Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Help me please!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Gward20

Re: Help me please!

Post by Gward20 »

Their is silica in the amino treatment isn’t their ? Fingers crossed things improve now 🤞

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

I don't believe many amino acid treatments also come with silica but I don't know what you used. The amino acids will help with calcium uptake and a host of other benefits so it's a good additive. The silica helps the plant build stronger branches and helps in times of stress like drought, heat, and cold. Silica even can impart some mold and pest resistance.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Just had a read through and very interesting thread guys. But unless I missed it no ones asked what your water is like?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Gward20 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:21 am
Their is silica in the amino treatment isn’t their ? Fingers crossed things improve now 🤞
So the House & Garden Amino Treatment contains monosilicic acid amongst other things. It's a great product and really does complement the coco as Amino acids are chelators. They will jacket elements like Ca and Mg and make them easier to uptake by the plant. Thats not the only thing amino acids can do and they're also using in medical applications as they also help us take on nutrients :)

I do use amino acids but I foliar spray mine because I don't rely on them for uptake but to improve crop health and vigor. Plus my nutrients are full of synthetic chelators like EDTA that will bond to Ca and Mg. Most quality nutrient suppliers have already added this to improve uptake of Ca and Mg as well as Fe and Zn. This is why I believe in a hydro/coco grow, adding amino acids may not have much benefit as a chelation agent.

Anyway, Amino-treatment is fooking awesome as well as L-Amino acids. You see them all over the place in horticulture and in many products like AN BigBud, many kelp extract products and many more. I swear by them as do many growers.

https://www.house-garden.com.au/amino-treatment
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

I have just started to think that I may have put the cutting into the 20L air pots too soon and they are being starved of oxygen or I have root problems. would anyone agree ? Should I buy some liquid oxygen ?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Gward20 wrote:
    Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:27 pm
    I have just started to think that I may have put the cutting into the 20L air pots too soon and they are being starved of oxygen or I have root problems. would anyone agree ? Should I buy some liquid oxygen ?
    Lack of oxygen would lead to clawing of the fan leaves and would look totally different buddy. Stick to the the advice from Spartangrown and myself and you'll be good buddy

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

Okay mate thanks. I will wait for the pots to dry up & feed A&B and amino again. 1.3ec 5.7ph

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

Marcus wrote:
    Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:25 pm

Silicon needs to be added after mixing your nutes, BTW... (incase that's not been mentioned before).

I mix A in one bucket of water then B in another equal measure bucket of water and then both together after a minute or two, silicon last of all then pH the mix.
    You always, always, always want to mix Silica in first. The reason is that silica is very acidic and will make nutrients in the water fall out of solution if they come in contact with each other in a concentrated form. You will see this with the "clouds" that will form in the water if you add silica directly into a nutrient solution. If you add it first, there should be nothing really in your water for it to react with and you should be able to mix it in to a good dilution so that when you add the rest of your feed, the silica is no longer in a strong concentration and won't react with the added nutrition. I hope that makes sense!

#growerslove

Gward20

Post by Gward20 »

Spartangrown wrote:
    Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:08 pm
    Marcus wrote:
    Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:25 pm

Silicon needs to be added after mixing your nutes, BTW... (incase that's not been mentioned before).

I mix A in one bucket of water then B in another equal measure bucket of water and then both together after a minute or two, silicon last of all then pH the mix.
    You always, always, always want to mix Silica in first. The reason is that silica is very acidic and will make nutrients in the water fall out of solution if they come in contact with each other in a concentrated form. You will see this with the "clouds" that will form in the water if you add silica directly into a nutrient solution. If you add it first, there should be nothing really in your water for it to react with and you should be able to mix it in to a good dilution so that when you add the rest of your feed, the silica is no longer in a strong concentration and won't react with the added nutrition. I hope that makes sense!

#growerslove
    I will upload some pics later on mate they are asleep at the moment :lol:

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

Marcus wrote:
    Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:24 pm
    Yes, you are right... Sorry dude.

It goes in 1st.

I've always put it in 1st looking back at my diaries. :suicide: :lol:

Yup, looks like I did it arse about tit on my last A&B grow... I'm what they call an eedjit. :oik!:
    It's all good brother! I just think that that might be exactly the problem here, silica was added later and it made some micros and possibly calcium unavailable to the plants. The new mix order of Silica then cal mag then A then B then additives will hopefully fix the issue. :rock:

#growerslove

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”