Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Nutrient deficiency quick look table

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Nanook
Respected Member

Nutrient deficiency quick look table

Post by Nanook »

To use the table just match up the plants symptoms with those on the table. Nutrients that are shaded Red are the problem. Find that nutrient in the text below the table for the remedy.

NITROGEN (N)
Pale plants, red stems, smaller growth. Rapid yellowing of lower leaves progressing up the plant. Add any chemical fertilizer containing N. Treated plants recover in about a week.

PHOSPHORUS (P)
Slow or stunted growth, red stems. Smaller leaves that are dark green. Lower leaves yellow and die. Add chemical fertilizer containing P. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new growth will apear normal.

POTASSIUM (K)
Affected plants are usually tallest and appear to be most vigorous. Necrotic spots form on lower leaves. Red stems. Leaves appear pale or yellow. Add chemical fertilizer containing K.

CALCIUM (Ca)
Lack of calcium in the soil results in the soil becoming too acid. This leads to Mg or Fe deficiency or very slow stunted growth. Treat by foliar feeding with one teaspoon of dolomatic lime per quart of water until condition improves.

SULFER (S)
Plants suffering from S definciencies exhibit yellowing of new growth. Mix one tablespoon of Epsom salts per gallon of water until condition improves.

MAGNESIUM (Mg)
Lower leaves yellow and may even turn white while veins remain dark green. Blades die and curl upward.

IRON (Fe)
Leaves on growing shoots turn pale and veins remain dark green. pH imbalances make iron insoluble. Foliar feed with chemical fertilizer containing Fe or rusty water.

MANGANESE (Mn)
Necrotic and yellow spots form on top leaves. Mn deficiency occurs when large amounts of Mg are present in the soil. Foliar feed with any chemical fertilizer containing Mn.

BORON (B)
Growing shoots turn grey or die. Growing shoots appear burnt. Treat with one teaspoon of Boric acid (sold as eyewash) per gallon of water.

MOLYBDENUM (Mb)
Yellowing of middle leaves. Foliar feed with chemical fertilizer containing Mb.

ZINC (Zn)
White areas form at leaf tips and between veins. Occurs in alkaline soils. Zn deficiency can be treated by burying galvanized nails in the soil. Chemical fertilizer containing Zn can also be used.

OVER FERTILIZATION
Causes leaf tips to appear yellow or burnt. To correct soil should be flushed with three gallons of water per one gallon of soil.
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post (total 9):
GMO (Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:25 pm) • Tictok (Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:26 am) • Guest (Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:18 am) • Dex (Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:42 am) • IMO (Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:47 am) • Minty (Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:19 am) • Norseman (Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 am) • Son Goku XD (Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:14 pm) • ShapingFireuk (Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:48 pm)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Bulls
Coco Grower

Re: Nutrient deficiency quick look table

Post by Bulls »

Very good, thanks Black. Handy to be able to just take a look at table and see what your issue is :)
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Dex (Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:42 am)

Thrasherdude
Respected Member

Post by Thrasherdude »

Usefull topic Grouse!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

saved this

jam3s.04
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nutrient deficiency Outdoor growing

Post by jam3s.04 »

I am growing a few plants but I have decided to grow them outdoors with no nutrients or anything just all natural but some leaves are dying and turning yellow at the tips and they have been growing for 5 months and just keep getting bigger but won’t bud any help please

TommyT
Known User

Post by TommyT »

What does necrosis mean when it comes to plants?
Purple Punch From Seedstockers
The other day when I was high I solved one of the world's greatest problems.
Unfortunately five minutes later I forgot what I was doing.

Post by Guest »

Love this. Always appreciate good simply laid out and easy to navigate information. Keeps the growing community going, makes us stronger.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Nutrient deficiency Outdoor growing

Post by Nanook »

jam3s.04 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:08 am
I am growing a few plants but I have decided to grow them outdoors with no nutrients or anything just all natural but some leaves are dying and turning yellow at the tips and they have been growing for 5 months and just keep getting bigger but won’t bud any help please
Start a thread with pics mate. Impossible to tell otherwise.

Yes necrosis is death :)
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
TommyT (Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:32 pm)

Ilikeplants

Post by Ilikeplants »

This is really useful thank you 🤗
Another day to grow :roll:

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »