You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Hello all! new member here

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
goldap1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello all! new member here

Post by goldap1 »

I dont really know what to write down here lol..
my username is goldap1 and i smoke weed since i was in high school!
mostly a casual weed smoker tbh, like 1-2 times a week socially, i never really felt the need to personally smoke weed myself, until i had some problems a few years ago that when i discovered smoking it helped my health. so i never actually thought i would attempt to ever grow cannabis but here i am preparing and researching what i need!
also i live in the U.K so hello anyone from the U.K!
i was gaming a few weeks ago and in teamchat one of my friends from Romania mentioned he grew his own weed personally, so i was intrigued. he talked about things called "autos" and i`ve never heard of them, i thought he meant like a weed name like Star dog or haze or blueberry.
( i know now xD kinda i think they just grow no matter what sorta)
he told me the website he bought the seeds from and i bought some there and thought ok lets try 1 plant and see what happens.
i`ve seen the massive weed farms on TV etc and growhouses from drugdealers on police programmes etc, i dont plan to do anything like that, just maybe 1-2 plants MAX at a time.

i think im already writing too much!

basically i wanted some advice on quite i few things but not sure if this is the correct section to ask so i`ll leave it at that for now.

greetings all, :bye:
AKA BigBoss on Discord

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Hello all! new member here

Post by GMO »

Hello and welcome mate

Your in the right place for all the help you could need

I guess the main questions will be how much space you have devoted to the hobby and how much far along the process of setting up and planning you are?

Any questions, I'm sure plenty of members will have lots of helpful information

Make yourself at home and have a good read about the threads pal

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

goldap1

Post by goldap1 »

Hi GMO thanks ^^

i am not too great at measurements and numbers, the best way i could describe visually is say 1-2 phonebooth spaces, if that makes any sense ><
i have a small store room thats already being used to stock some stuff we keep for winter clothes and gym stuff etc, buttheres a small section that i would like to put a small growtent up in and try to plant 1-2 seeds.

as far for what i`ve done and bought for prepping i already bought some LED full spectrum grow lights (hopefully its the right one and it works) and already have 6 seeds i bought earlier from a website, i wont post the name because i dont know if i am allowed to promote website etc.

i dont have any soil yet but was planning to use just regular soil from the garden store, also i`ve seen a nice grow tent i would like to buy but i`m not sure if its the right one for me or not, i`m not sure if i am allowed to post the link so i wont, maybe in PM but im not sure how that works lol.
also there are holes in the tent for fan/extractor or carbon filter i think its called, i read up on them and how to install them i kind of know how to do it but tbh havent really found any videos on youtube that properly show you how to do it, not for me anyway.
i was planning to water them with tap or rainwater but after some reading it seems i really have to pay attention to somthing called PH and use some PH tester on my water to make sure its around 5.5 to 6.5 i think if the numbers are right, i hope i understood that correctly at least.

my next step is to buy the grow tent then set it up with the light and then begin to germinate the seeds!

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Welcome to the Growroom.

The cheapest way to grow is in soil, as there's less equipment to use and an easier learning curve.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Hello and welcome to the forum buddy. We will get you growing the best autos with the best equipment for the right price. Don't rush to buy anything before you're all 100% what you want to do

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

goldap1 wrote:Hi GMO thanks ^^

i am not too great at measurements and numbers, the best way i could describe visually is say 1-2 phonebooth spaces, if that makes any sense ><
i have a small store room thats already being used to stock some stuff we keep for winter clothes and gym stuff etc, buttheres a small section that i would like to put a small growtent up in and try to plant 1-2 seeds.

as far for what i`ve done and bought for prepping i already bought some LED full spectrum grow lights (hopefully its the right one and it works) and already have 6 seeds i bought earlier from a website, i wont post the name because i dont know if i am allowed to promote website etc.

i dont have any soil yet but was planning to use just regular soil from the garden store, also i`ve seen a nice grow tent i would like to buy but i`m not sure if its the right one for me or not, i`m not sure if i am allowed to post the link so i wont, maybe in PM but im not sure how that works lol.
also there are holes in the tent for fan/extractor or carbon filter i think its called, i read up on them and how to install them i kind of know how to do it but tbh havent really found any videos on youtube that properly show you how to do it, not for me anyway.
i was planning to water them with tap or rainwater but after some reading it seems i really have to pay attention to somthing called PH and use some PH tester on my water to make sure its around 5.5 to 6.5 i think if the numbers are right, i hope i understood that correctly at least.

my next step is to buy the grow tent then set it up with the light and then begin to germinate the seeds!
Fyi bud, links are welcome for educational purposes. It's only direct advertising that would be a problem. But sharing links is kinda needed some times

When it comes to led there is a lot of misinformation and "comparative" power output. This can be abit of a minefield tbh with you, but once we know what your working with we can help better

2 phone boxes... I'm gonna say about 1.5x1.5x2m ish at a guess but you really wanna get your gentleman's tapemeasure out and confirm, especially if your planning on spending money on a tent

PH is really not something to worry about at all in soil unless there is a major problem

I would also say that auto strains are alot less forgiving to learn with. They are on the clock from the start so you really need to get things right for it to pay off. Photo period seeds are alot more forgiving as you have control over when flower starts, so any issues and be resolved before moving on

With that being said. Well prepared soil and some good research will always help your first run go alot smoother if you do choose to run the seeds you have already

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

goldap1

Post by goldap1 »

Bulls wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:29 pm
Hello and welcome to the forum buddy. We will get you growing the best autos with the best equipment for the right price. Don't rush to buy anything before you're all 100% what you want to do
thanks mate just saw one of your videos called jaffacookies week 6 looks so dusty the buds!

goldap1

Post by goldap1 »

so just made a full post with links but it wont let me post links so fml XD wrote all for nothing haha. i will just try to copy paste the names of said items instead maybe you can search them on google :ak:

goldap1

Post by goldap1 »

area: 100cm x 100cm x 200m roughly this
lights: ASUNDOM Newest 50W LED Grow Light,Panel Full Spectrum UV & IR Grow Lights Aluminum Made with Daisy Chain for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower
seeds: auto critical soma feminized

bought the lights and seeds already, the next step is the tent, i was looking at this:
2019 Premium Grow Tent 1680D Silver Mylar Indoor Bud Box Hydroponics Dark Room

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Hi mate and welcome to the forum is the make of tent you are looking at?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-Premium ... 3054659195

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”