week? Really unsure what's best /:

And sorry to sound stupid but what kind of bleach.. General cleaning bleach?
✌️

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Lukeypoo wrote:Yeah man as I mentioned what you said about using to different treatments, going to get down my local shop this weekend and pick up 2/3 separate treatments..

How would you recommend I used them? I mean like should I for example use product 1 or day one and product 2 on day two then product 1 day three ect ect or use each for a week? Really unsure what's best /:

When you have your grow space empty, clean with general purpose cleaning bleach thoroughly

For treating you want to use product A day 1, then product B day 4, then product A again day 7 or 8. As the mites egg gestation is about 3-4 days you wait that long between treating so you wipe out any new borns that might be resistant

Hope that helps mate

Lukeypoo

Post by Lukeypoo »

GMO wrote:
Lukeypoo wrote:Yeah man as I mentioned what you said about using to different treatments, going to get down my local shop this weekend and pick up 2/3 separate treatments..

When you have your grow space empty, clean with general purpose cleaning bleach thoroughly

For treating you want to use product A day 1, then product B day 4, then product A again day 7 or 8. As the mites egg gestation is about 3-4 days you wait that long between treating so you wipe out any new borns that might be resistant

Hope that helps mate

Sweet thanks Gmo! One last question if I may..
Is there any particular brands/products you or anyone else here would recommend??

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Lukeypoo wrote:
GMO wrote:

Hope that helps mate

Sweet thanks Gmo! One last question if I may..
Is there any particular brands/products you or anyone else here would recommend??

I have and do use 5ec pytherum but I honestly don't think it touches the mites it just kills everything else

Harka mectin has been recommended as well but I haven't tried it

Neem oil is always a good preventative measure for pests, also you can make a rather potent spray using fresh garlic and fresh chillies blended in warm water and infused over night. Apply this will keep everything away from your plants, maybe even you if you have a sensitive nose. My cat doesn't come in the kitchen for 2 days after I make the stuff

I'm sure there are other products you can buy that are earlier in the thread I think

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Try using Bug clear for fruit and veg it is in the green packet and is a Natural (organic) insecticide and is cheap and available from local diy stores. It certainly done a good job when i had mites. AS GMO says a couple of treatments is best. Make sure you spray the underside of the leaves and tops basically need to give them a good drenching.

Lukeypoo

Post by Lukeypoo »

Yeah when I previously used the byemites I'd pick the pot up and hold it on its side so I could get all the underneath and then did the top side, will pick up some bug clear on the weekend along with something else I think.. All the other plants look good at the moment but think I'm going to continue to treat them to I flip to flower

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”