You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
greenaubergine

Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Post by greenaubergine »

Hi all,

I found the forum after searching for light recommendations. Here is my experience so far of my first grow, some of what I've learnt and my intentions in starting it. I only wanted to make a short post but I started typing out and enjoyed the writing process.

I think my first grow is nearly ready for harvest. It's been an educational and fun experience. The more I've learnt the more I've been willing to spend and modify my setup. It's been fun so far and something I've wanted to do for a long time.

My plan is to grow various strains with different ratios and strengths of THC/CBD and document the results/effects. I stopped using cannabis 2.5 years ago as my mental health was suffering. Having no choice in what I could buy, smoking often left me feeling like my mind was an intense prison of mirrors. I'm looking for something less intense as an experience with the hope of treating/improving my underlying anxiety. I haven't used tobacco or alcohol over the same period and my consumption of caffeine is greatly diminished. I'll be using a Fury Edge vaporiser and making olive oil infusion to administer with a dropper.

I have picked out some specific seeds for this experiment and I will plant 4 of these strains soon (details lower down).

Before I stopped smoking I intended on growing and had some seeds already, all autos.

Kera Classic - Dwarf
Female Seeds - Big Bud XXL
Some unlabelled that are either - Blue Amnesia or Blueberry Domina.

Planted a couple of these on a whim and this is where it began...

Started 2 Kera classic Dwarf and one Big Bud XXL on the window sill around the start of May.
Moved them into the greenhouse for a while but I'm not keen on outdoor as a long term solution.
Next they lived in a big water butt 'space bucket' under a light I cobbled together from some domestic LED/halogen bulbs and fixtures I had lying around.
I then built a cupboard from scrap furniture board (50x50x160) and ordered a Migro 100+ which has made huge strides in there health and growth.
They have been grown in 3 litre plastic pots with tomato grow bag soil and fed miracle grow liquid organic feed.

Think they're about ready to chop now. Edges of some leaves are looking a bit dark and the stems have gone purple/red. Can't decide if it's phosphorus deficiency, light burn or over feed. I was very surprised that seeds nearly 3 years old grew so well, plants are amazing!

3 of the unlabelled 'Blue' seeds have been started and they're at about week 3. Doing these girls differently from the start. 8 litre fabric pots, Ecothrive Coco Lite, Canna A+B, Cannazym and LST.

Waiting on delivery of a 50x100x180 tent, should arrive this week but should have arrived last week too :roll eyes: . I plan to have the Migro on one side and Invisible Sun on the other. I'll be planting some of my new seeds when it does.

1x Honey Peach Auto CBD - Sweet seeds
1x Cheese Auto CBD - Dinafem
1x Dinamed - Dinafem
1x Pineapple Express Auto - Barney's Farm

It could get a bit crowded so I might delay planting the Pineapple. I'm aiming for more smaller plants in the interest of self experimentation/medicaiton. SCIENCE!!

If anyone has read any of this and is interested in what I'm doing I'll keep on posting. I might even if no one else is :lol:

Love,

GA
These users thanked the author greenaubergine for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:14 pm) • Guest (Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:01 pm) • Keeno (Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:06 pm)

Point 5
Respected Member

Re: Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Post by Point 5 »

Welcome to the forum first off!! Get comfy and grab your favorite drink πŸ™‚

Great read for an intro. It seems you have done alot of research and really taken in what you have read. I woukd love ro see the space bucket set up.

I'm going away to read about the girls you have growing so will prob be back in a bit. Just disnt want to read and leave with out saying hi

If you need any help there normally someone snout or there's a forum guide section
These users thanked the author Point 5 for the post (total 2):
greenaubergine (Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:55 pm) • IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:40 pm)
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

welcome along!

a very detailed intro which is always great!

when it comes to the plant with current issues, your best of getting you post count here up to 10 then you can upload some pics which will make it much easier for people to advise what could be going on

I would also agree ya may get a little crowded with 5(?) going on currently. We have a few members running perpetually in a couple small ish spaces like you have described. take a little look through the diaries section and you should get an idea for how to use the space.... if theres anything else or specific questions. we are always around

nice to meet ya and see ya around soon
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
greenaubergine (Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:56 pm) • Guest (Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:02 pm)
β€œIf you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Welcome aboard.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
greenaubergine (Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:56 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Welcome greenaubergine / GA

With that much detail to an intro you so have to start a grow diary, can't wait to see some pics etc.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
greenaubergine (Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:56 pm)

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

Point 5 wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:45 am
Welcome to the forum first off!! Get comfy and grab your favorite drink πŸ™‚

Great read for an intro. It seems you have done alot of research and really taken in what you have read. I woukd love ro see the space bucket set up.

I'm going away to read about the girls you have growing so will prob be back in a bit. Just disnt want to read and leave with out saying hi

If you need any help there normally someone snout or there's a forum guide section
Thanks! The online community has posted so much useful information all over the place. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the space bucket before I dismantled it. It was a big green plastic water butt with a fan duct taped to the outside. The lid was a bit of furniture board that I attached the lights to. I had the bits lying around and wanted to try it out. I had no idea you could grow in even smaller spaces! Grateful to have a bigger space to work in now. The Dwarf apparently has THC around 12% but couldn't find much info on CBD. The Blue is 17-18%. I've done a lot more research since I bought those so I'm hoping the new plants will have the desired effect.

All the best!

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

GMO wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:28 am
welcome along!

a very detailed intro which is always great!

when it comes to the plant with current issues, your best of getting you post count here up to 10 then you can upload some pics which will make it much easier for people to advise what could be going on

I would also agree ya may get a little crowded with 5(?) going on currently. We have a few members running perpetually in a couple small ish spaces like you have described. take a little look through the diaries section and you should get an idea for how to use the space.... if theres anything else or specific questions. we are always around

nice to meet ya and see ya around soon
Thanks! Do replies add to the post count? I might have already cut the Dwarf and BB XXL down by the time I've got 10 up. I've been checking on the trichomes with a 30x phone camera microscope and they're milking up nicely.

I'll take a look at some diaries for sure, eager to learn what other people do. I have the space and budget for another small tent and light setup but it's been an expensive few months already!

Appreciate the welcome!

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

Minty wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:16 pm
Welcome greenaubergine / GA

With that much detail to an intro you so have to start a grow diary, can't wait to see some pics etc.
Thanks! I'm going to read a few diaries on here today. My intention is to keep notes on everything and write it up, hopefully my actions will follow. Once I invest my time and money into something I like to see improvement in results, documenting should help. I'll be writing up my experience with the drug itself too, might start a blog on that. Curious to see how my relationship with cannabis has changed after a long period of abstinence.

All the best!
These users thanked the author greenaubergine for the post (total 2):
Minty (Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:56 pm) • IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:39 pm)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

greenaubergine wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:48 pm
Thanks! Do replies add to the post count?
Yea, quick and easy way to get your post count up is to welcome all the members in the new members section. Just post a quick hello (or 7) and you should be good.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
greenaubergine (Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:58 pm)

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

Minty wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:56 pm
greenaubergine wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:48 pm
Thanks! Do replies add to the post count?
Yea, quick and easy way to get your post count up is to welcome all the members in the new members section. Just post a quick hello (or 7) and you should be good.
Well this one puts me up to 10 so much be photo time!
These users thanked the author greenaubergine for the post:
Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 pm)

Return to β€œNew Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”