You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
Poizon.Ivy.420
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Post by Poizon.Ivy.420 »

Welcome to the forum. We're so glad you decided to join us! I look forward to learning from you - you're quite the innovative grower. Love your plants!
These users thanked the author Poizon.Ivy.420 for the post:
greenaubergine (Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:53 pm)

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

fibrosux wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:06 pm
Welcome greenaubergine,
This us a really interesting thread, I have also been wondering about cbd bud and plan on getting some seeds for my next grow.

I'm also on my first grow, like you I planted some seeds on a whim, mine came from some dodgy bud I had though, I managed to get 4 out if six to germinate and I then started buying bits and pieces as I couldnt really leave them on the kitchen windowsill lol

I would recommend having a look at the competitions, I've only been on here for a few weeks and have already won some seeds, there are lots of amazing bigger prizes up for grabs as well, grow tents and decent lights.

Good luck!
Thanks! Would be great to win something, this turning into an expensive hobby!

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

Poizon.Ivy.420 wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:39 pm
Welcome to the forum. We're so glad you decided to join us! I look forward to learning from you - you're quite the innovative grower. Love your plants!
Thanks! that's very kind. Just a bit of a bodger really.

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

DIY.Rik wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:21 pm
There is an abundance of CBD talk online surrounding anxiety but nothing really obvious about terpenes or THC which I find interesting. Much to do with CBD being legally available now I think.

Anyway, there is a little research about terpene's and depression, mood stabilising etc... like limonene also anxiolytic and mycene which is found in Mango's.

Also maybe look into the entourage effect, this would help.
CBD is all the rage but I''ve not tried any of the products. My own plants will be my first interaction with it. I still wanted some THC looking forward to the honey peach as its a 1:1 ratio the cbd around 6%. I've read and listened to some very interesting stuff on the endocannabinoid system. The entourage effect is fascinating, the plant seems to have its synergy totally under wraps.

I've not read anything on terpenes specifically, i'll get it on the research list.

Thanks!
These users thanked the author greenaubergine for the post:
Guest (Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:48 pm)

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

QUICK UPDATE!

I got a small harvest from one of my first plants and after drying started vaping. It's curing now but my curiosity got the better of me. I'm really enjoying the effects and my anxiety and physical pain seem to be greatly reduced. I've had a few days on, a few days off and no issues so far. I got 5g dried from the first plant I took but still have the majority left, vaping is crazy efficient and I've had a looooong tolerance break. I'm letting the others run longer as they weren't quite ready. I think the inconsistent and non-ideal conditions they were started in means they need more time to reach their potential.

The other plants are growing well. I'm looking forward to experiencing the Honey Peach, DInamed and CBD Cheese that'll be ready in a few months.

chronicthehemphog

Post by chronicthehemphog »

Hi and welcome along 😊
What an intro πŸ‘ fellow mental health sufferer here and growing for same reasons, want to control what I'm smoking 😊 I've had a turbulent 12months growing but after finding this forum (and lurking in the background πŸ‘€) and trial and error πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ I think I'm finally getting there and now confident enough to join in lol πŸ˜‚
J
These users thanked the author chronicthehemphog for the post:
Mrs Beefheart (Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:55 pm)
A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better :Stoned:

Phonyhunter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Phonyhunter »

Sounds like a good setup for a first run.
Question though, why did you choose to go with Automatics?

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

Good luck bro..............allways good to see new peeps.................. :bye: :dj: :dj: :dj: :dj: :puff puff:

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

Phonyhunter wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:38 pm
Sounds like a good setup for a first run.
Question though, why did you choose to go with Automatics?

I went with Autos as it seemed to be the simpler options. I was watching a lot of youtube videos from a Canadian guy growing autos with great success. Will be trying my first photos this year, hoping to time the light schedule switch with the hottest time of year to keep temps down.

Return to β€œNew Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”