Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Drooping Leaves on Autos - Please Help!!!

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Stickylemonz
Known User

Re: Drooping Leaves on Autos - Please Help!!!

Post by Stickylemonz »

I would personally keep air moving fans on at all times mate as makes the stems stronger with air blowing into them. Your doing great these plants we all love are so resilient! Yours will be flying in no time! Good luck and happy growing:)
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post (total 2):
HowardMarks (Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:38 am) • MrHash (Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:12 pm)

HowardMarks

Post by HowardMarks »

Hi all, thanks for the inputs and I wanted to give an update.

The girls are doing really well now. So as it was my first grow in over a decade, I had forgotten to dial a few things in, mainly the following;
1. Night temps - Dropping too low on occasion, mainly down to broken heater, once this was fixed and the variance reduced between day temps, everything perked right back up.
2. Daytime temps - I played around and noticed that boosting the temp more seemed to provide better / faster growth and recovery. Originally I tried to stay around 23c, not I aim to stay between 24c-28c.
3. Water temp - So one of the first things I did was to up the water / feed temps. They are now around 18c - 20c, I think they didn't like the 14-16c temps.

So with the above 3 things sorted, they have been going crazy and I wish I done some LST, bit late for that now. Think they need some more room.

These users thanked the author HowardMarks for the post (total 4):
flip (Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:19 am) • biosynthetic (Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:03 pm) • MrHash (Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:22 pm) • GMO (Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:30 pm)

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

looking much happier mate
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

HowardMarks wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:27 am
Hi all, thanks for all your helpful responses, most informative. So I think I've rectified the issue with your help. Yes the plants droop just before lights out and then perk back up again and certainly after a watering, but at the time they were drooping all the time. I think the broken heater had an affect on them which showed up later than expected, I've also dialled in the temperature management in the room and keep it at a min of 20c during lights off, and min of 23c during lights on. Although I have read somewhere that optimum temperature is 24-28c.

Exhaust fan runs 24/7 and the circulation fans only turn off when the temps drop below, 20c but then come back on at 22c. On the RO front, I have a choice of either softened water or RO water, no tap water I'm afraid. The softened water is bad for plants due to the sodium content, so it has to be RO water.
I have tried rain water but it's alot of work...collecting/storing

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”