Welcome to the cannabis deficiencies and solution section. In this section you will find and can ask about cannabis plant growth issues, cannabis deficiencies, cannabis toxicity issues, cannabis pest issues. If your cannabis plant has a issue you can look for answers here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Adopted a plant

merricklandon

Adopted a plant

Post by merricklandon »

So I have been putting together equipment for my first grow. Meet a guy last night to get a tent and maybe some other odds and ends. He has a plant he wants to throw in, as he is moving. She's pretty thirsty, and one of her bottom branches broke during transit. Got her set up in a tent, and watered. The guy was running 24hr lights on so I will continue to do so. She's in FF soil and there are some nutrients too. She's in flower and about 3 feet. How to I nurse her thru harvest? Will try to upload an image if I'm able.

Vador
Known User

Re: Adopted a plant

Post by Vador »

Nice one thats a result, that'll save you some time

You mentioned shes in flower but you also say your lights on 24/7, is she an auto?
What light have you got her under and what nutrients have you got?
These users thanked the author Vador for the post:
merricklandon (Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:28 am)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

merricklandon

Post by merricklandon »

She is an auto flower. She's under a Mars hydro ts1000 in a 3x3x6 tent with a filter/inline fan and another fan to circulate air. Nutes are FF tiger bloom, grow big, big bloom, and garden molasses with yucca extract from grow more. Also, I have been giving her a LOT of water but I don't want to overdo it. What's a good rule of thumb for watering?
These users thanked the author merricklandon for the post:
Vador (Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:42 pm)

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

Best technique for soil watering is stick your finger 2 knuckles deep into the soil. If it feels dry, water it.

Also lift the pot when its just been watered and again when you think its dry. The weight test is also a useful tool.

Get a pic up and we can be more helpful with any questions.
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post (total 2):
Vador (Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:42 pm) • merricklandon (Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:28 am)

merricklandon

Post by merricklandon »

Not sure if I'm able to use the image gallery yet

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

merricklandon wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:29 pm
What's a good rule of thumb for watering?
My personal thumb rule is: 10% of the pot.
Of course if you have a little plant in a big pot (with autoflowers it is common to start the seedling into the definitive pot, transplanting induces stress) there is the risk of overwatering, but if the plant is grown enough (if you say she's on her 3rd week of flowering I assume her roots have fully colonized the pot) this problem does not happens.
So, if the pot is a 10l, I know it can contain 1l of water/nutes; if the soil is very dry (so called "dryout") then it can accept up to +50% water (so, in this 10l pot example, up to 1,5l). I have two plants flowering right now, they have 40l fabric pot each; I can easily fertigate them with 5l each one, having NO washout from the bottom of the pot.

The most important thing is WHEN to water: not everyday! I just lift my pot and sense its weight, while looking to the plant: when lower leaves shows signs of thirst (they look "tired", pointing down) I memorize that weight (muscle memory); that's the best moment to full-water. Plants love routine, so water them at regular intervals it's the best thing. Of course as flowers grow and maturate the plant will need more water/nutes! So if you normally water every (example) 6 days but at a certain point you see the plant thirsty at the 5th day, then water her immediately and start doing it every 5 days.

Last thing: if the soil is very dry, it is quite water repellant. If you pour water in this state, most of it will flow directly from the bottom. Best thing is to water slowly by spraying the soil (5l or 10l pump sprayers FTW :sunglasses:), so it will have the time to be hydrated. Eventually there are products (I use one called "Aqua Burst") that contain saponine (natural soap, there's organic too): they really help the water to spread well into the soil.

Given this, I'm quite a newbie here, this is everything I know that could help you for this problem...

Can you tell us what strain is that autoflower, and what seedbank is from? (just curious)
Last edited by Rorschach on Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Rorschach for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:21 am) • merricklandon (Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:28 am)

merricklandon

Post by merricklandon »

Ok, I have def overwatered her then, but she was a bit dehydrated. I will pull back on the stick. I'm actually not sure the strain tbh. Will try to find out but not sure it will be possible.

merricklandon

Post by merricklandon »

Ok, I have def overwatered her then, but she was a bit dehydrated. I will pull back on the stick. I'm actually not sure the strain tbh. Will try to find out but not sure it will be possible.

merricklandon

Post by merricklandon »

ImageImage

This is from when I first got her home. I'll post a current pic in a few
These users thanked the author merricklandon for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:35 pm)

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

merricklandon wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:41 am
don't worry, if the plant is big enough she can easily manage a single overwatering. Strain and seedbank is not important, was just curious - knowing first how tall the plant will be, how many weeks to finish etc. helps a lot
These users thanked the author Rorschach for the post:
merricklandon (Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:28 am)

Return to “Cannabis Deficiencies And Solutions”