Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Deficiency - what is causing it?

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Nom
Known User

Re: Deficiency - what is causing it?

Post by Nom »

Ive seen this on all my grows until my current one, tap water ec 0.7 adding calmag. Dunno if it was just that but i stopped adding calmag and i dont get it anymore. My water analysis shows lots of calcium, one of the guys had his water checked and then went over to growers ark with his hard water and no more problems apparently. Im still on a & b though and looking ok so far

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

That is a high EC Bulls has the PH gone up as well?

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Yes, the EC is very high of the tap water. The water stinks of chemicals if you breath it. As I mentioned elsewhere, my drinking water filter dies twice faster than usual now.
I usually add calmag twice in the feed to prevent deficency so if there was too much already in the water the additional might have caused this. I've kinda flushed them last night as I top dressed them with EcoThrive Charge.
@Captain I always get tiny bit of algae when cuttings go into the pots because of the direct exposure of the coco under the LED. I usualyl scrape it off once potting up. So far no pandemic, no need of a lockdown lol

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Thanks for the heads up Marcus. Seems most of us are on the same page. It's clearly not a lack of calmag so it's the opposite. It's good I've done a mini flush on them last night, tonights fresh batch of feed will be A&B only. I will keep ya updated on what happened.
And I guess they all say fed them some calmag as it's the most common deficiency. For UK water at least.

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Well, I binned the calmag and grabbed some hardwater ferts too (and stopped listening to old wives tales on the internet :lol: ) and have never had another deficiency. (touch wood).
Exactly what i would have done to Marcus. One of the reasons for using hard water nutes is so you do not have to add so much phosphoric acid as they use nitric acid. Both are used in the production of fertilizers. The Hard water nutes will help with not getting Zinc iron and magnesium deficiency.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Does canna do hard water A&B?

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Bulls wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am
Does canna do hard water A&B?
Not my Knowledge Bulls but instead of using a Phosphoric acid as ph down try using nitric acid this can often help in hard water.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Would you recommend a specific brand or link me up to a product kbag?

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Bulls wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:16 am
Would you recommend a specific brand or link me up to a product kbag?
Canna ph grow i think its called is used for the grow phase. And ph bloom for flowering that contains phosphoric Acid the reason for this is it adds phosphorous that the plant can uptake but due to the buffer affect in large quantity's in hard water to bring the ph down. Personally i would stick with the nitric acid through flower as well in hard water. Might take a bit of balancing bulls it also could be one of the factors that you have trouble with pk13/14 to much phosphorous as a whole when using phosphoric acid. The alternative is hard water nutes as Marcus suggests.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

It does help massively Marcus. Very interesting. Do you think Mixing Canna A&B the same way might be causing trouble? I usually add PK, whisk well for few minutes..then add A...whisk again few minues..then add B. That's how I done it over the last few eyars lol. Also My ph Is very high. I think about 8. I use about 15ml pH down to get 120l reservoir of feed to normal pH of 6.1-2.

Return to “Cannabis Issues And Questions”