You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

New here and new to growing!

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
cozyboytro

New here and new to growing!

Post by cozyboytro »

Hey everyone! I just joined the site and have been recently thinking about growing since I've gotten my own place now and would like to make a small indoor setup that could fit 2-3 maybe 4 plants. I was thinking about going with an LED light setup and wouldn't mind investing for a quality product that I could use for the long term. I have no idea on about any of the LED brands or different types of LED lights so do any of you who have some experience have any recommendations on lights or companies that I should look into? Also If I wanted to grow only 2-3 plants how big of a tent should I get and how strong lights should I get. I really don't plan on going past 3 plants. Excited for this part of my life, feels like it's part of the next chapter.
These users thanked the author cozyboytro for the post (total 5):
Greenfingers (Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:27 am) • Inactive account (Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:17 am) • 2-Scoops (Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:52 am) • Herbalist (Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:01 am) • FX (Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:14 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: New here and new to growing!

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to GR420,

There are many options for LED. @Invisible Sun sponsor the forum and have some very good lights using the latest chip sets.

As for size tent. For 2 plants id say 1.2 x 0.6m or 80 80cm. Fir 4 plants 1.2 x 1.2m.

There are some good topics on tent size, how many watts per area and more in the following section viewforum.php?f=6

Make yourself at home.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Invisible Sun (Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:03 am) • Herbalist (Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:01 am) • cozyboytro (Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:53 pm)

Invisible Sun

Post by Invisible Sun »

cozyboytro wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:24 am
Hey everyone! I just joined the site and have been recently thinking about growing since I've gotten my own place now and would like to make a small indoor setup that could fit 2-3 maybe 4 plants. I was thinking about going with an LED light setup and wouldn't mind investing for a quality product that I could use for the long term. I have no idea on about any of the LED brands or different types of LED lights so do any of you who have some experience have any recommendations on lights or companies that I should look into? Also If I wanted to grow only 2-3 plants how big of a tent should I get and how strong lights should I get. I really don't plan on going past 3 plants. Excited for this part of my life, feels like it's part of the next chapter.
If you want any advice on LED then feel free to drop us a call or email us. +44 151 6473002 or enquiry@invisiblesunled.co.uk
These users thanked the author Invisible Sun for the post:
Treetrunk (Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:18 am)
For further information on our products please visit our website www.invisiblesunled.co.uk

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

Welcome aboard @cozyboytro
One thing I can tell you. Don't buy a Kit.
Get quality kit from the off.
I wasted loads of money when I started.
If you want to start with an 80cm tent my personal recommendation would be as follows.
Green qube tent. Absolutely bullet proof and you get discount on here. 20% :barmy:
Invisible Sun light. You'll need 300w for flowering.
AC infinity 4 inch extraction fan.
A monkey fan for air movement.
Looking forward to seeing some monsters :rock:
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 3):
Greenfingers (Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:27 am) • Invisible Sun (Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:45 am) • Herbalist (Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:02 am)

Rawreefer
Grow Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Rawreefer »

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo and get in there cos once you start you will love it...
These users thanked the author Rawreefer for the post:
Invisible Sun (Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:45 am)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

cozyboytro wrote:Hey everyone! I just joined the site and have been recently thinking about growing since I've gotten my own place now and would like to make a small indoor setup that could fit 2-3 maybe 4 plants. I was thinking about going with an LED light setup and wouldn't mind investing for a quality product that I could use for the long term. I have no idea on about any of the LED brands or different types of LED lights so do any of you who have some experience have any recommendations on lights or companies that I should look into? Also If I wanted to grow only 2-3 plants how big of a tent should I get and how strong lights should I get. I really don't plan on going past 3 plants. Excited for this part of my life, feels like it's part of the next chapter.
Hi and welcome along to the Growroom I’m sure you’ll get all the info u need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
Invisible Sun (Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:56 am)

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

Hey hey

@cozyboytro how big is the space your looking at putting the tent in as then can help work out what best size tent for you.

Lights companys:
Here’s a few to consider
Invisible Sun
Lumatek
Mars Hydro
Spider Farmer
Telos
Par+

Light Reviews:
2x2: https://youtu.be/W44k8EwlLKU
2x4: https://youtu.be/WOu3Us2LL2g
3x3: https://youtu.be/X2fligl7jpg
4x4: https://youtu.be/2q45DwnEcOY

Ps. How much you looking at spend for your project ?
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:03 am) • Wardrobe Farming (Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:29 pm) • biosynthetic (Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:16 pm)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

Welcome along mate. It's be said but 1.2x1.2m would be my choice for 4 plant setup. I use an 80x80 but only grow one at a time. Light wise, again it's been said, go for quality like invis sun or similar, don't buy the cheap crap, it's not worth it as the light is such a vital bit of equipment. I grow in coco as I find it easier when mixing feeds and things, the soil and Hydro peeps will have a differing view on that lol but each to their own imho. There's no right or wrong medium really, they all can produce quality bud. The other area where I woupd spend decent money is on the extractor fan, making sire you have the right size for the tent , again, cheap ones tend to fail imho.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:04 am) • biosynthetic (Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:22 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

As above really bud. 60x60cm per full size plant is generally the foot area and about 100w of power per the same area in full flower (but you'll be using much less for starting and veg)

Invisible sun offer great units

Regardless, welcome along bud. Make yourself at home
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Herbalist (Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:10 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Welcome aboard the good ship GR420 🏴‍☠️, it’s already been said but I use a 1.2x1.2 which you can fit 4 plants in, light wise I’d stick with invisible sun personally I don’t think they can be beat on quality and I think their prices are fair, British company as well 💪.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Herbalist (Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:16 pm)

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”