Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Portable A/C

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Portable A/C

Post by camkush »

Some things have changed in the past few days and I'm moving a senior citizen relative into my home to keep him from a nursing home. So, he will live in my current grow room. I will be moving my tents to my barn/office but it doesn't have A/C. I was thinking if buying the portable A/C stand up kind to put directly inside the tent.. is this a good or bad idea ? I still need fresh air coming through the tent as well right?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Smokey

Re: Portable A/C

Post by Smokey »

Hey Pal, you will definately still need a fresh air intake 100% fresh air is your friend lol if i am not mistake the air con unit should be fine during the vegetive stage but i'm not to sure when moving up to flower i'm not sure as the AC units hold a lot of moisture that being said removing it from the tent and having it sat next to the tent on the outside would also be of some benefit and remember the more airtight you can make the outer space the better you will get out of the unit, Just my thoughts pal hope i made some sense in what i was trying to say i'm really high right now lololo

Cheers Cowboy

Yeeeeee hAAAAAAAAAAAAA
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

Smokey wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:52 pm
Hey Pal, you will definately still need a fresh air intake 100% fresh air is your friend lol if i am not mistake the air con unit should be fine during the vegetive stage but i'm not to sure when moving up to flower i'm not sure as the AC units hold a lot of moisture that being said removing it from the tent and having it sat next to the tent on the outside would also be of some benefit and remember the more airtight you can make the outer space the better you will get out of the unit, Just my thoughts pal hope i made some sense in what i was trying to say i'm really high right now lololo

Cheers Cowboy

Yeeeeee hAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thanks, I am struggling with how to run the air from the tall portable a/c unit to my tent.. I cant wrap my brain around it. I cant even figure out how id run a window unit a/c to my tent as my second option either. I fail with hvac

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Is it not possible for you to get a direct fresh air in take from outside pal?

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

Smokey wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 pm
Well outside air is roughly 90+ degrees right now and only gonna get worse. Its gonna be comparable to one of yall attic grows by heat I would assume. I don't think I could even run a 250hps out there right now..

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

After some fun on google. I decided id get a window unit and run it into my tent. Saw a guy doing the same in his tent for summer time and it seemed a lot easier than the ideas I had floating in my head thanks smokey!

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

• Get a large container of ice. Use a stainless steel bowl since it doesn’t insulate well to help create even more chill.
  • Get a fan.
  • Set ice in front of fan.
  • Turn on fan.
  • Sit in front of fan and chill
Redneck style.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

camkush wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:12 pm
Smokey wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 pm
Well outside air is roughly 90+ degrees right now and only gonna get worse. Its gonna be comparable to one of yall attic grows by heat I would assume. I don't think I could even run a 250hps out there right now..
I did think of that after mate would just add to issues i was thinking wow infact how does he control the system heat wise lol i hate the weather here growing wise i cant begin to even imagine how awkward it must be for you guys accross the way

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 pm
  • Get a large container of ice. Use a stainless steel bowl since it doesn’t insulate well to help create even more chill.
  • Get a fan.
  • Set ice in front of fan.
  • Turn on fan.
  • Sit in front of fan and chill
Redneck style.
you would need a hell of a lot of ice pal lol possibly an iceberg, How far is Alaska for you cam lol

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”