Welcome to the cannabis deficiencies and solution section. In this section you will find and can ask about cannabis plant growth issues, cannabis deficiencies, cannabis toxicity issues, cannabis pest issues. If your cannabis plant has a issue you can look for answers here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Adopted a plant

merricklandon

Re: Adopted a plant

Post by merricklandon »

MafooFarms wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:34 pm
merricklandon wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:47 am
Also what is a "clear water diet"?
Water that has been pH’d to 6.3-6.8 with no nutrients added. To me, without knowing what food she has been given and if she is even eating or not, I would just not mess with the nute bottles until you start your own plant from scratch.

Just my 2 cents here
What do you mean by "if she's even eating"?

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

merricklandon wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:55 pm
MafooFarms wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:34 pm
merricklandon wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:47 am
Also what is a "clear water diet"?
Water that has been pH’d to 6.3-6.8 with no nutrients added. To me, without knowing what food she has been given and if she is even eating or not, I would just not mess with the nute bottles until you start your own plant from scratch.

Just my 2 cents here
What do you mean by "if she's even eating"?
If it makes sense, depending on how the plant is behaving, it may not be uptaking the nutrients you are giving it. In my experience, if a plant is under stress caused by say moving it into a new environment, you may want to back off on following a feeding schedule and let the plant tell you when it is ready for something extra to eat. Thats why I had suggested just giving her pH’d water for a while before feeding her again. Typically, you would wanna be backing off the feed around week 4-5 of flower anyhow so I wouldnt worry too much about all that with this particular plant.
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post:
merricklandon (Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:27 am)

merricklandon

Post by merricklandon »

Thank you for the explanation, that really ties everything you were saying together! I have a water pH meter so I'll figure out how do that tomorrow or the next day when I water her.
These users thanked the author merricklandon for the post:
Mafooo (Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:32 am)

merricklandon

Post by merricklandon »

Should I get rid of any of those leaves?

Also is there anything I can do to increase resin production? Since this is a free plant I'm not that worried about how good the flower will be but it would be great if I could get practice using my rosin press with some of the bud. I have heard that pressing fresh dried, not cured, flower is much better for flower rosin so excited for that!
Mafooo (Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:32 am)

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

That sounds amazing! Something I have never had.

My advice for resin production would be to increase the light intensity a bit in the last week before you chop, then try leaving the light off a day or two at the very end. While these techniques are a bit of a hot button topic, take that with a grain of salt. Going forward, I myself have been wanting to pick up a container of insect frass and use that to trick the plant into trying harder to protect itself. The trichomes (resin) are a defense mechanism against sunburn and herbivores.
Last edited by Mafooo on Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

merricklandon wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:55 am
Thank you for the explanation, that really ties everything you were saying together! I have a water pH meter so I'll figure out how do that tomorrow or the next day when I water her.
Only thing I will say here is do make sure to calibrate your meter and always rinse it off well before capping it. I am an advocate for buying the KCl (potassium chloride) probe storage solution for conditioning and storing your probe.

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

And sorry I missed your question about removing leaves. The ones that are snarly and brown for sure can go. All else, even if a tad yellow, can stay.

merricklandon

Post by merricklandon »

MafooFarms wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:32 am
My advice for resin production would be to increase the light intensity a bit in the last week before you chop, then try leaving the light off a day or two at the very end. While these techniques are a bit of a hot button topic, take that with a grain of salt. Going forward, I myself have been wanting to pick up a container of insect frass and use that to trick the plant into trying harder to protect itself. The trichomes (resin) are a defense mechanism against sunburn and herbivores.
I'll try this. Curious what the thinking is behind leaving the light off at the very end?

Thank you and everyone for all the help.
Mafooo (Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:35 pm)

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

I think it is just a technique to freak the plant into thinking death is coming so it puts its all into the flower

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Metal halide for the last week or two of flowering increases trichome production as well
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
Mafooo (Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:35 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Return to “Cannabis Deficiencies And Solutions”