You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
weedabix

Re: Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Post by weedabix »

Hi Greenaubergine,
welcome to the forum! Your motivations for growing your own really resonate with me! I am smoking for my mental health and also because I like smoking but stopped smoking tobacco! I too want to see different effects and I'm after that 90's feelgood mellow smoke that makes you giggle and space out on good music! And everything I have grown so far (which isn't much but it's 6 different plants) is amazing and is better than any street weed. So I am sure you're on the right track and I am curious on your experiences with those CBD strains!
All the best and I am looking forward to reading more from you,
weedabix
These users thanked the author weedabix for the post (total 2):
IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:59 pm) • Guest (Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:11 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

greenaubergine wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:32 pm
IMO wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:26 pm
On the subject of caffeine I gave it up last October as it was really messing with me, I gave up cold turkey and man no joke it was brutal and from taking to other people withdrawal for some can be a real bitch I had a week of withdrawals like what I imagine may be similar to what a junkie might get, I had shakes, anxiety through the roof depression it sucked donkey balls, I’d never go back to it I will have the occasional decaff but me and caffeine are done. If anyone reads this and has anxiety or panic attacks caffeine should be the first thing to go.
Another note on the subject of possible weed induced anxiety I used to be on a Facebook cbd page and it was suprising how many people were using cbd products to counter anxiety caused by thc, seems cbd is a good antidote/balancing influence.
Good for you! That was my experience too. I started taking note of when my anxiety happened, had a couple of panic attacks and realised lots of coffee was consistent with those feelings. I hadn't realised how much I'd been propping myself up with coffee all these years. I was exhausted for months after stopping. It all levelled out and now I have to accept I can't be as intense and switched on all the time.
Yeah we have to learn to live without it, like you say it levels out, I can now wake up refreshed and don’t need a coffee to get my going.

The Daze
Known User

Post by The Daze »

πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’š
🌱 Welcome to the Grow Room 🌱
πŸƒThis place is amazing, full of great advice, wonderful help on grows, and of course EPIC giveaways!
πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘½ Daze
πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’š
These users thanked the author The Daze for the post:
Guest (Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:10 pm)
βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ»πŸ’›πŸŒ»πŸŒ±πŸŒ±βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨
we are on our way to growing beautiful cannabis
Be Well. Keep it Green. Blessed by Cannabis.
Our Current Garden:
NEW GROW SOON
|*Latest Grow Out*|

πŸŒˆπŸ’šπŸŒ»πŸŒ±πŸŒˆ

Post by Guest »

On the subject of caffeine I gave it up last October as it was really messing with me, I gave up cold turkey and man no joke it was brutal and from taking to other people withdrawal for some can be a real bitch I had a week of withdrawals like what I imagine may be similar to what a junkie might get, I had shakes, anxiety through the roof depression it sucked donkey balls, I’d never go back to it I will have the occasional decaff but me and caffeine are done. If anyone reads this and has anxiety or panic attacks caffeine should be the first thing to go.
Another note on the subject of possible weed induced anxiety I used to be on a Facebook cbd page and it was suprising how many people were using cbd products to counter anxiety caused by thc, seems cbd is a good antidote/balancing influence.

Alcohol makes me depressed if I do it abit too much so I tend to stay away from it
I was going to mention CBD bud but I haven't really tried it or grew it so couldn't really comment.

The only time I had induced anxiety like that was in Amsterdam when I smoked too much of a pure sativa strain. Dr Grinsoon I think it was.

Maybe I will order some CBD bud through to try? Anyone ever used it in UK?
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

weedabix wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:41 pm
Hi Greenaubergine,
welcome to the forum! Your motivations for growing your own really resonate with me! I am smoking for my mental health and also because I like smoking but stopped smoking tobacco! I too want to see different effects and I'm after that 90's feelgood mellow smoke that makes you giggle and space out on good music! And everything I have grown so far (which isn't much but it's 6 different plants) is amazing and is better than any street weed. So I am sure you're on the right track and I am curious on your experiences with those CBD strains!
weedabix
Also curious on CBD strains. Just never give it a chance I think.

Post by Guest »

greenaubergine wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:27 pm

Here's my 50x50 until the tent arrives. As I started them with inconsistent methods they stretched due to low light. I'm not expecting a big yield but have had a big learn.

Nice looking grow. Those bugs look like a pain though. i'm fihhting off gnats right now.

Hope all goes well.

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

weedabix wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:41 pm
Hi Greenaubergine,
weedabix
I'm with you 100%. I don't want to be battered out my skull, life is short and beautiful and I've done more than my fair share of that.

I loved smoking, was a 1-2 pack a day cigarette smoker for a long time. Rolling and smoking joints was a pleasure. I'm not getting any younger though and don't want the health problems. I ordered a Fury Edge from Healthy Rips and when my plants are done and dry that's where they'll be going. I used an e-cig for a while but never a dry herb vape. I've read that vaping is less wasteful and less harmful. Not having to interact with the black market is a major plus for me, I had a few friendly dealers in the past but a lot of not such nice characters. You never really know what it is, where it came from or if there's any exploitation or violence involved in having it. An untraceable supply chain is an ethical horror show waiting to happen, the traceable ones are problematic enough.

I've just knocked out a little grow diary and I'll keep sharing my experience.

All the best
These users thanked the author greenaubergine for the post:
weedabix (Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:25 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

DIY.Rik wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:10 pm

Alcohol makes me depressed if I do it abit too much so I tend to stay away from it
I was going to mention CBD bud but I haven't really tried it or grew it so couldn't really comment.

The only time I had induced anxiety like that was in Amsterdam when I smoked too much of a pure sativa strain. Dr Grinsoon I think it was.

Maybe I will order some CBD bud through to try? Anyone ever used it in UK?
I’ve used it quite abit, smells and tastes nice like thc bud, I find it can knock me out come bedtime

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Welcome greenaubergine,
This us a really interesting thread, I have also been wondering about cbd bud and plan on getting some seeds for my next grow.

I'm also on my first grow, like you I planted some seeds on a whim, mine came from some dodgy bud I had though, I managed to get 4 out if six to germinate and I then started buying bits and pieces as I couldnt really leave them on the kitchen windowsill lol

I would recommend having a look at the competitions, I've only been on here for a few weeks and have already won some seeds, there are lots of amazing bigger prizes up for grabs as well, grow tents and decent lights.

Good luck!
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
Guest (Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 pm)
β€œAlthough I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

Post by Guest »

There is an abundance of CBD talk online surrounding anxiety but nothing really obvious about terpenes or THC which I find interesting. Much to do with CBD being legally available now I think.

Anyway, there is a little research about terpene's and depression, mood stabilising etc... like limonene also anxiolytic and mycene which is found in Mango's.

Also maybe look into the entourage effect, this would help.

Return to β€œNew Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”