You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

First Timer Organic

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
buddy8

First Timer Organic

Post by buddy8 »

Hello all, Buddy here, first timer, excited for all the insight and advice to come! Ultimately I wanted to grow to save money, see if I could turn a habit into a hobby and also challenge myself with a new task. I think it’ll also teach me discipline along the way, I’m sure I’ll become more invested in all things plants beyond Mary Jane but either way I’m ready.
I’m growing 2 indoor white widow with 300 w led in 32x32x63 tent. I’ll be switching to 600 w led today, as I’m offices it 2 weeks into vegetation. This grow will be the “water only” method I’m following from the kind soil website. I’ll be siding kindsoil and coco loco potting mix in a 3 gallon fabric smart pot. No nutrients or chemicals necessary for this grow
These users thanked the author buddy8 for the post (total 7):
Elijah Growz (Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:15 pm) • Inactive account (Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:50 pm) • Keeno (Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:27 pm) • GMO (Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:57 pm) • Guest (Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:55 pm) • Nanook (Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:11 pm) • Josh (Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:44 am)
"Through my eyes I learned lessons, like time is of the essence and my grind got obsessive." 🏁

IMO
Known User

Re: First Timer Organic

Post by IMO »

Welcome aboard the good ship GR420 🏴‍☠️
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 2):
GMO (Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:57 pm) • buddy8 (Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:16 am)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Hi and welcome along to the growroom
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
buddy8 (Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:17 am)

buddy8

Post by buddy8 »

buddy8 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:04 pm
Hello all, Buddy here, first timer, excited for all the insight and advice to come! Ultimately I wanted to grow to save money, see if I could turn a habit into a hobby and also challenge myself with a new task. I think it’ll also teach me discipline along the way, I’m sure I’ll become more invested in all things plants beyond Mary Jane but either way I’m ready.
I’m growing 2 indoor white widow with 300 w led in 32x32x63 tent. I’ll be switching to 600 w led today, as I’m officially 2 weeks into vegetation. This grow will be the “water only” method I’m following from the kind soil website. I’ll be using kindsoil and coco loco potting mix in a 3 gallon fabric smart pot. No nutrients or chemicals necessary for this grow

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to seeing your grow. Make yourself at home, if you need any help let us know.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Guest (Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:59 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

welcome to the fun house buddy!

im sure youll find just what your looking for here :D
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Welcome buddy8 mate.

buddy8

Post by buddy8 »

Been a few days checking in with an update. If you’re new, my girls (white widow) are about 30 days from first sprout, grown in Kind Soil. No need for any transplanting, the taproots were planted immediately into the medium. If you’re unfamiliar with this grow method, this is a “water only” technique and won’t use any extra nutrients or additives. Manufacturer states that all of the nutrients my plants will need is in the soil, I’ll be following the manufacturer’s instructions from start to finish. The Kind soil goes in the bottom (1/3) of 3 gl. fabric pots and is topped off with coco loco potting. If you’ve never grown with Kind Soil, I found this to be helpful, especially for first timers. The concept is to allow roots to grow down to the Kind soil and only uptake what it needs. This grow is purely organic and I will use Earth Juice Ph up and down per recommendations (if necessary). I have not encountered any issues with water. I began using spring water from local grocery store, after testing, I found that ph was too high, I’ve switched to purely distilled water. Most recently I purchased and have watered with “smart water,” which advertises naturally balanced ph. About a week or so ago, I noticed one of my girls turning yellow towards the bottom of the plant, smaller fan leaves (“sugar leaves“ read somewhere) and light yellow spotting.can anyone tell me if this is normal, they fell off and girls seem fine. One of my girls is growing taller, or as wide, whereas the other is growing wider and fuller. Any tips so far, open to all suggestions!
These users thanked the author buddy8 for the post:
flip (Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:40 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

yellowing from the bottom up would suggest you've depleted your soil of nutrition.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Elijah Growz (Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:20 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

buddy8

Post by buddy8 »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:15 am
Got any pictures?

Is your tap water no good?

That smart water has added cal/mag and potassium (dunno if it's organic or not). It may well be an expensive way to mess a grow up. Plain old tap water is best, no need to ph it.

:idn:

Pics would help.
How would I upload pictures along this thread? Seem to be having trouble figuring it out

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”