You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Drying in a wine Fridge

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Drying in a wine Fridge

Post by Marcus »

Hang the plant to dry, then get it in a tub/jar till it sits at around 60% RH, then vac pack the stuff and sling it in the fridge.

I use a Husky beer fridge, keep my seeds in there too... got dope that's well over 2 years old in there still good when I crack the bags.

It's a bit squished though. :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:54 am) • TerpBurglar (Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:53 pm) • 2-Scoops (Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:25 pm)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

Rorschach wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:58 am
Man you gave me this idea yesterday so went check on Amazon and found something interesting, still quite cheap:
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B08WLW49H9/?co ... _lig_dp_it
of course the page is in Italian :lol:
Btw for €189 seems a good shot, it's 73l capable... The only question I have is about humidity: how to manage it?
I don't remember what the humidity was like on the reddit post I found this on but it must have been good because it was working great for the dude. I'll have to find the post again

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:52 am
Hang the plant to dry, then get it in a tub/jar till it sits at around 60% RH, then vac pack the stuff and sling it in the fridge.

I use a Husky beer fridge, keep my seeds in there too... got dope that's well over 2 years old in there still good when I crack the bags.

It's a bit squished though. :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Thanks the the advice dude. The post was just about drying in the extreme conditions. During the heatwave I could only use my grow room to dry in and the temp was almost 30c. So was looking for ways to dry slowly and preserve the terps
These users thanked the author TerpBurglar for the post (total 2):
Rorschach (Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:25 pm) • Marcus (Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:31 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:52 am
Seen one or two do it in freezer as well this way or just in a plastic sealed tub with a 62rh pack in and then straight into freezer, i seem to remember Bandit doing this from time to time.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Marcus (Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:31 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

TerpBurglar wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:58 pm
Thanks the the advice dude. The post was just about drying in the extreme conditions. During the heatwave I could only use my grow room to dry in and the temp was almost 30c. So was looking for ways to dry slowly and preserve the terps
I dry plants in the flowering tent with the lights on, I just chop them at the bottom and leave them whole. Another advantage of not taking any fan leaves off during the plant's lifetime.
30*c ain't too bad, I've had plants that have been dried on the hot rocks in the hills in Jamaica and they still rocked my boat. ... and kept me awake for a few days :strangling:

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:28 pm
Seen one or two do it in freezer as well this way or just in a plastic sealed tub with a 62rh pack in and then straight into freezer, i seem to remember Bandit doing this from time to time.
Yes, he had them metal tins and used to sling a boveda pack in and then straight in the fridge if I remembering right.

I think preserving terps is all about the cure. They gotta be dry to be cured and drying them fast or slow will still burn off the same quantity of terps.

5 days of hanging vs 2 weeks... :idn:
Low and slow seems to be the science of the Bro though and if we try and question it we get looked at like we got 3 heads.

:wave:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:02 pm)

TerpBurglar

Post by TerpBurglar »

That's super interesting. Maybe people are way too cautious and stuck in their old ways. I was just listening to a pod with the maker of the herbs now dryer and he insists that his machine produces better results than hanging the whole plant in 60/60 conditions, he even has side by side lab testing results. His machine dries in like 3 days, which sounded crazy to me 🤯 people seem to like it tho

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”