Welcome to the cannabis deficiencies and solution section. In this section you will find and can ask about cannabis plant growth issues, cannabis deficiencies, cannabis toxicity issues, cannabis pest issues. If your cannabis plant has a issue you can look for answers here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Dehumidifier question

longtimelover

Dehumidifier question

Post by longtimelover »

Hi all, I'm 3 days into flowering but struggling to get the humidity below 60%

The small 60x60x140 tent isn't helping matters.

I have fans at the top and bottom and my extractor at 50% - if I turn up the extractor I can lower the humidity during light times, but then that lowers the temp to 20-21.

During the lights off period I leave the lower mini fan off and turn off the extractor. Is this right?

Should I buy a small electric dehumidifier or the passive bags? Or do something else?

Thanks in advance.

Maz

Ps will update diary tomorrow

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Dehumidifier question

Post by seymore_budz »

I would consider a small dehumidifier in your scenario. With such a small growing area it's more than likely you will see elevated levels of moisture at canopy. More so if things are packed in. This could lead to mold/mildew issues if not addressed. You can use passive moisture traps if a dehumidifier puts you over budget but you won't see anywhere near the effectiveness of a condenser dehumidifier.

Hope this helps, good luck!
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
longtimelover (Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:56 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

dont worry about it, 60% at start of flower is ok.
check out VPD (vapour pressure defecit) chart, its a very useful tool for growing.
later on say week 5 on you will want to get it down.
might have to add a oil filled rad or something similar
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
longtimelover (Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:02 am)

longtimelover

Post by longtimelover »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:56 am
You'll still want to be exhausting the tent with lights off. The draw from that should pull air in through the intake passively. If you are able to control the conditions in your lung room, it will make dealing with conditions in the tent much more manageable. What is the Humidity in your lung room? How about temp?
it's a bit of a struggle to control the lung room, it's a converted loft, with 2 x7m dormer windows and not fully plasterboarded yet. room temp is 18-20 normally.

good to know about the exhaust, i will do that now.

I was looking at the ProBreeze dehumidifiers , there are 2 small models - a 500ml tank that extracts 250ml a day or a 1500ml tank that extracts 500ml a day.

think im happy to spend upto 60 euro on it, anything more would probably be overkill

thnks

longtimelover

Post by longtimelover »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:57 am
seymore_budz wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:55 am
a small growing area it's more than likely you will see elevated levels of moisture at canopy. More so if things are packed in. This could lead to mold/mildew issues if not addressed.
Spot on :rock:

Defoliation in moderation will be needed :Stoned:
good reminder, i defoliated a week before flowering, but obviously, it's bushed out again.

wasn't sure if I should let the plant focus on switching to flowering before defoliating again?

longtimelover

Post by longtimelover »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:57 am
dont worry about it, 60% at start of flower is ok.
check out VPD (vapour pressure defecit) chart, its a very useful tool for growing.
later on say week 5 on you will want to get it down.
might have to add a oil filled rad or something similar
great thanks,
will look into it today

for now i;ve placed my Eco Cadiz heater outside the tent and set the temp to 21C (on the side closest to the tent and vents, and off on the other), there is a curtain around the area and the heater has a thermometer so switches off when it hits 21. I've also turned on the extractor and both top and bottom fans, the bottom one is over the passive vent, so will be pulling in some warm air. The extractor is set to around 50%. Inside temp is 20-21 and RH 57

I;ve ordered a dehumidifier for wk5 onwards.

longtimelover

Post by longtimelover »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:22 pm
longtimelover wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:04 am
wasn't sure if I should let the plant focus on switching to flowering before defoliating again?
I kind of think it is ok to do a little more defoliation before the stretch period ends in flower. I'll wait a week or so after the flip, but light defoliation isn't going to set the schedule back.
Thanks, I'll wait till Sunday then,that'll be 8 days since the flip

Return to “Cannabis Deficiencies And Solutions”