Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Hydro problem - Newbie help

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Greekblade

Hydro problem - Newbie help

Post by Greekblade »

Hello
This is my first try to grow 2 auto strains with hydro

I feed only 2 times (1 per week) with the half dose of recomendations with Bio-Heaven but that happend to my babys...

Is over feeding or is missing food? I am totaly newbie and i cant understein what happend... any help will be great!
Thanks in advance

ImageImage
These users thanked the author Greekblade for the post:
duke (Fri May 19, 2023 7:54 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Hydro problem - Newbie help

Post by 2-Scoops »

Looks really overwatered to my eyes, soggy roots and all that , which can cause problems like lockout. You really want to be starting seeds out growing this way in rockwool blocks start them in the small squares, double block them into the bigger blocks then when they are a fair size with plenty of roots bung them in your system.

Start them in these Image and up block them into these >>>Image

Its always best to buffer and pre-soaking your rockwool blocks in calmag overnight as it is with your clayballs, i buffer my coco in 2 to 3ml of of calmag i think its around 1.4ec calmag around 5.8 to 6.2 ph preferably 6.2 ,
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
duke (Fri May 19, 2023 7:55 pm) • wutang (Sat May 20, 2023 7:29 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Greekblade

Post by Greekblade »

was in cubes for 4 -5 days, i see some small roots out of cube and,then i put the cube in the hydro system...was to early?
after how many days its ok to put the cube on hydro system and start feeding?
These users thanked the author Greekblade for the post (total 2):
duke (Fri May 19, 2023 7:56 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sat May 20, 2023 6:46 am)

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

Rockwool is god lol love my Rockwool.

A couple of questions.

Is it bio heaven the only thing you've feed it ?

Have you seen anymore root development or does it look like it just.

What was your initial?ec and ph when soaked your cubes.
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post:
duke (Fri May 19, 2023 7:56 pm)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

Greekblade

Post by Greekblade »

Thanks for help !

1.Yea bio-Heaven only at half dose and sray the leaves with Clonex Mist 4 times in 2 weeks

2.Not sure if root have develop...i will try to check...maybe not because the size its same the last 10 days...the plant is on shock

3.When soaked my cubes in the water was straight from the filter,to be honest i didn't check the ph when soake the cube,I didn't know I needed to check it, but the first days, before i put the cube on hydro, everythink was fine, and the plant was healthy and green inside the cube,the problem came after 1 week on hydro system
Everyday i am checking the ph on water and try to keep it around 6.5 ...everyday need control because is higher

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Greekblade wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:32 pm
was in cubes for 4 -5 days, i see some small roots out of cube and,then i put the cube in the hydro system...was to early?
after how many days its ok to put the cube on hydro system and start feeding?
Tbh im not sure but id be have them double blocked before i added them to a system like this like this. So plants are decent size with lots of roots.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Greekblade (Thu May 25, 2023 3:16 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Agree with Scoops

When I was in NFT..I used to use jiffy pellets, which fit perfectly inside the rock wool cubes.

I soaked the cube in a weak nutrient solution with right pH overnight. Squeezed out cube in morning (these things hold crazy water)

Pop my pellet inside when I can see roots on the out edges of the pellet so it can comfortably grow into the cube. Once roots are showing on the rock wool cube..then I put it in my nft system. In your case your bucket/hydro system.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Greekblade (Thu May 25, 2023 3:16 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

The issue you have here is that they're underfed. Bioheaven isn't a nutrient so the plants have nothing to feed on other what's in your tap water. Looks like you have a few deficiencies showing all at once.

Hydro needs to be fed from about 7-10 days after germination. I've read other things online, bit I've noticed that if I don't feel after that period and everything else is optimal, I'll start to get the odd twist or yellowing in my leaves. The cotyledons will also yellow prematurely due to the lack of food.

You should also allow the plants to establish a substantial root ball before planting into the system. I would start with a light, single part feed like Formulex 7 days after germination. PH the solution to around 5.5 and keep the EC around 1.2-1.4EC. Why so low on the PH? Because rockwool is alkaline and you need to compensate for that by adding a little more acid.

They will be ready to be transplanted around 3 days after transferring unto the 3" blocks. Once in the system, you can raise the PH to 5.8 and move over to a more complex nutrient like a two-part system, but keep the EC at 1.4EC for a few days to allow them to settle in before raising the EC to 1.7EC. If you make it through that lot, you should have lush green plants that are ready to grow into monsters.

Good luck🤞
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
ncrypta.core (Sat May 20, 2023 12:20 pm) • Greenfingers (Wed May 24, 2023 5:34 pm) • Greekblade (Thu May 25, 2023 3:17 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Greekblade

Post by Greekblade »

Thanks guyz! That helps a lot

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”